• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally get not throwing your best offer out there first in a negotiation but this stuff the Lakers are doing is just downright insulting. I could totally understand New Orleans being pissed off and choosing not to deal with them after that. This is like going to a car lot, picking out a 100,000 dollar Corvette and then telling the salesperson you'll give them 20,000 for it. They'd kick you off the lot for wasting their time. Magic/Pelinka need to get serious. The starting offer should include 3 of 4 young players and keep interchanging pieces until you get to the point of having to go all in. Offering 2 is just ridiculous.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Lakers are going to do everything in their power to land New Orleans Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis either this season or over the summer. But it's growing increasingly clear that the Lakers may not have the pieces to entice the Pelicans.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst spoke about that fact on the The Sedano Show:

"For Davis, a top-five arguable player who is going to be desired in many different markets, the Lakers just don't have the assets. ... It's just not enough for the Pelicans. They just don't like what the Lakers have to offer. And that is not lost on Davis. That is why it's pretty clear his camp is waging a battle to make Boston not even bid so the Lakers have a chance. Because it's as clear as day that Boston can outbid the Lakers. They just don't have the assets."

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reputations don’t mean what they used to but if DAVIS is doing that it causes damage. If you really only want to go there then you shut your mouth and leave after next season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime someone tells you that CBB is better than the NBA, please just remind them that a top 25 team scored 24 points in a 40 minute game

LMFAOOOOOO

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Woj more than most of the alleged insiders, but let's be honest. We could do their job for the most part. They are not held accountable for anything and could make up reports if they wanted. Pretty sure they do.

Woj is reporting the Lakers first offer, as though anyone in the LA FO would tell him about players they offered to deal before they were dealt? And fans eat that up. He also reported (through unnamed sources, of course) that AD insisted he only be moved to LA. When Davis, himself, said this couldn't be further from the truth and he has never given a "list" of any kind.
Lmfao

You could do Woj and Shams job?

* mute *

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we couldn’t all do what they do. They have acquired legit sources from the NBA and more times are right than they are wrong. Sometimes they get it wrong because wrong information is Purposely leaked by a team.

Sources come from teams, agents, players, front office staffers etc.

Even if what they report at its core may be incorrect, i 100% believe someone gave them the information as a reliable source. You can check the sources motives if you want but the journalist is gonna report what he’s heard.
I could see if he said Broussard.

But, Woj and Shams?

Clown.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj also isn't the only one reporting this.

I'm sure he and Sham ( the 2 best in the business) are totally wrong and just making this shit up lol
Liiiiiiiiieeeeesssss!

I'm sure this anonymous poster on Sportshoopla could tweet out every NBA Draft Pick for the last half decade 5 full minutes before the team makes the pick.

He's completely SHOOK that we are discussing this topic.

If I didn't know that the Lakers fans on this site weren't cowardly enough to make a burner account to refute rumors, I'd think he was a dupe.

He's not.

But, he might be a clown.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All due respect but unbelievable is that fans take these reports as gospel. Never mind even if it were true (I doubt it is), should they make their best offer first?
First and foremost, I wipe my ass with what you think.

With all due respect.

:thumb:

You don't dictate what I discuss, nor what I believe.

If it's a topic you don't enjoy , skip the post.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and none of them included multiple firsts.

Also I'm pretty sure he didn't make 5 different offers.

The deal they offered last night was the only official offer they made

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reputations don’t mean what they used to but if DAVIS is doing that it causes damage. If you really only want to go there then you shut your mouth and leave after next season.
He just has too much time left on his contract to deter other teams from bidding.

If a team traded for him now, they'd have until next deadline to change his mind.

If he insists on leaving, they could deal him then.

That's a full calendar year away.

More if they wait to sign and trade him after next year.

He doesn't have the leverage that he thinks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Lakers are going to do everything in their power to land New Orleans Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis either this season or over the summer. But it's growing increasingly clear that the Lakers may not have the pieces to entice the Pelicans.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst spoke about that fact on the The Sedano Show:

"For Davis, a top-five arguable player who is going to be desired in many different markets, the Lakers just don't have the assets. ... It's just not enough for the Pelicans. They just don't like what the Lakers have to offer. And that is not lost on Davis. That is why it's pretty clear his camp is waging a battle to make Boston not even bid so the Lakers have a chance. Because it's as clear as day that Boston can outbid the Lakers. They just don't have the assets."
thsi is what i have been trying to say

the Lakers assets are not even that attractive.

you really want to trade for Ingram one year before yo uhave to make a huge decision on whether to give him a big contract?

or Lonzo Ball- who is duplicative with Payton anyway- and would attempt to cry his way out of town?

or Hart- a solid young 3 and D guy without much of a ceiling?

Kuzma is to me the only one that is a real attractive asset - hes solid- but its pretty damn easy to find a PF that can score and cant play any D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers came to the table with anything less than Kuzma, Ingram, Hart, and 3 first rounders they are clearly not thinking this out clearly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point they need to throw literally everyone not named lebron at the pelicans along with a couple of first rounders

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point they need to throw literally everyone not named lebron at the pelicans along with a couple of first rounders

How does that help the Pelicans giving up their best player (And arguably the best in the NBA) for a team full of bums though? You give your best for another top 2-3 player in the league for as close to an even swap as you can get. Lakers have nothing other than bums and a washed up Lebron