• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we couldn’t all do what they do. They have acquired legit sources from the NBA and more times are right than they are wrong. Sometimes they get it wrong because wrong information is Purposely leaked by a team.

Sources come from teams, agents, players, front office staffers etc.

Even if what they report at its core may be incorrect, i 100% believe someone gave them the information as a reliable source. You can check the sources motives if you want but the journalist is gonna report what he’s heard.
Fair, but I could check NBA Trade Machine and not need a source to come up with these "reports".

What purpose would it serve a team to leak a player's name offered in trade who might end up remaining with the team?

Did anyone have the Kyrie to Boston deal? PG to OKC, then resigning with OKC? CP to Houston? Zingis to anyone....let alone Dallas? Never heard about any of the Cavs deadline deals last year before they went down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think someone from the Lakers organization would have called them out if this is something they just made up? Pretty obvious they heard this from a trustworthy source.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't have their jobs if they were just talking out of their ass and not getting information from a reliable source.
Anyone who was sure PG was going to LA was talking out of his ass. There were insiders who were sure Love was going to LA, as well. Not talking out of their ass?

The source could be as simple as "Kevin, would you consider going back to the Coast and joining the Lakers"

Kevin - "I'd consider anything"

But as I said, nothing is more comical than the angst from fans about rumors that hadn't heppened about trades, FA, the draft, etc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Shams and The Athletic just making this up as well.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who was sure PG was going to LA was talking out of his ass. There were insiders who were sure Love was going to LA, as well. Not talking out of their ass?

PG admitted himself that if the Pacers never traded him, he was going to LA as a free agent....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think someone from the Lakers organization would have called them out if this is something they just made up? Pretty obvious they heard this from a trustworthy source.
No, I dont.....they know this stuff happens all the time and talking about the sport helps the sport.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again if they were all making shit up not getting any information from trustworthy sources, you really think these guys would have their jobs?

These guys wouldn't last so long in the business if they were getting information from team sources.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG admitted himself that if the Pacers never traded him, he was going to LA as a free agent....
according to an unnamed source?

Either way, even if it came out of his mouth, it never happened and reporters were sure he'd be traded to LA then were sure he'd sign there. He didn't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once again if they were all making shit up not getting any information from trustworthy sources, you really think these guys would have their jobs?

These guys wouldn't last so long in the business if they were getting information from team sources.
The source could be the reporter asking the team if a certain list of players is on the table with the team saying anything is on the table.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were reputable "insiders" saying Friend of Dorsey reporting John Dorsey loved Josh Allen and will take him.

Now I will agree there are teams who plant stories they want to get out, but that just confirms these guys don't really have a clue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to an unnamed source?

Either way, even if it came out of his mouth, it never happened and reporters were sure he'd be traded to LA then were sure he'd sign there. He didn't.

And this is a lie. There were legit rumors about him being traded to the Cavs. Nobody was sure he would be traded to the Lakers.

Paul George himself said he prefers Lakers and doubled down on it earlier this season when he said he would have went to the Lakers had the Pacers not traded him and allowed him to leave for nothing as a free agent

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is a lie. There were legit rumors about him being traded to the Cavs. Nobody was sure he would be traded to the Lakers.

Paul George himself said he prefers Lakers and doubled down on it earlier this season when he said he would have went to the Lakers had the Pacers not traded him and allowed him to leave for nothing as a free agent
Sure might have been hyperbole, but many thought it was a strong possibility.

And why were they legit rumors? Because you heard after the fact? PG still could have gone to Lakers as a FA from OKC. No different than had he stayed in Indiana. He didn't. That's a fact. What a reporter said he "might have done" is not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah reporters were so sure he would be traded to the Lakers

You are kind of proving my point....could be wrong, but don't recall tweets of him going to OKC, yet there he went. Nor of Paul to Houston, Kyrie to Boston, Porzingis to Dallas.

And I live here and don't recall hearing about any of the Cavs' deadline deals until they were made.

Never mind your "proof" is the infamous "unnamed sources"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, did you see the Lakers offer?

Ball, Kuzma, RONDO, Beasley and pick?

Gtfoh

They clearly haven't learned their lesson.
https://deadspin.com/heres-an-under..._deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter

i just read it via this article on deadspin:

Here's An Underwhelming Anthony Davis Trade Offer From The Lakers That The Pelicans Probably Leaked

It would appear as though the Lakers are going through the motions of previously underwhelming trade offers that failed to land them Paul George or Kawhi Leonard. The front office is lowballing the franchises that their current superstar target is on in the hopes that a team somehow gets hypnotized into taking the offer on the belief that the Lakers will inevitably sign them in free agency. But this is Demps that Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka are dealing with, and such a plan is contingent on those two somehow outpacing the New Orleans GM in a race to the peak of incompetence (which they’re not).

Besides, when considering the language that the sources Woj and Shams cited used, and the language of the reports themselves, it’s very likely that Demps, or someone in the New Orleans camp, was the one to leak this information. It makes sense since the Pelicans have a lot to gain from the tactic. At best, the leak can inspire other teams to jump in with offers that are even mildly superior to what the Lakers are reported to have put on the table, which in turn would force Los Angeles to up its ante and give more than they had previously hoped to give. At worst, the public buys in to the reported “lowball” offer, the Pelicans then take a better offer that the Lakers had also suggested—which was the original plan anyways—and they can sell the idea that they successfully negotiated an impressive deal to the fanbase.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't expect them to bend over.

But, I did expect t the Lakers to go all in.

Wtf are they thinking...lol

Beasley and Rondo?

Really?

Could see if they were eating a bad contract for NOLA.

NAH
I mean

thats way less than the Mavs just gave up for Porzingis....think of that. And Porzingis is hurt! lol