• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold Prediction: Warriors going to go on a tear and win 10 straight.

Klay's gonna bust completely out of his slump and it'll be the main factor for this.
still talking about Curry for MVP? what happened to that?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still talking about Curry for MVP? what happened to that?

He's tailed off a bit, but I have him still firmly in first place for MVP. Just slightly ahead of Patrick McCaw.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAkers have a pretty easy 2 week stretch coming up, but after that it is about a month of absolutely brutal games.

Ill be interested to see where they stand on Feb 10th.....

OKC, NEW YORK, MINNE, DALLAS, DET, UTAH, CLE, CHI, --is a pretty easy 8 game streetch....

after that?

OKC, HOU, GSW, MINN, PHX, PHI, LAC, GSW, IND, BOS, PHILLY....that is a pretty brtual 11 game stretch.

be very very interesting to see where they are at come Feb 10th.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's tailed off a bit, but I have him still firmly in first place for MVP. Just slightly ahead of Patrick McCaw.
I saw McCaw being interviewed and he looked like he was a wimpy kid from the local YMCA.....he DID NOT look like a pro athlete....i can tell ya that.

this guy is fucking delusional. But- at least he will get PT here--- ESPECIALLY if/when they deal Hood/Burks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed that Game of Zones came back last week and am just now catching it. This episode is freaking hilarious. It's worth watching multiple times because there's a bunch of good details in the background and one liners. @ChiefsLakers67 , I gotta admit I thought of you while watching it, lol.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw McCaw being interviewed and he looked like he was a wimpy kid from the local YMCA.....he DID NOT look like a pro athlete....i can tell ya that.

this guy is fucking delusional. But- at least he will get PT here--- ESPECIALLY if/when they deal Hood/Burks.

What you really have to hope for is that McCaw has worked on his handle. His real value comes as a guy who's 6'7", who's capable of running point. He could be a Shaun Livingston type player, if he works properly on his game. Andre Iguodala's a much further out comparison, but he has upside on defense in that aspect. Also that 3 point shot needs work too.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold Prediction: Warriors going to go on a tear and win 10 straight.

Klay's gonna bust completely out of his slump and it'll be the main factor for this.
I was looking at the upcoming schedule, only a couple games in the next 10 should be any challenge. Winning 10 straight would be doable but not easy, and yes if Klay breaks out they can do so, that's the key to it

Any word on when we see Cousins play finally? They used to say Christmas day was the possible target

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was downright nasty tonight.

Kawhi could have done better.

-0 for 3 from downtown
-he only had 1 assist & 2 TO's
-no blocks or steals

But I'm just being overly critical for no reason. After all he's been my favorite NBAer for years now.

I was a UNLV ticket holder his freshman year @ SDSU. Saw his Aztecs 4 times that season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the upcoming schedule, only a couple games in the next 10 should be any challenge. Winning 10 straight would be doable but not easy, and yes if Klay breaks out they can do so, that's the key to it

Any word on when we see Cousins play finally? They used to say Christmas day was the possible target
i heard he was dragging his foot around .....

a torn Achilles is no joke to an NBA player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better chance Baker Mayfield wins MVP next year in the NFL than Curry does in the NBA.

did you see that? Broke the rookie reecord for TD's despite not starting until week 4?

while he was breaking the rookie record for TD's, LeBron was turning 34 and missing games with a bad hamstring.

I have told you guys before- and its hopefully becoming clear finally--- if you polled Cleveland fans and asked whod they rather have- it would be Baker in a LANDSLIDE.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No word, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine it'll happen sooner rather than later. He's been scrimmaging with the team and that means he's getting pretty close to returning.

Again, no word from any beat writers or anything, but if I had to guess I think his return date is probably 1/11 at home against the Bulls. Gives him an opportunity to get on the court in some low pressure situations just to get his feet wet. They go on a brief two game road trip against the Mavs and Nuggets, then return home to face, guess who....the Pelicans.

I think Cousins wants to play in that game for sure if he's able. If that's the time table, the Warriors will want him to get some work prior to that. I think that time-table fits at least from that perspective. But again it'll all depend on how he's actually doing in those scrimmages.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better chance Baker Mayfield wins MVP next year in the NFL than Curry does in the NBA.

did you see that? Broke the rookie reecord for TD's despite not starting until week 4?

while he was breaking the rookie record for TD's, LeBron was turning 34 and missing games with a bad hamstring.

I have told you guys before- and its hopefully becoming clear finally--- if you polled Cleveland fans and asked whod they rather have- it would be Baker in a LANDSLIDE.

Hindsight is 20/20. If Baker sucked ass, you'd be singing a different tune, but luckily for you guys he's been phenomenal.

Also if KD leaves the Warriors, Curry would be an amazing pick for an MVP at least betting wise. You have to factor that in with your statement. Curry would go nuts again next year and to be 100% real, I'm kind of digging that. I miss watching Curry on a nightly basis just consistently wow. He's all about the team now, which is great, but we see his greatness with less frequency.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i heard he was dragging his foot around .....

a torn Achilles is no joke to an NBA player.
What an empty post. If you think I didn't know about Achilles injuries, you're dumb, and if you knew I did and posted this anyway you are trying your usual lame troll moves on the wrong guy.

Rainbow coming in 3....2.....1.....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why haven't you said anything like this before?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine it'll happen sooner rather than later. He's been scrimmaging with the team and that means he's getting pretty close to returning.

Again, no word from any beat writers or anything, but if I had to guess I think his return date is probably 1/11 at home against the Bulls. Gives him an opportunity to get on the court in some low pressure situations just to get his feet wet. They go on a brief two game road trip against the Mavs and Nuggets, then return home to face, guess who....the Pelicans.

I think Cousins wants to play in that game for sure if he's able. If that's the time table, the Warriors will want him to get some work prior to that. I think that time-table fits at least from that perspective. But again it'll all depend on how he's actually doing in those scrimmages.
It is curious how little speculation about it that's out there. Like you said, no word from beat writers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry has 2 MVPs under his belt already and could be leading the pack right now if he wasn't injured.

To argue that Mayfield has a better change of winning the MVP is downright laughable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20. If Baker sucked ass, you'd be singing a different tune, but luckily for you guys he's been phenomenal.

Also if KD leaves the Warriors, Curry would be an amazing pick for an MVP at least betting wise. You have to factor that in with your statement. Curry would go nuts again next year and to be 100% real, I'm kind of digging that. I miss watching Curry on a nightly basis just consistently wow. He's all about the team now, which is great, but we see his greatness with less frequency.

Yeah if KD leaves it would just help Curry in the MVP race imo