• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ confirms what we all knew.

Nobody wanted to play in Cleveland.

"A lot of people didn't want to come to Cleveland, let me just throw that out there," James told Nichols. "I tried to recruit so many guys to come to Cleveland, and we actually had -- I had -- a couple guys and it just didn't work out. It wasn't hard getting guys in Miami, I'll tell you that," James said, reflecting on his success with guys like Mike Miller and Shane Battier when he played for the Heat. So now that I think being in L.A., I don't think it would be that hard to get guys here"

LeBron: My recruiting is vital to Lakers' success

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"A lot of people didn't want to come to Cleveland, let me just throw that out there," James told Nichols. "I tried to recruit so many guys to come to Cleveland, and we actually had -- I had -- a couple guys and it just didn't work out. It wasn't hard getting guys in Miami, I'll tell you that," James said, reflecting on his success with guys like Mike Miller and Shane Battier when he played for the Heat. So now that I think being in L.A., I don't think it would be that hard to get guys here"

Not possible.

Because Danny "deep pockets" Gilbert is the best owner in sports. Everybody wants to play for an owner like that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, wait , wait....
You mean players weren't banging down the doors to play for Dan "Deep Pockets" Gilbert and live in beautiful downtown Cuyahoga County?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't post anymore but I just wanted to say. ...

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals! !!!

Who wants to go to Ireland?

Have you ever been? You'd probably like it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm kinda pissed he wouldn't tell Rachel who those guys were that didn't work out. We need that dirt!

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should say Shaq didnt work out just to watch the hilarity on tnt

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy be like:

bf68e927-c805-4523-83a9-c28ba87062f4_text.gif
please PLEASE do not tell me you join these morons in their assertion that comparing stats from Duke, and Central Arkansas is worth a damn.

it would be worth a laugh

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your point is.

Because minus the rebounds, as a Freshman Barrett is posting a very similar stat line, at a significantly higher level of play to what Pippen did as Senior.

But way to ignore the fact that Barret already does a decent job of creating for teammates. Way better than Tatum.

Also, like Barrett, was never a very good shooter. He was a career .326 from 3 and just over 70% from the line.

In other words, my "horrible comparison" is way better than either of yours.
comparing Barrett- a driver, ball handler, and kick out player to Scottie Pippen is beyond stupid.

again- this is just another of the examples where your stupidity shines. 1988 vs. 2018. Barrett is your prototpyical swingman that is going to have the ball in his hands, break down a defense, finish at the rim or kick.

Its just beyond stupid --- Barrett is basically the prototype for the modern drive and kick game- a lengthy wing that is a face-the basket scorer

A totally ridiculous comparison- compunded by the fact that you have the audacity to compare stats from CENTRAL ARKANSAS in the fucking 80s and Duke. Just think of how ridiculous that is. I couldnt even imagine the state of Arkansas Intercollegiate Conference---- it had to be little more than the equalivent of D-3 basketball today--- comparing that to the modern ACC and to act like those stats mean ANYTHING is hilarious---- me or YOU could have walked on there.

I mean- besides the fact that they both were good at offense and defense- the comparison is fucking moronic--- you could say that about any 2 players and have a better comparison- LOL- for shits sake- Redd and Harden at least encompass his offensive game--- and George both offense and defense----- way better than Scottie Pippen.

again, your idiocy knows no bounds and you have no grasp on the modern NBA.

not 1988

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it is worth a good laugh

CENTRAL ARKANSAS STATE in the 80's....

Duke Basketball

you might as well be comparing high school football to the fucking Buckeyes. unreal.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green Jamal Crawford, Boozer, Kyrie
Boozer def. better than anyone the Heat have developed....no doubt about that.....DAnny Green really wasnt shit on the Cavs and i believe unless i am mistaken that Jamal Crawford was traded before ever playing for the Cavs

but I would say Varejao, Gibson, Delly, maybe Joe Harris....and depending on what the criteria Mo Williams and Delonte really hit their stride once coming to Cleveland.

i dont know what their criteria are though- if some nobody like Jones Jr. who is having a career year with 6.5 points a game and 17 minutes a game is considered a "diamond in the rough" than diamonds are about as common as Lonzo Ball bricked free throws.

plus usually most of the value that comes with those guys - low drafted or not drafted players- is the value of their contracts---- when 2 guys like Whiteside and Tyler Johnson are wildly overpayed to the tune of paying TJ and Whiteside a combined 88 million dollars between this year and next year- and the fact that if Riley could cut either one if it meant getting them off the payroll that he would do it in a SECOND- kind of mitigates their value wouldnt ya say? lol.

having Whiteside and TJohnson taking up 47M in payroll next year is just fucking AWFUL. lol think about that--- well over 40% of your cap space on Tyler Johnson and Hassan Whiteside. The Heat are just going to perpetually be one of those Eastern Conference 7-10 seed with how incompetently Riley has managed them over the last few years- which is the worst place to be in basketball

Next year they will draft some decent to solid player that like Bam--- while hopefully the Cavs get Reddish or something. Whole reason they had success is they had a star level talent- Wade- that they drafted in the lottery and surrounded with talent--- until they get that again they will just be some mediocre team that isnt bad enough to ever get good- and is choked out payroll wise

to already have 70M in payroll committed to not next YEAR but the YEAR after- for 5 players like Olnyk, Waiters, James Johnson, Winslow and J Rich is hilariously bad.

I suppose that is better than having John Wall on the books for a 4 year contract and 170M that only starts AFTER this year. lol.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait , wait....
You mean players weren't banging down the doors to play for Dan "Deep Pockets" Gilbert and live in beautiful downtown Cuyahoga County?

naw, I have it on good authority that this cannot POSSIBLY be true. I was told "deep Pockets" was a joy to work for, well loved, and would simply out-spend every owner in the NBA for the best players...

all that simply CANNOT be hogwash...

...can it...?:heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comparing Barrett- a driver, ball handler, and kick out player to Scottie Pippen is beyond stupid.

again- this is just another of the examples where your stupidity shines. 1988 vs. 2018. Barrett is your prototpyical swingman that is going to have the ball in his hands, break down a defense, finish at the rim or kick.

Its just beyond stupid --- Barrett is basically the prototype for the modern drive and kick game- a lengthy wing that is a face-the basket scorer

A totally ridiculous comparison- compunded by the fact that you have the audacity to compare stats from CENTRAL ARKANSAS in the fucking 80s and Duke. Just think of how ridiculous that is. I couldnt even imagine the state of Arkansas Intercollegiate Conference---- it had to be little more than the equalivent of D-3 basketball today--- comparing that to the modern ACC and to act like those stats mean ANYTHING is hilarious---- me or YOU could have walked on there.

I mean- besides the fact that they both were good at offense and defense- the comparison is fucking moronic--- you could say that about any 2 players and have a better comparison- LOL- for shits sake- Redd and Harden at least encompass his offensive game--- and George both offense and defense----- way better than Scottie Pippen.

again, your idiocy knows no bounds and you have no grasp on the modern NBA.

not 1988

Did you ever watch Scottie Pippen play?

I am thinking no.

Because he was a driver, a ball handler and a kick out player also.

I already said Barrett is more of a scorer.

Is it a perfect comp? Of course not. But Barrett is a hell of a lot more like Pippen than he is like Jayson Tatum.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But,

@WiggyRuss

I made a comparison off the top of my head and you have spent the last 3 pages with your typical wiggy antics instead of actually talking about the player. And your main point in the initial post was about Barrett's assists, which was clearly wrong. Every single comparison I have seen others make uses players who have entirely different skill sets and styles.

So sack up and make a bold prediction, or move on.

Because I am done defending my comp just because you have taken an immense beating by me over the past few days and want to invent a new, and less provable way to bash me.

There are a few bad posters here, but you are by far the biggest joke because of the way you conduct yourself.