• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. Heavy objects dropped repeatedly on your head might explain some things.

Who is decrepit?

I am 40 years old. Far past my prime. But I also keep in good shape. And I would absolutely destroy you on the basketball court.

I'd pay money to watch that obliteration...

but sadly, he's already admitted he only played baseball...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you have to say you have done something- it just shows a huge amount of insecurity.

Does that apply to saying how your fantasy team did something? :noidea:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see it, and you KNOW I'm a movie goer...

but this year Christmas has been more than a little wacky. Kids, grandkids, niece and great niece...

I'm not a balding man, but I might be by the time it's all said and done...
Lmfao

We went the day it came out.

Yeah, that's a lot of little people to deal with at one time.

The mule is worth a look too.

If you liked Gran Torino, you may like the Mule as well.

Clint is great at making people that are unlikable on the surface into antiheros....

Gran Torino, Million Dollar baby...etc

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. Heavy objects dropped repeatedly on your head might explain some things.

Who is decrepit?

I am 40 years old. Far past my prime. But I also keep in good shape. And I would absolutely destroy you on the basketball court.
You are giving him too much attention.

He used to play the " If you can't lose em, confuse em " strategy on me and @msgkings322 .

We simply let him know that Shit doesn't work on us...lol

I won't be distracted by shinny objects.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

We got a bit ahead of ourselves with 2017.

I see a repeat of that mistake in 2019.

Who is a good comp for Barrett in your opinion?

I'm not in love with him.

He is a sg/sf who shoots 60% from the line.

Kris Middleton, minus any defense?

Honestly, around this time of year we are all guilty of this. Seeing the college kids play early season games for the first time before some of their flaws are revealed against conference opponents with better scouting reports.

No doubt the 2019 kids are being overhyped a bit. I bet 2020 and 2021 will be the same. At least when we discuss them in December.

I hear Barrett being compared to Harden, which I think is an awful comparison. He is super athletic, where Harden's game is built around supreme skill and strength. Neither are Barrett's best attributes.

Best Comp I can come up with right now is like a poor man's Scottie Pippen type. I think that is what he can develop into anyway. He is probably more of a scorer and obviously less of a defender, but I think he has the skills to do a little bit of everything and be a terrific 2 way player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you play have 17 playoff games

and in 10 of them- you play less than 10 minutes are you in the rotaiton?

cmon, common sense here

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you play have 17 playoff games

and in 10 of them- you play less than 10 minutes are you in the rotaiton?

cmon, common sense here

When some wag invented the " tl;dr " snark they were referring specifically to ol' Wiggy

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, around this time of year we are all guilty of this. Seeing the college kids play early season games for the first time before some of their flaws are revealed against conference opponents with better scouting reports.

No doubt the 2019 kids are being overhyped a bit. I bet 2020 and 2021 will be the same. At least when we discuss them in December.

I hear Barrett being compared to Harden, which I think is an awful comparison. He is super athletic, where Harden's game is built around supreme skill and strength. Neither are Barrett's best attributes.

Best Comp I can come up with right now is like a poor man's Scottie Pippen type. I think that is what he can develop into anyway. He is probably more of a scorer and obviously less of a defender, but I think he has the skills to do a little bit of everything and be a terrific 2 way player.
Okay, maybe I will settle on Paul George as his ceiling.

I have seen Harden and Michael Redd and I'm like, huh?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i guess your ideas are just the decrepit ones. lol

to think a point guard averaging 39/30/47 would start on half the teams in the league, lol it is great for a good laugh

furthermore- its really a joke the McCaw thing--- one thing i even forgot--- the FIRST game of the Blazers series- McCaw played ZERO minutes? ya know why? Because Curry was healthy!!!

after that- 34, 29, 19 for the 3 games Curry missed

When Curry came back?

In the 4 games against Utah?--- 3, 2, 0, 4 minutes, LOL

In the 4 games against San Antonio- ZERO in game one that was 113-11

in Game two- that the Warriors won 136-100- he got 27 minnutes GARBAGE Time

Game 3 11 minutes, game 4 17 minutes

against the Cavs?

3, 7, 4, 8, 12 minutes

its okay man- you were wrong- just deal with it. Take out the 3 games that McCaw only played because Curry was OUT--- and what are you left with?

SEVEN- SEVEN minutes a fucking game when you take out the games that he onnly played in because Curry was injured. :lol:

and of course the ONLY game he got over 20 minutes in outside of Currys injury was in a huge one sided blowout.

Dude- you were so wrong its not even....lol......

just remember

not 1988

2018!!!:dhd:

Why are you talking about the NBA Finals?

I said I thought McCaw should have played in a regular season game, and that he had a chance to be in their regular season rotation. Guess what? He was. He even played in some big playoff games too as a bonus.

End of discussion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right?

Like did they just pick 2 random good players who were also left handed? Because aside from that and the fact they are all good players, they have nothing in common.

That is the same as comparing Luka to Larry Bird because he is white.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF

Scottie Pippen?

the guy that averaged 5 assists per game for his career?

are you on crack?

Scottie Pippen is an AWFUL comp- Barrett is a ball handler and scorer primarily

Barret is going to be playing on the perimeter and breaking down defenses with the ball in his hands.

Honestly that is one of the worst comps i have ever heard- it makes no sense. Barret will be a scorer first and a playmaker and play on the perimeter---- that comp is totally out of left field and just makes no logical sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but Pippen?

pippen makes less sense than those guys. George and Redd at least are perimeter guys that break down a defense. While Redd didnt play any D George sure does.

I actually think he has some Tatum in him---- maybe a little more ball handling ability than Tatum but thus far that iso ne of the best comps i have seen.

i mean- the guy is honestly stuck in an NBA that was 20-30 years ago. wtf......its ridiculous.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

Wtf is up with Jon Jones?

Why the fuck does the UFC keep putting all their eggs in this guy's tainted basket?

I know it's not a new positive.

I know they make their money on ppv, and not at the gates.

But, Damn....you upset the apple cart for one guy?

Last edited:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this last draft was just absolutely ridiculous.

If it was re-done today?

I think JJJ goes #2

Doncic of course #1- but JJJ #2. He is going to be so good.

Tom Izzo should have been thrown in jail for the hatchet job he did managing Jacksons minutes last year

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw- was just excited about winning 450 bucks

any comments about baker? nothing?

Didn't you just say doing that kind of thing made one insecure? Oh wait, yes you did, I just quoted you saying it. Why do you do this to yourself?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF

Scottie Pippen?

the guy that averaged 5 assists per game for his career?

are you on crack?

Scottie Pippen is an AWFUL comp- Barrett is a ball handler and scorer primarily

Barret is going to be playing on the perimeter and breaking down defenses with the ball in his hands.

Honestly that is one of the worst comps i have ever heard- it makes no sense. Barret will be a scorer first and a playmaker and play on the perimeter---- that comp is totally out of left field and just makes no logical sense.

Here we go again.

Read my fucking post moron.

I said he is more of a scorer and less of a defender. And Pippen is a hell of a lot better than a harden comp which not I have heard a bunch. Harden averages almost 10 assists a game.

There are a lot of scorers who average close to 5 assists a game. DeRozan, Giannis and KD are over 6. Beal and Blake Griffin are close to 5.

There are many primary scorers who also get strong assists because they have the ball and are asked to create for their teams. Barrett will be that guy if he gets anywhere near his potential.

Not to mention, Barrett is averaging 3.8 assists per game game Duke.

So, care to make another famous Wiggy claim?

What will you do if Barrett ever averages 5 assists a game in the NBA?

You already live on Mars with 1 testicle, what could go wrong?