• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat @Heatles84 Miami next 6 games

VS Toronto
VS Cleveland
VS Minny
AT Cleveland
VS Washington
AT Atlanta

If they keep on playing the way they have most of this month then I don't see any reason why they can't go 4-2 in those games which will leave them at 20-18.

I think we lose to Toronto (obviously) and Atlanta (because of course).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least you got to see what a REAL All-Star level young PF looked like tonight. Jaren Jackson Jr. is head and shoulders more talented than Kuzma. Kuzma is very very good- JJJ is and can be GREAT. JJJ is 19 years old.

Lonzo Ball last year from 3: 30.5 %

Lonzo Ball this year from 3, with LeBron James providing spacing: 30.9% from 3

Lonzo Ball from the free throw line in his NBA career an Andre-Drummond-like 47%

@tlance how in the hell can you justify playing a guard that shoots 47% from the free throw line and less than 31% from 3 and under 40% from the field as a "starter" on half the teams in the league? for the love of everything that is holy- please give us a mea culpa on that one--- PLEASE. A guard shooting 47% from the free throw line- have we even seen Hack-a-Shaq on a guard? Is he playable in a 4th quarter in a close game?

Brandon Ingram from 3- last year: 39% (albeit in limited attempts 1.8 a game)

Brandon Ingram from 3 this year with LeBron James providing spacing and in his 3rd year: 30.8% (albeit in limited attempts- 1.8 a game)

I thought you were just going to do you? You don't want to start with me again.

There is no doubt Lonzo needs to improve his shooting to get anywhere close to his potential. But, as you constantly neglect, he does a lot of other things that matter in team basketball.

Yet, you think my claim that Lonzo would start on half the teams in the NBA is a bad call? There are about 10 bad teams out there who would start him because he is young and has potential. Also a few more where he plugs a hole. And it is better for a rebuilder to give minutes to Lonzo Ball than to a guy like Alec Burks.

The fact that you don't admit you are wrong on that is hysterical. Because you are.

And if you would wake up for a second and get over your extreme bias, you would actually realize that a 2nd year player who was a number 2 pick last season and is only good enough to start on half the teams in the league is closer to being a bust than a hit. At least at this point.

But you won't do that because you would rather push your own agenda than engage in objective discussion.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we lose to Toronto (obviously) and Atlanta (because of course).

I think we're going to fuck Atlanta up just like we did to Orlando last night after losing the first 2 games of the season series

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 165,527.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a very good team

if Roberson can get back and be healthy the defense goes from great to something that can be absolutely suffocating- whats the story on him? Is it possible he is back and healthy at some point?

He had a set back and it’s not known if he will be back or not this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to fuck Atlanta up just like we did to Orlando last night after losing the first 2 games of the season series

Cleveland is no slouch, but it's like a hit or miss for them. They can play with a lot of teams but they usually run out of gas. It seems like 9 out of 10 games they are up or tied in the 1st half or even in the 3rd it is neck and neck and they end up losing. I know it's a young team but damn.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least you got to see what a REAL All-Star level young PF looked like tonight. Jaren Jackson Jr. is head and shoulders more talented than Kuzma. Kuzma is very very good- JJJ is and can be GREAT. JJJ is 19 years old.

Lonzo Ball last year from 3: 30.5 %

Lonzo Ball this year from 3, with LeBron James providing spacing: 30.9% from 3

Lonzo Ball from the free throw line in his NBA career an Andre-Drummond-like 47%

@tlance how in the hell can you justify playing a guard that shoots 47% from the free throw line and less than 31% from 3 and under 40% from the field as a "starter" on half the teams in the league? for the love of everything that is holy- please give us a mea culpa on that one--- PLEASE. A guard shooting 47% from the free throw line- have we even seen Hack-a-Shaq on a guard? Is he playable in a 4th quarter in a close game?

Brandon Ingram from 3- last year: 39% (albeit in limited attempts 1.8 a game)

Brandon Ingram from 3 this year with LeBron James providing spacing and in his 3rd year: 30.8% (albeit in limited attempts- 1.8 a game)
You gotta a lotta brass asking someone for a mea culpa. You first. Got a lot of things to choose from, pick one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no doubt Lonzo needs to improve his shooting to get anywhere close to his potential. But, as you constantly neglect, he does a lot of other things that matter in team basketball.

Yet, you think my claim that Lonzo would start on half the teams in the NBA is a bad call? There are about 10 bad teams out there who would start him because he is young and has potential. Also a few more where he plugs a hole. And it is better for a rebuilder to give minutes to Lonzo Ball than to a guy like Alec Burks.

The fact that you don't admit you are wrong on that is hysterical. Because you are.

And if you would wake up for a second and get over your extreme bias, you would actually realize that a 2nd year player who was a number 2 pick last season and is only good enough to start on half the teams in the league is closer to being a bust than a hit. At least at this point.

But you won't do that because you would rather push your own agenda than engage in objective discussion.
please never say on this website how much you "value shooting" ...lol....about as much as Donald Trump values honesty.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is no slouch, but it's like a hit or miss for them. They can play with a lot of teams but they usually run out of gas. It seems like 9 out of 10 games they are up or tied in the 1st half or even in the 3rd it is neck and neck and they end up losing. I know it's a young team but damn.
at this point, with Love and Thompson and Hood out- its really pretty rough at times.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's life with a young team. The Lakers went through that. They were horrible for a few years, then last year, they were competitive in almost all of their games, but couldn't close them out.

This year, because they still have a young core, they still struggle at the end of games at times, but having Lebron helps to win more of those and teaches the youngsters how to win them as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please never say on this website how much you "value shooting" ...lol....about as much as Donald Trump values honesty.

Do you even know who you are talking to? Apparently not. It is hilarious. If you knew anything about me you wouldn't say that I don't "value shooting".

There is more to basketball though. A team full of 1 dimensional shooters with nobody to create would be an abomination. Lonzo can't shoot at all, but he does everything else pretty well. So he has a place in the league.

Ultimately whether he becomes more than a role player will depend on how efficiently he can score to keep the defense honest. But for now, there are plenty of teams that would love to have him on their team. You implying otherwise is ridiculous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's life with a young team. The Lakers went through that. They were horrible for a few years, then last year, they were competitive in almost all of their games, but couldn't close them out.

This year, because they still have a young core, they still struggle at the end of games at times, but having Lebron helps to win more of those and teaches the youngsters how to win them as well.

True and not having their best player, their only 2 reliable big men isn't helping either. Hope they get a top 3 pick though :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a very good team

if Roberson can get back and be healthy the defense goes from great to something that can be absolutely suffocating- whats the story on him? Is it possible he is back and healthy at some point?

But Roberson can't shoot.

So why aren't you ignoring the other things that he brings to the table?

Because he isn't Lonzo and you don't have an agenda to smear him.

Ironically, I think it is MUCH harder to be a successful wing in the NBA when you can't shoot than it isn't to be a successful PG.

If you think Roberson is an impact player in the NBA, then don't tell me you value shooting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta a lotta brass asking someone for a mea culpa. You first. Got a lot of things to choose from, pick one.
i never asked you for a mea culpa- not that i would have anything stopping me from it--- you just posted about Baker a few weeks ago when he had that shitty half against the Texans

dude is 2 TD's away from the rookie record right now despite Tyrod Taylor starting 3 games and getting all the first team reps in training camp- mostly because Hue is a moron.

When Baker came in after a disastrous first half against the Jets, the Browns were 0-1-1. Baker led them to victory in the second half of that game.

The Browns now have 7 wins somehow- after having 0 last year.

Baker is the real deal QB wise- but more importantly- he had the type of attitude and leadership and charisma to lead a team out of the awfullness that the Browns had. As good and as clean a prospect as Sam Darnold is (and he will be good) he just was not the man for the job. The Browns NEEDED someone as talented as Baker, but also with Baker's leadership to get them out from under their just plain hopelessness.

Thats why Baker is already a very very good QB even in his rookie year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why don't the Cavs ever come up with any?
Mathew Dellavadova ring a bell? by your definition- if McGruder is Delly that fucking diamond in titanic the old lady drops in the ocean. lol

How many did the Heat develop when they were making NBA Finals and winning?

Like I said- its hard to develop "diamonds in the rough" when you have sky high expectations and a ton of diamonds getting the ball.

Its FAR easier to find "diamonds in the rough" when you dont have any diamonds and have to play a bunch of mediocre guys and have open minutes. The Cavs drafted a guy- Joe Harris- who has turned into a good player- but when you are trying to win championships- you play Kyle Korver---- id love to have Harris back right now but thats just how the cookie crumbles- and at some point they get paid --- hopefully not like Tyler Johnson who is taking up something like 18% of your cap space.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it is NOT better for a rebuilder to give the ball to Lonzo Ball than Burks when you are trying to DEVELOP A FUCKING POINT GUARD. lol

I mean- do you realize that your whole offense would be dog shit- and not even basically be playing an NBA level game with a Sexton Ball back court combo?

I watched the Browns for al ot of years- and on some Sundays you would say--- this doesnt even look like NFL football- this is just awful

thats what it would look like having 2 guys- a 19 year old SExton with a semi-broken shot- and a lonzo ball with a very broken shot in a back court- it would be a disaster and make it more difficult on the entire team and stunt the growth of BOTH players- mainly the guy that you are ACTUALLY trying to develop to be the point guard on a team that you want to compete 2-3 years down the line.

The Cavs didnt draft Sexton to make him an off the ball guard- they drafted him to develop him to be a floor general so 2-3-4 years down the road he can be the leader of the team- mathcing him with ball would fuck his growth. use your brain.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

See here is your problem.

I never once said Ball and Sexton would be a good fit. Or that Cleveland should try to trade for Ball. I never said it.

All I did was say that Ball would start for half the teams in the league with Cleveland being one.

So while this is entirely unrealistic, if the Lakers called the Cavs today and said:

"Hey, we are done with Lonzo. YOu can have him for a second round pick".

Cleveland would insta accept and Ball would be in their starting lineup the very next game. Because he has value. And the Cavs would play him along side Sexton for 2 reasons:

1) maybe, just maybe (doubtful) they could make it work
2) in the more likely case that is doesn't, they would feature Ball to prop up his trade value and flip him.
3) if it works as poorly as you think it would, then the Cavs would get a better draft pick.

Either way, he would start and play 32+ minutes.

And nothing in your post is at all relevant to what my claim about Ball starting.

But hey, if you would rather bench LOnzo in favor of Alec Burks so you can win 24 games instead of 20 and then let him walk away with further deflated trade value, then be my guest!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

See here is your problem.

I never once said Ball and Sexton would be a good fit. Or that Cleveland should try to trade for Ball. I never said it.

All I did was say that Ball would start for half the teams in the league with Cleveland being one.

So while this is entirely unrealistic, if the Lakers called the Cavs today and said:

"Hey, we are done with Lonzo. YOu can have him for a second round pick".

Cleveland would insta accept and Ball would be in their starting lineup the very next game. Because he has value. And the Cavs would play him along side Sexton for 2 reasons:

1) maybe, just maybe (doubtful) they could make it work
2) in the more likely case that is doesn't, they would feature Ball to prop up his trade value and flip him.
3) if it works as poorly as you think it would, then the Cavs would get a better draft pick.

Either way, he would start and play 32+ minutes.

And nothing in your post is at all relevant to what my claim about Ball starting.

But hey, if you would rather bench LOnzo in favor of Alec Burks so you can win 24 games instead of 20 and then let him walk away with further deflated trade value, then be my guest!
I said that Ball would start for like 5 teams in the league---- then you tried to make it about pushing guys from their positions, move this guy to shooting guard- do this- its just a waterfall of bullshit.

How many guys would Ball start for? Hes not pushing DSJ, SGA, Sexton, Holliday, Kemba out of their point guard positions- its a fucking ridiculous and stupid argument concocted because you tried had to try and backup your INCREDIBLY dumb statement that Ball would start for half the teams in the league- when that is just pure fantasy. GMAFB. lol

Ball would not come CLOSE to starting for those teams---

its 2018 (well for al ittle longer)

not 1988...get with the times ya old fart.