• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lonzo ever hits his potential than I will own up but from the start I said he was trash and he is trash. It's more than he was overhyped, his transition has been the easiest. I'm not sure what happened to his shooting/FT %....a real head scratcher honestly. His shooting stroke worked for him at UCLA.

41% from the college 3 line
67% from FT line (isn't good but look at it now)

1.4 FTA's last season and 0.9 FTA's this season.....

LOL.

If he were making 40-45% of his 3's on that many attempts per game? You and Wiggy would be citing look at how many attempts.....LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again- you live in the 80's

you have zero grasp on the modern game and it shows in everyone of your posts.

you are an old fart that thinks coaching children gives you insight into the NBA- and its hilarious.

So I take that as a no?

I guess I will have to continue making you look stupid then.

Pretty easy to do, really.

Tell me, how is Javale McGee doing? I haven't been paying attention.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.4 FTA's last season and 0.9 FTA's this season.....

LOL.

If he were making 40-45% of his 3's on that many attempts per game? You and Wiggy would be citing look at how many attempts.....LOL.

It still doesn't explain his struggles. You could say he can never get in a rhythm at the FT line, but that is honestly a bad excuse. These guys practice their game all day, everyday. He goes from shooting 5.4 3's a game at 41% clip to being at 30%. Shooting almost 3.0 FT's a game at 67% to under 50%. The problem starts with his inconsistency not only shooting but his aggressiveness, it's like night and day. One game he will be aggressive, pretty aggressive then the next game very passive. He is young, yes but I wouldn't say he was aggressive at UCLA either. The 9.5 FGA shos and the limited time at the FT line shows it. That's why I don't think his potential is as high as you guys, you gotta be a scorer in this league to be a huge difference maker. It is rare to be a huge difference maker--like Rondo in his Boston days---in today's NBA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It still doesn't explain his struggles. You could say he can never get in a rhythm at the FT line, but that is honestly a bad excuse. These guys practice their game all day, everyday. He goes from shooting 5.4 3's a game at 41% clip to being at 30%. Shooting almost 3.0 FT's a game at 67% to under 50%. The problem starts with his inconsistency not only shooting but his aggressiveness, it's like night and day. One game he will be aggressive, pretty aggressive then the next game very passive. He is young, yes but I wouldn't say he was aggressive at UCLA either. The 9.5 FGA shos and the limited time at the FT line shows it. That's why I don't think his potential is as high as you guys, you gotta be a scorer in this league to be a huge difference maker. It is rare to be a huge difference maker--like Rondo in his Boston days---in today's NBA.

Ball can make a difference without scoring. Passing, rebounding, and defense.

If guys like Sexton aren't scoring, they aren't doing shit for your team....

#Facts

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take that as a no?

I guess I will have to continue making you look stupid then.

Pretty easy to do, really.

Tell me, how is Javale McGee doing? I haven't been paying attention.

Good, that's why he turned several bets.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you to a point.

There is no excuse for a career FT% under 50 unless the sample size is like 4.

I also don't think Lonzo is going to be anything "special" for the reasons you mentioned. You need to be a scoring threat to be a great player. That is fact. And Ball is not a scoring threat.

I do think he will be a high quality role player in the right situation, probably ideally suited to be a 4th or 5th starter on an athletic team with plenty of shooting and perimeter scoring threats. But he can absolutely be that player on a good team.

And if he figures out how to score more consistently and efficiently, he can be significantly better than that. Which is why plenty of teams will be interested if/when the Lakers make him available.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you to a point.

There is no excuse for a career FT% under 50 unless the sample size is like 4.

I also don't think Lonzo is going to be anything "special" for the reasons you mentioned. You need to be a scoring threat to be a great player. That is fact. And Ball is not a scoring threat.

I do think he will be a high quality role player in the right situation, probably ideally suited to be a 4th or 5th starter on an athletic team with plenty of shooting and perimeter scoring threats. But he can absolutely be that player on a good team.

And if he figures out how to score more consistently and efficiently, he can be significantly better than that. Which is why plenty of teams will be interested if/when the Lakers make him available.

I am not doubting he can be a role player either and a somewhat productive one for the right team but the Lakers and some of their fans act like this 2nd overall pick will be great---it's why they drafted him 2nd overall. If they put them over players like Ingram and Kuzma who can actually score the ball, that says a lot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball can make a difference without scoring. Passing, rebounding, and defense.

If guys like Sexton aren't scoring, they aren't doing shit for your team....

#Facts

But in today's NBA to be a great player, like the Lakers projected him to be and took him #2, you have to score the ball. He will be nothing but a productive role player.

When Sexton isn't scoring? Well Sexton has a motor and he might not be the best defender but he hustles. He is averaging 15.0 ppg as a rookie so there aren't too many nights he is just not going to score. Also, only on 2.0 3 pt attempts he is shooting 40% from 3.

I would much rather have PG who can score and shoot right now and how to be more of a true PG then a guy who can't shoot, sometimes looks lost out on the court but he can do the same things a productive bench player can do. Sexton has shown flashes of being a star. Ball, not so much even in his second year.

#Ballisa6thman

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I will make you a promise

As long as you continue to overreact emotionally and resort to name calling,

I will continue to eviscerate you on a daily basis.

But, if you can get past your feelings and actually have a rational discussion, then I will be 100% cordial to you.

Y'know coach, I don't think he likes you very much...

that's just my expert opinion, though... :D

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is like Rondo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know coach, I don't think he likes you very much...

that's just my expert opinion, though... :D

If you agree w/ him things are cool though right?

And this stuff w/ LeBron supposedly tampering or what the hell ever about the Unibrow. He'd be making a mistake going to LA-LA Land. Name 1 good center the Lakers have ever had.:heh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you agree w/ him things are cool though right?

And this stuff w/ LeBron supposedly tampering or what the hell ever about the Unibrow. He'd be making a mistake going to LA-LA Land. Name 1 good center the Lakers have ever had.:heh:

Depends.

It doesn't matter what I post, he will find a way to disagree.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is there something in the gatorade for the Lakers that makes them constantly tamper with other team's players?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in today's NBA to be a great player, like the Lakers projected him to be and took him #2, you have to score the ball. He will be nothing but a productive role player.

When Sexton isn't scoring? Well Sexton has a motor and he might not be the best defender but he hustles. He is averaging 15.0 ppg as a rookie so there aren't too many nights he is just not going to score. Also, only on 2.0 3 pt attempts he is shooting 40% from 3.

I would much rather have PG who can score and shoot right now and how to be more of a true PG then a guy who can't shoot, sometimes looks lost out on the court but he can do the same things a productive bench player can do. Sexton has shown flashes of being a star. Ball, not so much even in his second year.

#Ballisa6thman

Nance leads the Cavs in apg!!!!!!!!!!! 3.2 per game. That's great, right?

Sexton is averaging 2.5apg and 2.3 TO's.....That's a horrible ratio.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but a SG. Doncic is a pure PG.
No, he's not.

He averages 5 dimes while taking 14 shots per game.

He's a uber version of Nic Batum.

He also plays sg.

Nash, Jason Kidd.....Cp3 at times, pure pg.

Doncic isn't that.

But, what he is...is special.