• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I am going to post this, and hopefully it will put to bed a lot of the BS you attribute to me.

You claim I am living in the past and overvaluing "true PGs", which is not close to being true by the way. I have said players like Kyrie and Kemba aren't true PGs. That isn't a knock though. It also is not an indicator that I am "living in the past" like you want it to be.

Because if you have ever read any of my posts and given them an ounce of thought, you would know that I am probably the biggest proponent here of positionless basketball. My views on guys like Lonzo and Kyrie are not founded in archaic ways of thinking. Quite the opposite actually.

Because unlike you, I don't believe any single "position" has to have a specific skill set. What you need is a team dynamic that works. And there are many ways to get there in 2018. You need versatile defenders who can guard multiple positions and can defend in space. You need multiple playmakers who can create shots for teammates. You need at least 3 3 point threats on the floor at all times.

But none of those jobs have to come from specifc places. Nikola Jokic is tied for 9th in the NBA in assists, freeing up "PG" Jamal Murray to do what he does best. Score.

So whether or not Lonzo Ball is a top 20, or even top 25 PG, despite the fact that he can't shoot, he would still start for a lot of teams because he is a versatile defender, a good facilitator and he doesn't have to be the best PG on a team to start. Because more and more teams play multiple "PGs" on the court together.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

Canadians aren't the same. Because we see those guys compete against our top American prospects. Hell, the team I coached played Wiggins when he was in 8th grade.

Not nearly the same intrigue as with a European player we don't get to see on TV once a week.

The only player that was non-European with the same or more hype as Doncic, or other European player that was named was probably Yao Ming. And honestly, he lived up to the hype. I mean a 7'7" giant that can shoot and dominate the paint....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

But, like @tlance said, it was a different age for Euro guys.

Not as much buzz. So, they weren't drafted early.

Dude was a menace from behind the arc.

People need to rewatch him vs. the dream team.

He couldn't best him.

But, he didn't crumble.

The kid had zero fucks to give....lol

Amazing shooter and offensively gifted...would be perfect in today's game for that fact and it is harder to play defense now and he was pretty awful at playing D I will say lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo is so scared to miss that he's really passive at times.

To me, that is the most frustrating thing about him. He'll sometimes come out aggressive, hit shots and do well.

Then he'll come out aggressive the next game, shots aren't falling, so he stops shooting altogether and then won't come out aggressive for the next 2-4 games.

He always helps because he plays defense, gets rebounds and assists. But he plays like he thinks he's going to be pulled from the game if he misses a shot, even though all of his teammates (especially Lebron), coaches, etc. keep telling him to be more aggressive.

He may never become a great or even particularly good shooter. But he's not even going to become an adequate scoring threat if he doesn't shoot damn ball.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, he goes off the rails and let's personal Shit infect his argument and that's when his debate goes tits up.

It's also why he ends up being wrong far more often than he probably should be. He simply can't take anyone disagreeing with him. So, when they do, he starts with the name calling, personal attacks, moving goalposts, taking quotes out of context, etc., etc.

Seems exhausting. But apparently not for him.

Seems like, to him, whoever yells the loudest and/or makes the longest, most repetitive posts wins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I am going to post this, and hopefully it will put to bed a lot of the BS you attribute to me.

You claim I am living in the past and overvaluing "true PGs", which is not close to being true by the way. I have said players like Kyrie and Kemba aren't true PGs. That isn't a knock though. It also is not an indicator that I am "living in the past" like you want it to be.

Because if you have ever read any of my posts and given them an ounce of thought, you would know that I am probably the biggest proponent here of positionless basketball. My views on guys like Lonzo and Kyrie are not founded in archaic ways of thinking. Quite the opposite actually.

Because unlike you, I don't believe any single "position" has to have a specific skill set. What you need is a team dynamic that works. And there are many ways to get there in 2018. You need versatile defenders who can guard multiple positions and can defend in space. You need multiple playmakers who can create shots for teammates. You need at least 3 3 point threats on the floor at all times.

But none of those jobs have to come from specifc places. Nikola Jokic is tied for 9th in the NBA in assists, freeing up "PG" Jamal Murray to do what he does best. Score.

So whether or not Lonzo Ball is a top 20, or even top 25 PG, despite the fact that he can't shoot, he would still start for a lot of teams because he is a versatile defender, a good facilitator and he doesn't have to be the best PG on a team to start. Because more and more teams play multiple "PGs" on the court together.
dude you made the argument that Ball would start on half the teams in the leauge when he wasnt even starting on the Lakers

making that argument makes you look like an ass-clown.

the guy is shooting fucking 39% and looks like he had his balls chopped off.

get real - its 2018, not 1988. Playing point guards that cant shoot has a domino effect on the whole team that you fail to comprehend.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- to even suggest he should be playing ina back court with guys like Sexton, SGA, DSJ is so incredibly stupid and short sighted and fails to taken into account so many things its mind bogglingly stupid.

lets make sure the back court has 2 shaky shooters- and stunt the point guard develop of the guys that you drafted in hope that they would become the next kembas and lillards and such. It just blows my mind--- but thats what happens when someone is stuck in the past, and somehow thinks coaching children gives him some perspective into the NBA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude you made the argument that Ball would start on half the teams in the leauge when he wasnt even starting on the Lakers

making that argument makes you look like an ass-clown.

the guy is shooting fucking 39% and looks like he had his balls chopped off.

get real - its 2018, not 1988. Playing point guards that cant shoot has a domino effect on the whole team that you fail to comprehend.

What?

Ball has started 29 of 31 games. He is starting for the Lakers.

I don't fail to comprehend anything. Yet, you continue to call names and pigeonhole players, which, ironically is an archaic way of thinking. I always advocate finding ways to get the best 5 players on the court playing together if fit allows it.

Ball has enough skills to make up for his deficits if he is on the right team. Playing alongside LeBron on the Lakers isn't it. Yet, the LAkers continue to start him anyway because they see his obvious talents.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- to even suggest he should be playing ina back court with guys like Sexton, SGA, DSJ is so incredibly stupid and short sighted and fails to taken into account so many things its mind bogglingly stupid.

lets make sure the back court has 2 shaky shooters- and stunt the point guard develop of the guys that you drafted in hope that they would become the next kembas and lillards and such. It just blows my mind--- but thats what happens when someone is stuck in the past, and somehow thinks coaching children gives him some perspective into the NBA.

Here you go again.

Did I say he SHOULD be starting alongside Sexton or DSJ?

Nope. I said he would be. I never said it was the ideal fit.

But again, you overreacted to my comment that he would start for half the teams so I listed the teams I thought he would start for.

Play #1= Taking quotes out of context
Play #2 name calling
Play #3 making stuff up

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

BOOM.

*Watches as tlance drops the mic and walks off the stage*

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I will make you a promise

As long as you continue to overreact emotionally and resort to name calling,

I will continue to eviscerate you on a daily basis.

But, if you can get past your feelings and actually have a rational discussion, then I will be 100% cordial to you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok on these AD rumors. We all most likely know he is going to leave when he can, in less than 2 years. He will get tired of losing in the 1st round. So, I think you get the most value you RIGHT NOW. I think they need to go ahead and take offers for him right now. The best options look to be #1 Boston, #2 LA #3 ???
It looks like Boston can't take on his contract until this offseason, if I am correct, I think LA needs to go ahead and put up a huge offer. There isn't anyone they can get in FA better, equal or even close to AD other than KD or Kawhi and both look like they don't want anything to do with Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go again.

Did I say he SHOULD be starting alongside Sexton or DSJ?

Nope. I said he would be. I never said it was the ideal fit.

But again, you overreacted to my comment that he would start for half the teams so I listed the teams I thought he would start for.

Play #1= Taking quotes out of context
Play #2 name calling
Play #3 making stuff up
you are delusional if you think Ball would start for half the teams in the league- its a simple fact.

no amount of machinations and guys switching positions and other bullshit covers up that fact.

You still have no fucking clue. Imagine Colin Sexton driving to the hoop- and kicking it out- to fucking Lonzo Ball.

"well if this guy starts and this guy blah blah blah"-=--- no you moron- taking the ball out of Kemba walker's hands - taking the decision making out of his hands and putting it in Lonzo Balls hands is PURE FUCKING IDIOCY.

stunting the growth of guys drafted to be point guards- by taking the ball out of their hands and putting it into Lonzo Balls hands is PURE IDIOCY- the Mavs, Clippers nad Cavs would LAUGH at you. As i said- i couldnt imagine a worse fit than Lonzo Ball next to Sexotn -its idiocy- same with DSJ and SGA.

You TOTALLY over value Ball and TOTALLY fail to see how a guard that cant shoot restricts a team and causes a domino effect that runs through the whole offense.

There is a REASON in todays NBA that Lillard is a POINT GUARD- that KYRIE IS A POINT GUARD- that RW is A POINT GUARD- its a drive and kick league--- and when you cant drive and finish like Ball cant- and when you cant spot up and shoot - like Ball cant- you are kinda fucked. Thats when you BETTER have a LeBron James to bail you out- or a PF that can shoot like Kuzma to bail you out

because as soon as you decide to give a guard that cant shoot big minutes it has a domino effect on the rest of the team and this si something that you are apparently blind and ignorant to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok on these AD rumors. We all most likely know he is going to leave when he can, in less than 2 years. He will get tired of losing in the 1st round. So, I think you get the most value you RIGHT NOW. I think they need to go ahead and take offers for him right now. The best options look to be #1 Boston, #2 LA #3 ???
It looks like Boston can't take on his contract until this offseason, if I am correct, I think LA needs to go ahead and put up a huge offer. There isn't anyone they can get in FA better, equal or even close to AD other than KD or Kawhi and both look like they don't want anything to do with Lebron.
they wont move him until, at the very least- thy offer him the max and he turns it down

it would be a public relations nightmare to do it any other way

they can only explore trade offers after he has declined to sign the super max- if he declines to sign the super max.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

I will make you a promise

As long as you continue to overreact emotionally and resort to name calling,

I will continue to eviscerate you on a daily basis.

But, if you can get past your feelings and actually have a rational discussion, then I will be 100% cordial to you.
again- you live in the 80's

you have zero grasp on the modern game and it shows in everyone of your posts.

you are an old fart that thinks coaching children gives you insight into the NBA- and its hilarious.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are delusional if you think Ball would start for half the teams in the league- its a simple fact.

no amount of machinations and guys switching positions and other bullshit covers up that fact.

You still have no fucking clue. Imagine Colin Sexton driving to the hoop- and kicking it out- to fucking Lonzo Ball.

"well if this guy starts and this guy blah blah blah"-=--- no you moron- taking the ball out of Kemba walker's hands - taking the decision making out of his hands and putting it in Lonzo Balls hands is PURE FUCKING IDIOCY.

stunting the growth of guys drafted to be point guards- by taking the ball out of their hands and putting it into Lonzo Balls hands is PURE IDIOCY- the Mavs, Clippers nad Cavs would LAUGH at you. As i said- i couldnt imagine a worse fit than Lonzo Ball next to Sexotn -its idiocy- same with DSJ and SGA.

You TOTALLY over value Ball and TOTALLY fail to see how a guard that cant shoot restricts a team and causes a domino effect that runs through the whole offense.

There is a REASON in todays NBA that Lillard is a POINT GUARD- that KYRIE IS A POINT GUARD- that RW is A POINT GUARD- its a drive and kick league--- and when you cant drive and finish like Ball cant- and when you cant spot up and shoot - like Ball cant- you are kinda fucked. Thats when you BETTER have a LeBron James to bail you out- or a PF that can shoot like Kuzma to bail you out

because as soon as you decide to give a guard that cant shoot big minutes it has a domino effect on the rest of the team and this si something that you are apparently blind and ignorant to.

Proving me right with every post.

Thank you!

And yes. Ball would absolutely 100% for certain be starting for the Cleveland Cavaliers. The fact that you think otherwise shows how unbelievably biased and close minded you are.

Would it work?

I don't know. But it would have a much better chance than Lonzo with LeBron.

Because Lonzo is a better facilitator than Sexton and Sexton is a good scorer, mediocre facilitator.

But again, whether or not it would work would depend on the other 3 players out there. If it is Cedi Osman, Tristan Thompson and Rodney Hood, then no, it isn't going to work very well.