• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Ingram comes back and he is nothing special, realistically, do the Lakers make an offer for AD? It's a possibility and I know we have talked about this before but is there a way to get him without Kuzma included in this trade?

AD
Wesley Johnson

For

Ball
Ingram
Pope
Wagner
2019 1st round

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Ingram comes back and he is nothing special, realistically, do the Lakers make an offer for AD? It's a possibility and I know we have talked about this before but is there a way to get him without Kuzma included in this trade?

AD
Wesley Johnson

For

Ball
Ingram
Pope
Wagner
2019 1st round

I don't see why the Pelicans would even consider trading him this year. There's not a single good reason for them to entertain any trade offers this season. He has 2 full seasons left after this season.

They seriously shouldn't listen to any offers until some point next season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AD
Wesley Johnson

For

Ball
Ingram
Pope
Wagner
2019 1st round

I think they may very well make an offer for him regardless. If they can make it happen and keep Kuz or Ingram...great. If not, you do the deal anyway. AD is a generational player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AD
Wesley Johnson

For

Ball
Ingram
Pope
Wagner
2019 1st round
ick.....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a Wizards debut for Ariza.....19 points, 8 rebounds, 6 steals, and 4 assists....

But, they lost to the Hawks....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AD
Wesley Johnson

For

Ball
Ingram
Pope
Wagner
2019 1st round

Even I know that wouldn't be enough. It'd have to be multiple 1st rounders, every other year over 6 seasons since you can't trade 1st rounders in back to back years.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why the Pelicans would even consider trading him this year. There's not a single good reason for them to entertain any trade offers this season. He has 2 full seasons left after this season.

I agree with this.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets can make the playoffs this year

Possible but I doubt it. What team would they bump out? The only team I see is Orlando and I think they could make it. They have been playing well and look like they may be the surprise team of 2018-2019.

And I honestly think the Wiz make a run at some point and snatch the 7 or 8 seed. Tough to rule them out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes and no. They aren't winning a title with what they have, may not even make the playoffs and they don't appear to have much way to improve.

If AD already knows that he isn't going to re-sign with them, their best move may be to just trade him and start rebuilding early. :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible but I doubt it. What team would they bump out? The only team I see is Orlando and I think they could make it. They have been playing well and look like they may be the surprise team of 2018-2019.

Detroit, Charlotte, or Orlando.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation = "This could happen and that would really piss me off". lol
for that garbage? not likely

the Celtics could beat that offer without a second thought- as could other teams.

The first round pick is practically nothing-

The Celtics have 4 first rounders this year- some of them pretty good.

Ingram and Ball do not have nearly the value they had on the day they were drafted.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets can make the playoffs this year

They just might. They're on a 6 game winning streak and as others have pointed out, they play hard and are pretty sound fundamentally. Plus, they're in the East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know how much value Ingram really has in the grand scheme of things.

This is his third year right?

Its not even like he has a ton of value left contract wise before he has to get paid.

there are loads of other young players/picks earlier in on their contracts id rather have if i was the Pels.

Plus- Davis still has 2 years left on his deal- there is absolutely no urgency to move him right now at all- and they can offer him the supermax that no one else can.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even I know that wouldn't be enough. It'd have to be multiple 1st rounders, every other year over 6 seasons since you can't trade 1st rounders in back to back years.
lol we actually agrtee on something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know how much value Ingram really has in the grand scheme of things.

This is his third year right?

Its not even like he has a ton of value left contract wise before he has to get paid.

there are loads of other young players/picks earlier in on their contracts id rather have if i was the Pels.

Plus- Davis still has 2 years left on his deal- there is absolutely no urgency to move him right now at all- and they can offer him the supermax that no one else can.

Even if they add in Kuzma...STILL probably isn't enough. Ingram and Ball aren't anything special, the reason why I asked and what Lakers fans thought about it. Pels can do better

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for that garbage? not likely

the Celtics could beat that offer without a second thought- as could other teams.

The first round pick is practically nothing-

The Celtics have 4 first rounders this year- some of them pretty good.

Ingram and Ball do not have nearly the value they had on the day they were drafted.

Yeah, I agree. Was just messing with you because I know AD to the Lakers would just about kill you. lol

I think the Lakers would have to add Kuzma and as DJ pointed out, they'd need to include multiple first round picks.

Even at that, Klutch would have to make it clear that AD isn't re-signing with anyone other than the Lakers to keep the offers down.

Even then, a team that feels that he could get them to the finals, might still try to outbid the Lakers figuring that a couple of finals trips would be worth it even if he doesn't stay.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they add in Kuzma...STILL probably isn't enough. Ingram and Ball aren't anything special, the reason why I asked and what Lakers fans thought about it. Pels can do better
CAn do a lot better.

And like i said- if Ingram is in the deal say this summer- he has 1 more year left before he is due a pay day. Trading for a guy right before he is due a possible lucrative contract extension does not seem like the beest way to go.

Getting multiple solid first rounders from Boston would be a much more palatable deal if you ask me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving is truly a fucking idiot:

Kyrie feels dehumanized

“Sometimes, I feel like — even myself — you can speak ahead of yourself whether or not you believe it or not. And you end up getting caught because you’re on this false platform of a thing where you’re not even a human being anymore. You’re now extrapolated for all the information that you know and think.”

Kyrie suggests it takes a degree to know Earth isn’t flat

“And now you have to fit a mold of something that you’re clearly not. You’re more than just a basketball player that puts it in the hoop, and they subject you to being just that. It’s a little unfair at times. Obviously, we’re not as educated as — in terms of schooling, in terms knowledge of going to school to these universities, everyone you know four-year degree in marketing, business or history or anything like that. I think probably that misjudgment is warranted, it’s natural. Everyone feels like they have a place in this world to question anything or question somebody.”

Kyrie has a point about social media

“Look at what social media has done nowadays. Anybody could say anything on Twitter, but one thing someone says with a check next to their name is the biggest thing going. Nothing’s really original. It’s just history repeating itself all over again.”

Kyrie doesn’t judge people for the things they believe

“We’ve had people in history say some things that they believed and they stuck with their whole entire lives whether they be prominent individuals in society or not. So, I try to not pay attention to that mold at all. I try not to pay attention to whether it’s insulting or not. I don’t live my life based on biases or judgements. Nor do I base it on thinking or judging someone else for what they believe in as well.”

judging people for what they believe? Whether the earth is flat or round is not a fucking opinion. You cant have a valid opinion that the world i flat. That is not being biased- that is not being judgmental- its called a fucking fact. What is wrong with his brain?