• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some rough nights recently before the Cavs game but shook those off and his passing/playmaking has been great pretty much all season. I'd love for him to make the All Star team especially if the Kings are still in or near the playoffs by then but so many great Guards out West will make it tough. I'm happy those teams ahead of the Kings passed on him, Fox fits what the new Kings are all about. As for the Suns, even with Booker and TJ hurt they should be more competitive. Just a bad situation right now and another top 5 pick might not be able to fix everything.

Fox looks great.

Now, just imagine for a second if the Kings had actually done what you, and many on here wanted them to and drafted Luka Doncic instead of Bagley. Then you would really have the start of something special.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I really hate this.

A player resting may not have anything to do with his effort. We don't know for sure who is making the decision to rest, but I can tell you in most cases it does not come from the player. It is usually the team or the agent.

In this case, I am betting on the Raptors playing it safe and going out of their way to prove to Kawhi that they aren't the Spurs.

Don't automatically blame the player for resting, because often it isn't his call.

Jimmy Buckets last week in Minny aside....

^ all of this ^

It's a smart selling point...imo

We care about your future playing career, even if you decide your future is not with us.

If the winning doesn't completely sway him, this will help.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs play in the East. There is no comparison. The Houston Rockets are currently tied for second to last place in the West. There are zero nights off there.
East/West, it doesnt really matter....thus far the Suns record against the East is 1-9

actually WORSE % wise than their record against the West. LOL

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

Si or no?

tenor.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
East/West, it doesnt really matter....thus far the Suns record against the East is 1-9

I know it's early.

But, what do you think about Ayton?

My biggest reasons from withholding judgment are:

1. Damn, hasn't been a while Season.

2. What would be look like with a legit pg on the roster?

3. Could you play Luka, Booker, Bridges at the same time?

#3 is probably yes.

Book is the better shooter, Luka the better passer, Mikal the better defender.

But, can Bridges check pg's?

He'd likely have to.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12M a year for Dinwiddie is about market

you are not getting much "surplus value" (a term of art in the industry) out of him, but its prob what i would expect him to make- maybe a couple million more per year depending i suppose
I think I read somewhere that doing it now mucks up their money this Summer.

So, it will be interesting to see if it happens.

This kid was really good in College before his injury.

He would have gone much higher if he was healthy.

I bet the Pistons wish they didn't give up on him so quickly.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok y'all...Time for the most important question of the day.

Who ya got?

Army or Navy?

I can't ever pick a side in this game...

My Dad was in the Navy, but my favorite Aunt (who was my #1 fan when I was playing Jr. All American and then high school football) was Army.

My closest friend was Army, but his Dad (who is like a 2nd father to me) was Navy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok buddy.

14 of the 20 best teams reside in the West.

The Suns play 52 of 80 games against those teams where the Cavs play 28. If the Suns are a bottom 5 team, they only get 8 games a year against fellow bottom 5 opponents. The Cavs get 12. The Suns get 18 games against bottom 10 opponents where the Cavs get like 30.

So yeah, it matters. It maters a lot.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who ya got?

Army or Navy?

My Dad was in the Navy, but my favorite Aunt (who was my #1 fan when I was playing Jr. All American and then high school football) was Army.

My closest friend was Army, but his Dad (who is like a 2nd father to me) was Navy.

Air Force... :usa2:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who ya got?

Army or Navy?

Army is gonna win.

But, you know I'm rooting for the Boys in Blue.

Navy-Football-Uniforms-2016.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans?

I thought he liked taking 3's.

Oh well, winning cures all.

Joel Embiid, who missed his first game of the season Friday due to rest, told reporters that he feels like his offense has taken a hit since the team acquired All-Star Jimmy Butler in the blockbuster trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves last month. “I haven’t been myself lately,” Embiid told Philly.com. “I think it’s mainly because of the way I’ve been used, which is I’m being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch-5, which I’m only shooting [29] percent” from 3-point range. “But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, [coach Brett Brown] always has me starting on the perimeter … and it just really frustrates me.”

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans?

Joel Embiid, who missed his first game of the season Friday due to rest, told reporters that he feels like his offense has taken a hit since the team acquired All-Star Jimmy Butler in the blockbuster trade with the Minnesota Timberwolves last month. “I haven’t been myself lately,” Embiid told Philly.com. “I think it’s mainly because of the way I’ve been used, which is I’m being used as a spacer, I guess, a stretch-5, which I’m only shooting [29] percent” from 3-point range. “But it seems like the past couple games, like with the way I play, our setup, [coach Brett Brown] always has me starting on the perimeter … and it just really frustrates me.”

JoJo is doing a little whinging because he hasn't played as well the past couple of games and he missed a chance to play against his favorite player, Drummond.

But he will get a chance on Monday to do so.

Of course he will need to adjust his game to fit Butler in properly. That's part of basketball. But he will be much happier when that is done because it will give him more opportunities to dominate.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly fans?

This is going to be interesting to monitor. Because I have no doubt Embiid's current role is negatively impacting his numbers. But, are we sure it isn't best for the 6ers team? I don't know. They have been winning.

Embiid does not strike me as the type to put individual numbers ahead of winning games, but maybe he is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be interesting to monitor. Because I have no doubt Embiid's current role is negatively impacting his numbers. But, are we sure it isn't best for the 6ers team? I don't know. They have been winning.

Embiid does not strike me as the type to put individual numbers ahead of winning games, but maybe he is.

I think he is just frustrated because he hasn't been playing well and he was unhappy they were sitting him. He viewed as a sort of punishment.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox looks great.

Now, just imagine for a second if the Kings had actually done what you, and many on here wanted them to and drafted Luka Doncic instead of Bagley. Then you would really have the start of something special.
While I agree that drafting Luka might have them looking even better, Fox would not be having the same season with him on the team because they'd both need the ball a lot. He would have filled in the SF problem they have while also thinning out some of the young big man depth. Bagley had 17 yesterday on 8/9 shooting and has had a solid season even if it isn't talked about as much as Luka's or JJJ's. If I had to pick one or the other right now it would still be Luka, but I think(hope) that Bagley can be good enough to not make that pick a total failure.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I think(hope) that Bagley can be good enough to not make that pick a total failure

I agree. Hard to argue with 13 and 6 off the bench in his rookie season