• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 4th has been a disaster for the Lakers.

Currently being outscored by 21 in the 4th.

Spurs up 11 and the game is likely over

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they improved to 13-11.
Above .500 on the road at least for today(play in Indiana tomorrow). A Young team competing more often than not on the road is a good sign for the future. Hopefully they get past their 2nd day of the B2B struggles tomorrow, but even without Oladipo it'll be a tough test.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice addition from Rivals.....he's going to fit in good here.

Thanks man

A lot of the rivals guys are CFB only I get into all sports

Biggest topic NBA wise there was lebron/MJ and then everyone turns into Naismith on ya

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit are the Suns bad.

How many years in a row can a team tank? lol......at this rate they are gonna get another top 3 fucking pick...its ridiculous.

If the Cavs are as bad as long as the Suns have been bad it will be pathetic. The Suns have been rebuilding for a decade it seems.

If they say are so bad they get Barrett- itll be good for them- but shit- at what point is too much talent and no leadership/guys that know how to win?

They better start putting it together in the 2nd half and at least playing respectable because this is truly getting pathetic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for fucks-sake--- the Cavs lost Love, their best player ot injury, are selling off their vets, fired their coach, had the #8 pick as opposed to the #1 pick, no cap space for years--- and still have 1 more win than the Suns. There are just no excuses for how bad that team is at this point. After this many years of drafting so high there are just no excuses left.

drafting JAckson over Fox is looking REALLY REALLY FUCKING BAD. Like AWFUL. If they had Fox's talent and leadership at the point this team wouldnt be so rudderless. @Mecca @Bolts how good is Fox? unreal.

I cant believe Ball and Fultz were taken ahead of him at this point.

DeAron Fox is the real deal and I have been high on him since the draft.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit are the Suns bad.

How many years in a row can a team tank? lol......at this rate they are gonna get another top 3 fucking pick...its ridiculous.

If the Cavs are as bad as long as the Suns have been bad it will be pathetic. The Suns have been rebuilding for a decade it seems.

If they say are so bad they get Barrett- itll be good for them- but shit- at what point is too much talent and no leadership/guys that know how to win?

They better start putting it together in the 2nd half and at least playing respectable because this is truly getting pathetic.

The Kings hadn't finished better than 12th in the West but once in the last decade (10th)

They may finally have enough former Duke and Kentucky players to make a run now.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for fucks-sake--- the Cavs lost Love, their best player ot injury, are selling off their vets, fired their coach, had the #8 pick as opposed to the #1 pick, no cap space for years--- and still have 1 more win than the Suns. There are just no excuses for how bad that team is at this point. After this many years of drafting so high there are just no excuses left.

drafting JAckson over Fox is looking REALLY REALLY FUCKING BAD. Like AWFUL. If they had Fox's talent and leadership at the point this team wouldnt be so rudderless. @Mecca @Bolts how good is Fox? unreal.

He had some rough nights recently before the Cavs game but shook those off and his passing/playmaking has been great pretty much all season. I'd love for him to make the All Star team especially if the Kings are still in or near the playoffs by then but so many great Guards out West will make it tough. I'm happy those teams ahead of the Kings passed on him, Fox fits what the new Kings are all about. As for the Suns, even with Booker and TJ hurt they should be more competitive. Just a bad situation right now and another top 5 pick might not be able to fix everything.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no on the bold. The difference is, Steph has missed games with a legit injury. Kawhi has been sitting out on b2b's because either he or the team (or both) are choosing for that to happen.

Having said that, imo, any player who plays less than 65 games should be out of the MVP running. But in cases where players have missed games, why they missed the games should be taken into consideration.

So if Steph and Kawhi both play in 65-70 games, but Steph's missed games were because of a legit injury and Kawhi's are due to rest... the edge should go to Curry.

Not to mention, the Raptors have fared pretty well in games Kawhi has missed.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just looks different when a guy sits just to "rest" vs. actually being hurt. Kinda points to his "effort" IMO.

Now I really hate this.

A player resting may not have anything to do with his effort. We don't know for sure who is making the decision to rest, but I can tell you in most cases it does not come from the player. It is usually the team or the agent.

In this case, I am betting on the Raptors playing it safe and going out of their way to prove to Kawhi that they aren't the Spurs.

Don't automatically blame the player for resting, because often it isn't his call.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry was fine. This wasn't like Kyrie or Love who actually missed entire series. Stop making girly excuses. If Curry wasn't playing you may have a point but he played in every game and was better than he was the year before when he was "perfectly fine." He also joined that team that beat him

My post had nothing at all to do with Cleveland. KD didn't want to play with Russ. So he left. End of story.

Not rehashing the the 2015 and 2016 Finals for the millionth time. Objective people know what happened. Both teams benefitted from the other's injury situations. You can't say one was lucky without saying the other was lucky.

Cleveland got a ring. Be happy about that. Because you very easily could have had 0.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron could have won with RW

Most players don't want to join the team the beat you

This was the team that just beat him too lol

Maybe. But it all depends on who they faced.

Because LeBron and Russ would be a horrific fit. Absolutely awful. They surely wouldn't beat the KD Warriors.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal makes more sense with the 1st Rd pick, but that's going to be in the late 20's. Also a future 2nd round pick which will be in the high 50's as well. Overall, D+ grade on the return.

Still...DELLY IS BACK.

I think it is a good return for Cleveland. They don't need cap space next year and they get a first round pick to exchange non-factor players.

It was always ambitious to think Hill's expiring would net a better deal than this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be moving fine here in the series 3 weeks before the finals...

Was he really moving fine though? Compared to a normal person or even a normal NBA player, sure. He was moving fine. But he wasn't moving like Steph Curry.

Curry's ridiculously skilled handles and body control enabled him to seperate and create space for the lay-up. But I have watched Curry enough to know that when he is healthy, he is much quicker than that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs play in the East. There is no comparison. The Houston Rockets are currently tied for second to last place in the West. There are zero nights off there.