• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just surreal.

I really go back and forth with him. Sometimes I think he just has a massive confidence problem. And then I see his shot mechanics and they just look completely broken.

Baffling. Kid was so darn good in his 1 year at Washington.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was young players usually get better, not worse over time.
I'm not questioning your statement.

I'm amused by the examples you used to prove your point.

How are you gonna tout a guy as being a " CAREER " 17 point scorer at the beginning of his 2nd year?

How is this different from people saying Ball is a career 39 % shooter from the field?

You can't say these guys are career anythings at the beginning of their 2nd years.

Yes, guys usually get better.

But, not always....

* See MCW, Tyreke Evans

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ ,@WiggyRuss , @tlance , @trojanfan12 , @bksballer89

I'm curious to know what you think is the absolute ceiling, floor for Hart and Kuz?

I think Kuz's ceiling is Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Floor is Cedric Ceballos, Rex Chapman.

Hart....Dumars ceiling...which is being very generous.

Floor, John Starks.

Those are pretty good floors considering where they were picked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm curious to know what you think is the absolute ceiling, floor for Hart and Kuz?

Floor, John Starks.

I see Kuzma as more of a Ryan Anderson type...with a little less 3 pt skills and a little more of a floor game- but very similar defensively.

Hart is tougher. Maybe a little bit of Trevor Ariza there

both guys were long time college players right? Did both go all 4 years? That limits their growth potential.

not that Ryan Anderson and Ariza are bad- if both of those guys have long successful careers like those 2 guys i think the Lakers will be ecstatic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baffling. Kid was so darn good in his 1 year at Washington.
when a projection is based so much on athleticism there is a greater chance of things going bad.

His basketball skills have just not developed. He could bully college players with his athleticism, but the NBA game you need to have refined skills and he just hasnt got there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Floor, John Starks.

Yeah, those seem pretty accurate.

I was talking to a buddy of mine about that and he suggested Hart as a Byron Scott type.

A little harder to say with Kuz. His athleticism gives him a higher ceiling than Hart, imo.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is giving Mccaw and Fultz this Shit advice?

If this guy isn't really injured, he's got a lot of fucking nerve.

The 76ers stood by him and he is pulling this Shit because he rightfully got benched?

Oh, I hope this isn't true.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, those seem pretty accurate.

I was talking to a buddy of mine about that and he suggested Hart as a Byron Scott type.

A little harder to say with Kuz. His athleticism gives him a higher ceiling than Hart, imo.
Byron Scott sounds about right.

Good call.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both guys were long time college players right? Did both go all 4 years? That limits their growth potential.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both stayed all 4 years. To be fair, iirc, both could have come out after their junior years and been drafted, but chose to stay.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go rent a pair of sarcasm goggles from the SportsHoopla gift shop because you badly need them. It seems you'll never learn that I'm often sarcastic about Yer Boyz. And yet it's you that most often gets bent outta shape.

Why don't other Lakers fans in the NBA threads like Trojanfan, CL67 or DJ fly off the handle & piss themselves w/ anger like you always do? Oh wait I know that answer, they can take a joke. Which you obviously can't.

I dunno, man...

You SURE you were joking...? :lol:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kuzma as more of a Ryan Anderson type...with a little less 3 pt skills and a little more of a floor game- but very similar defensively.

Hart is tougher. Maybe a little bit of Trevor Ariza there

not that Ryan Anderson and Ariza are bad- if both of those guys have long successful careers like those 2 guys i think the Lakers will be ecstatic.

I was going to say Caron Butler or Rashard Lewis.

But, Anderson works too.

If Kuz played the other side of the ball like Ariza, he'd be perfect next to LeBron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when a projection is based so much on athleticism there is a greater chance of things going bad.

His basketball skills have just not developed. He could bully college players with his athleticism, but the NBA game you need to have refined skills and he just hasnt got there.

You hate to do it with a kid that was picked as high as he was, but a little time in the G-League might not be the worst thing for him. Give him a chance to work on his skills without the pressure of being on a team that's expected to win.

Of course, if he goes to the G-League and doesn't get better....it could wreck him for good.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm pretty sure both stayed all 4 years. To be fair, iirc, both could have come out after their junior years and been drafted, but chose to stay.
It's not unheard of for guys to still have upside after 4 years in College.

We have a ton of exceptions to that rule currently in the league.

Lillard, McCollum, Draymond, Manimal, Parsons, Collison and a few more.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Floor, John Starks.

I think you are being generous on both counts for Hart. Starks made an allstar team and was the second leading scorer on a contending caliber team.

The floor for Hart and Kuzma is what they are now. It is possible that both are currently producing at or near peak levels.

I think Hart could develop into a Starks level, fringe all star player as his absolute ceiling. Most likely though, he will be a high quality bench player or a 4th or 5th starter.

Kuzma has similar upside, IMO, but with a bit higher floor than Hart. I say that mostly because I think he is already a very solid starting caliber player.

I don't think All Star games are in the future for either, but Kuzma is more likely because he has the superior offensive game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not unheard of for guys to still have upside after 4 years in College.

We have a ton of exceptions to that rule currently in the league.

Lillard, McCollum, Draymond, Manimal, Parsons, Collison and a few more.

Heck, that's how it used to be done. Some of the greatest players in NBA history played 4 years of college.

I think guys coming out early is kind of a double edged sword. Even if a guy is truly ready, there is still a bit of a learning curve. But guys like Lebron, Kobe, KG, etc. get it figured out fairly quickly.

But if a guy isn't ready and goes to the NBA early, it can ruin him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hart could develop into a Starks level, fringe all star player as his absolute ceiling. Most likely though, he will be a high quality bench player or a 4th or 5th starter.

That's why my buddy pegged him as a Byron Scott type. Byron was never an all star, but he was an important piece on some championship caliber teams.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are being generous on both counts for Hart. Starks made an allstar team and was the second leading scorer on a contending caliber team.

The floor for Hart and Kuzma is what they are now. It is possible that both are currently producing at or near peak levels.

Kuzma has similar upside, IMO, but with a bit higher floor than Hart. I say that mostly because I think he is already a very solid starting caliber player.

I don't think All Star games are in the future for either, but Kuzma is more likely because he has the superior offensive game.
Yeah, I'm a serious Hart fan.

So....rose colored glasses.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao I'm done. The entire training staff seriously must go