• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very strongly Durant wants to play with LeBron.

Who knows?

A couple of years ago, who thought he'd be playing for the Warriors?

If he played with Lebron, it would be for what? 3 years? Maybe grab another title or 2?

Then Lebron retires or is no longer the Lebron we see today and KD is the team leader just as Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart are entering their primes.

What could possibly be attractive about that? lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which I just read a quote that Paul George said he would have signed with the Lakers if he hadn't been traded to OKC
Yup.

He said his desire to be a Laker was not overstated.

That was the plan.

But, he loves Russ and was butthurt that the Lakers refused to trade for him.

The Lakers had the key piece to make such a move as they owned the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NBA draft or forward Brandon Ingram, a source said. The Lakers, however, kept the No. 2 selection to draft UCLA guard Lonzo Ball and never dealt Ingram. George was disappointed that the Lakers did not value him enough to make the trade with the Pacers at the time, a source said.

Paul George says L.A. 'is where I wanted to go'

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

That was the plan.

The Lakers had the key piece to make such a move as they owned the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NBA draft or forward Brandon Ingram, a source said. The Lakers, however, kept the No. 2 selection to draft UCLA guard Lonzo Ball and never dealt Ingram. George was disappointed that the Lakers did not value him enough to make the trade with the Pacers at the time, a source said.

Lol.

So he wanted the Lakers to weaken the team that he would be going to by trading for him...when he could have just signed with them this off-season and been on a much stronger team.

What a fucking genius. :pound:

He and Westbrook are a perfect pairing. lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

So he wanted the Lakers to weaken the team that he would be going to by trading for him...when he could have just signed with them this off-season and been on a much stronger team.

Ego.

You refuse to Carmelo your roster for me = they didn't value me.

Same with Jimmy Butler.

You refused to attach assets to a bad contract so you can give me a pay raise that I can still get next Summer = They are dishonest and don't value me.

Granted, I would probably be pissed if I made less than gutless Andrew Wiggins and talented, but has no fucking heart, Towns.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows?

If he played with Lebron, it would be for what? 3 years? Maybe grab another title or 2?

Then Lebron retires or is no longer the Lebron we see today and KD is the team leader just as Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart are entering their primes.

You make interesting points....

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows?

Keep dreaming LOL

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

Surprisingly few of these athletes are that intelligent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

That was the plan.

He is still talking about it?

He made his decision.....he should STFU.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious ?

Were you surprised when KD chose GS or were you expecting it?
Neither. I knew he was going to jump, and I knew the Ws were in the mix. Of course he still might but I wouldn't bet on him coming to LA. He's already taken so much shit for teaming up with other HOFers and not being the main man. If he leaves I suspect he will want to be the alpha on a team he can build himself. And he won't want to play in LeBrons shadow he's trying to build his own legacy not help LeBron.

I give it a 5% chance he goes to the Lakers. I think it's more likely he teams up with Kawhi on the Clippers but that's also a low chance. All signs point to the Knicks right now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious ?

Were you surprised when KD chose GS or were you expecting it?
Do you know what the #1 reason the talking heads think Durant is absconding?

Love.

No matter what he does in a Warriors uniform, he will NEVER be loved more than Curry.

Curry won without him, not the other way around.

The Warriors were the favorite before him. All he did was widen the gap.

Remember: we are talking about a hypersensitive individual that's always in his feelings.

If he can't take living in Steph's shadow, you think he's gonna be good living in LeBron, Kobe and Magic's?

Again, if it were any other player, I doubt I would believe this is the reason he'd leave.

There are no basketball reasons to want to leave if winning is the priority.

So, it has to be money or ego.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most GM's aren't blinded by moronic hate like you are and can actually look at a players overall game and potential.
you think Ball actually has enough value to be a centerpeice for a star?

and you are calling me blind and moronic? LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what the #1 reason the talking heads think Durant is absconding?

Love.

No matter what he does in a Warriors uniform, he will NEVER be loved more than Curry.

Curry won without him, not the other way around.

The Warriors were the favorite before him. All he did was widen the gap.

Remember: we are talking about a hypersensitive individual that's always in his feelings.

If he can't take living in Steph's shadow, you think he's gonna be good living in LeBron, Kobe and Magic's?

Again, if it were any other player, I doubt I would believe this is the reason he'd leave.

There are no basketball reasons to want to leave if winning is the priority.

So, it has to be money or ego.
def. ego--- i mean- just look at the burner accounts, the whining in the media, etc....

this guy has 2 finals mvps and he is still insecure. lol

on the other hand- there is not a person out there that gives him the respect he would have gotten if he would have led OKC to a title and he knows that.

he was afraid he was never going to win- and wanted that monkey off his back--- now he can almost get back to going on with his career.

why i will forever have more respect for guys like Dirk, Pierce, Wade, over Durant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What 5pm (PT) game shall I watch? Miami v Washington or Chicago v Philly?

Thinking about the Bulls Sixers game.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting my new laptop set up.....say goodbye to using me cell to surf tHoop.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def. ego--- i mean- just look at the burner accounts, the whining in the media, etc....

this guy has 2 finals mvps and he is still insecure. lol

on the other hand- there is not a person out there that gives him the respect he would have gotten if he would have led OKC to a title and he knows that.

he was afraid he was never going to win- and wanted that monkey off his back--- now he can almost get back to going on with his career.

why i will forever have more respect for guys like Dirk, Pierce, Wade, over Durant.
In a lot of ways, his journey resembles LeBron.

LeBron was regarded as one of the top 3 players in the NBA when he decided to play buddy ball in Miami.

Wade was Lebron's Curry. Dwayne won a chip without LeBron.

I think it was obvious that LeBron was the best player on that roster and Durant is the best player on the Warriors. But, like Curry, Wade was the Soul.

Miami would never have loved LeBron more than Wade.

I am aware that Durant's defection is looked at as more egregious. But, are we really mad at this guy for outstacking the King of team stacking?

With that being said, even if Durant wins more rings than Bron as a Warrior, he will always be ranked behind James because LeBron won with the Cavs.

I remember you saying this once before and people Shit on you for it.

But, that one in Cleveland is worth more than 2 any place else.

If LeBron wins one for the Lakers....

I will have a tough time not admitting that he is either better, or equivalent, to Jordan.

:puke:

Durant would have to win in New York or with the Clippers for me to even put him top 5 all time.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a lot of ways, his journey resembles LeBron.

LeBron was regarded as one of the top 3 players in the NBA when he decided to play buddy ball in Miami.

Wade was Lebron's Curry. Dwayne won a chip without LeBron.

I think it was obvious that LeBron was the best player on that roster and Durant is the best player on the Warriors. But, like Curry, Wade was the Soul.

Miami would never have loved LeBron more than Wade.

I am aware that Durant's defection is looked at as more egregious. But, are we really mad at this guy for outstacking the King of team stacking?

With that being said, even if Durant wins more rings than Bron as a Warrior, he will always be ranked behind James because LeBron won with the Cavs.

I remember you saying this once before and people Shit on you for it.

But, that one in Cleveland is worth more than 2 any place else.

If LeBron wins one for the Lakers....

I will have a tough time not admitting that he is either better, or equivalent, to Jordan.

:puke:

Durant would have to win in New York or with the Clippers for me to even put him top 5 all time.
You see Randle's game with the Pelicans?
they got a steal for 2 years 18M

LAkers developed that guy and then got rid of him right when he was turning the corner.

he has his defensive limitations- but his rebounding and scoring and passing is pretty damn good....almost like a poor mans Love. lol