• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thought...

10 more games in and we'll have a much clearer picture...

I know, smart, ain't I...?:D
next 10 games for the Lakers are pretty easy.....they should be 11-9 after 20 games

6 of the next 10 are against pretty bad teams--- 2 against Orlando, one against hte Cavs, one against Miami, one against Sacramento, one against the Hawks. They should go at least 5-1 against those 6 teams you would think

the other 4 games are Minne, Denver, Portland, Utah.

if they split those 4, and take care of business against hte bad teams, they will get to 11-9.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next 10 games for the Lakers are pretty easy.....they should be 11-9 after 20 games

6 of the next 10 are against pretty bad teams--- 2 against Orlando, one against hte Cavs, one against Miami, one against Sacramento, one against the Hawks. They should go at least 5-1 against those 6 teams you would think

the other 4 games are Minne, Denver, Portland, Utah.

if they split those 4, and take care of business against hte bad teams, they will get to 11-9.

Thereabouts definitely sounds reasonable, though obviously we'll see how it shakes out...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers aren't just getting in as a 7-8 seed either.

It'll be a 4-6 seed.

You got a lot of work to do. Need to make some moves at the deadline.

The Lakers seem like they compete with almost any team, at least most nights but their defense needs a lot of work. They give up too many leads.

I dont expect the Clip, Kings and Grizz to keep up their pace but I also expect the Pelicans, Rockets and Jazz to amp it up.

Warriors, Nugs, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Jazz and Pelicans are all better than LA. I wont include the Thunder right now bc not sure how serious that ankle sprain is for RW.

That leaves them fighting for 7-8. It’s still very early but how much more chemistry do they need? They look fine on offense for the most part, defense is the issue hard to fix unless it is just effort

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think this is the same squad suiting up for the playoffs.....wrong.

The Lakers will make moves to make this team better. Some of these kidd are asta la vista.

I think the Lakers will be players at the deadline....

I'm not so sure.

Normally, with LeBron teams, I'd agree.

But the Lakers are all in for next year's off-season and have little to nothing in the way of trade-able salary.

The only significant salary they have to trade is KCP - and he has a trade clause. The only way I see a trade going down is if a 1 year player in KCP's salary range (10-14 mill) becomes available... but it would require KCP to be on board and the Lakers would have to include other assets (picks).

They could be a player in the buyout market after the deadline though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't go all-in this year LeBron's legacy is like totally ruined. And if he gets your Lakers into the playoffs anything less than a Finals appearance is a failure.

#walton'sfault

and I'll be honest, I'll hate seeing the Lakers bounced, but as far as LeClown's "legacy"...?

well, do I really need to say more...? :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure.

But the Lakers are all in for next year's off-season and have little to nothing in the way of trade-able salary.

The only significant salary they have to trade is KCP - and he has a trade clause. The only way I see a trade going down is if a 1 year player in KCP's salary range (10-14 mill) becomes available... but it would require KCP to be on board and the Lakers would have to include other assets (picks).

yah the Lakers are seriously hamstrung by the fact that they dont want to take back any long term salary.

They would need to make a deal for a solid player that is on either a cheap or expiring contract.

a solid player on a cheap contract will cost substantial assets. A solid player on an expiring contract- there just arent too many of those out there- and no one that is trying to win is going to trade a player like that.

Looking at the possible targets for the Lakers- who actually makes sense?

The Clippers and Cavs are not helping out the Lakers. The Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, Raptors, Sixers, Pacers, Bucks, Nuggets, Thunder, Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Pelicans are all playoff teams and wont be trading win-now pieces.

The teams that make sense as possible trade partners?

Nets, Knicks, Kings, Bulls, maybe Pistons, Atlanta, maybe Charlotte (but i dont see anyone on that team that makes sense), maybe Miami, Orlando, Washington, Dallas (though Cuban hates the Lakers and no one on that team makes sense unless you want Wes Mathews), maybe the Grizz.

some possibilities of guys that expire at the end of the year and are on teams that will be looking to trade players as they are not in it:

-Kenneth Faried- Nets
-Robin Lopez- Bulls
-Wesley Mathews- DAL
-Enes Kanter- NYK
-Nikola Vucevic- ORL
-iman Shumpert- SAC
-Kosta Koufous- SAC

or if the Wiz blow it up and want to take on long term salary- if they made a monste offer for Beale or Wall since they read the tea leaves and realize Butler, Kyrie, Kawhi, etc. are not going there- maybe that happens

the problem with the Lakers trade prospects is that if they cant take on long term money their prospects are severly limited trade wise--- and the number of teams that will actually be looking to trade win-now players severly limits the trade pool.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a lot of work to do. Need to make some moves at the deadline.

The Lakers seem like they compete with almost any team, at least most nights but their defense needs a lot of work. They give up too many leads.

I dont expect the Clip, Kings and Grizz to keep up their pace but I also expect the Pelicans, Rockets and Jazz to amp it up.

Warriors, Nugs, Blazers, Rockets, Spurs, Jazz and Pelicans are all better than LA. I wont include the Thunder right now bc not sure how serious that ankle sprain is for RW.

That leaves them fighting for 7-8. It’s still very early but how much more chemistry do they need? They look fine on offense for the most part, defense is the issue hard to fix unless it is just effort
problem with the Lakers is that there are not that many players on expiring deals that will help them, and of the players on expiring deals not too many are on teams that will be looking to get rid of those type of guys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with the Lakers is that there are not that many players on expiring deals that will help them, and of the players on expiring deals not too many are on teams that will be looking to get rid of those type of guys.

I meant basically small moves, probably wont help much, it’s basically just this group to improve to make any noise

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 NBA Standings | ESPN

Tied with the Jazz and Pels actually.....

Love you, babe....:heh:
Tsk tsk......

My bad, you are correct.

I'm confused about the record though.

Because, didn't you say the Lakers would be .500 after the game against Toronto?

:scratch:

Maybe you meant the March 14th game...

:dhd:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't happen. They know what it is this year. 1st or 2nd round exit most likely.
Nobody expects this to happen outside of @DJ .

Now, if a marquee guy s on the market, I'm sure they will pounce.

But, it would have to be a guy better than Beale, unless they are willing to deal all of their rookie deals
I'm not so sure.

Yep.

Beale, Wall, Porter will be salary dump candidates if the Wizards don't right the ship.

Bucks could deal Bledsoe, maybe Middleton if they don't want to pay him.

Otherwise, you are looking at a guy like Hardaway Jr.

That's just....ewwwwww.

Better to wait it out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota need to quit wasting time and trade Butler. If he keeps deciding when he plays then they won't make the playoffs even with him on the roster. No chemistry when a guy is sitting out every couple of games

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota need to quit wasting time and trade Butler. If he keeps deciding when he plays then they won't make the playoffs even with him on the roster. No chemistry when a guy is sitting out every couple of games

More options will open up in mid December.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody expects this to happen outside of @DJ .

Now, if a marquee guy s on the market, I'm sure they will pounce.

But, it would have to be a guy better than Beale, unless they are willing to deal all of their rookie deals

Yep.

Beale, Wall, Porter will be salary dump candidates if the Wizards don't right the ship.

Bucks could deal Bledsoe, maybe Middleton if they don't want to pay him.

Otherwise, you are looking at a guy like Hardaway Jr.

That's just....ewwwwww.

Better to wait it out.
the Bucks are trying to compete though

why trade Middleton?

and if you are the Lakers, why trade for Middleton unless you want to resign him since it will obviously be fairly expensive to get him.

I mean- middleton would be PERFECT for the Lakers, but he would cost AT LEAST Hart and a first rounder- and then cost at LEAST 20M a year, more like 25M a year to resign.

Do they want to blow their wad on Khris Middleton?

Lakers will prob get some buy out candidates- but as to actual trade options and adding a top 50 guy- there just isnt any evidence to think they can or will pull something like that off.

They have a young, inexperienced roster that is under intense pressure. Guys like Ball cant just take a couple weeks off this year when they are getting tired/beat up. They will be getting constant questions about their position in relation ot the playofs- constant stuff abotu their head coach and rumors, constat stuff about the pressure

no one will be blaming lebron if they go on a cold streak- it will all be on walton and the young guys.

there are some huge advantages to having lebron- but the pressure and expectations and media coverage that it brings just makes those walls close in on you a little bit.

Its why i think teams like the Jazz, Blazers, Spurs will all finish above them. I just need the Twolves or Pelicans to do so as well and im home free.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are a trainwreck....
they are in no position to add a solid top 50 player at the trade deadline that is for sure-

well- unless they sacrifice assets and sacrifice cap room for next year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are in no position to add a solid top 50 player at the trade deadline that is for sure-

well- unless they sacrifice assets and sacrifice cap room for next year.
Ingram might be expendable now, he doesn't look like he's going to make 'the leap'

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram might be expendable now, he doesn't look like he's going to make 'the leap'
as i said....if/when the LeBron in LA expirement does not succeed, people will look back and say the genesis of it was having 3 #2 overall picks and not getting a big time player out of it- either via trading the pick or by hitting in the draft.

I realize its not easy to hit at #2 and the Lakers dont control who is in what draft, but if you want to contend for a title at some point you gotta hit big on at least one of those picks and right now it just doesnt look like they did. Impossible for that to change? no- likely? prob. not likely.