• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat's Whiteside out vs. Pistons with knee injury

Miami Heat center Hassan Whiteside, the NBA's second-leading rebounder, will not play in Monday's game against Andre Drummond and the Detroit Pistons because of a knee injury.

The Heat, who conclude a three-game road trip with Monday's contest in Detroit, announced that Whiteside will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Miami.

Whiteside injured his right knee in the second half of Saturday's game in Atlanta against the Hawks and did not return. He said Sunday that he didn't believe his injury was serious.

The 7-foot Whiteside is averaging 12.4 points and 14.6 rebounds per game this season, trailing only Drummond, who is averaging 15.4 rebounds per game.

translation-- Whiteside is afraid of Andre!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds good now but it means nothing for this season if half of those teams turns out to be better than they were last year. Also it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the Heat are playing bad and having a hard time playing defense with these new rules. Once they figure it out then the wins will start to pile up. Until then, the losses will keep coming.
starting statues like Whiteside nad Olynk together in the front court is prob not a great idea....

id stagger those 2....play someone at PF that can move.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mick7-1961

I can't remember if you've been to Ireland before.:D

CELTICS IN SEVEN!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
say your life is on the line, and an opposing PF has the ball....

who would you rather have play defense to try and save your neck?

a. klye kuzma

gettyimages-873070636.jpg

or

b. 3 toed sloth

9009268.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait?

thats a great question

have you ever been to Ireland Mick?

I just cannot remember. ;)

How original wiggy. The last handful of times you've said something to me it's just repeating what I've already said. Grow up & stop acting like a teenager.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How original wiggy. The last handful of times you've said something to me it's just repeating what I've already said. Grow up & stop acting like a teenager.
LOL

how ironic

I was the one that made up that joke in the first place

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS

repping the buckeyes (not to mention the browns and celtics) in colorado is lame.

stick with ralphie the buffalo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS

repping the buckeyes (not to mention the browns and celtics) in colorado is lame.

stick with ralphie the buffalo.

Like I have mentioned countless times I'm originally from Akron. So you're saying even though I'm originally from NE Ohio I can't root for the Buckeyes or the Browns?:crazy: And as far as the Celtics I've been a fan of them since the days of Larry The Legend. I went to my 1st of many Celtics games @ The Garden during the '81-'82 season.

Will your dumbfuckery ever stop?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have mentioned countless times I'm originally from Akron. So you're saying even though I'm originally from NE Ohio I can't root for the Buckeyes or the Browns?:crazy: And as far as the Celtics I've been a fan of them since the days of Larry The Legend. I went to my 1st of many Celtics games @ The Garden during the '81-'82 season.

Will your dumbfuckery ever stop?
hey im not saying you cant pick and choose who to root for wily nily- as if you were throwing darts- you are of course free to do whatever you want to do.

its just lame.

i have and always will support my local team.

I couldnt even imagine if I just glammed onto like the Bulls or Cowboys or Yankees when I was growing up instead of my hometown team- spineless- if you ask me anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting statues like Whiteside nad Olynk together in the front court is prob not a great idea....

id stagger those 2....play someone at PF that can move.

Yeah I posted it here saturday night and on the heat board. With the direction this new NBA is going, they can NEVER play those 2 together.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I posted it here saturday night and on the heat board. With the direction this new NBA is going, they can NEVER play those 2 together.
im gonna get you over to the dark side before the end of the year...you will admit that an old-school center like Whiteside- even one that can rebound that well- is just not a good place to spend a bunch of money and give a bunch of touches and minutes to in todays NBA.

20 years ago Whiteside mightve been a really good player and an asset (at least when he is not babying injuries or losing his mind). But in todays league its just awful tough to devote about a 1/4 of your payroll to a center that cant do much more than patrol the paint.

I wish the Cavs were able to get Bamba or Jackson or Doncic :(

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey im not saying you cant pick and choose who to root for wily nily- as if you were throwing darts- you are of course free to do whatever you want to do.

its just lame.

i have and always will support my local team.

I couldnt even imagine if I just glammed onto like the Bulls or Cowboys or Yankees when I was growing up instead of my hometown team- spineless- if you ask me anyway.

Not that it's any of your business but my father was life long Celtics fan. Now you have your answer as to why I have always rooted for Boston.

What's next? Maybe you'll give me some shit about being a UNLV fan even though I was a season ticket holder when I lived out there.

And trust me wiggy, you haven't grow up yet.

One more thing. Your long time man-crush LeBron was (maybe still is) a Yankees & Cowboys fan growing up. So where's your fake outrage about that? You nonstop hypocrite. The irony of you calling anyone spineless is hilarious.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize ACTUAL fans watch more games of their favorite teams than most reporters? You really think reporters are sitting and watching 48 minutes of heat games?

And fans of teams can be biased @ times.