• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which I find odd.

Why does a 2nd and 3rd year guy have a say?

We aren't talking about Generational talents here.

They are good young pieces.

But, they don't fall into the Embiid, Simmons, Giannis, Davis " we need to get these guys blessing" department.
Ingram has had flashes but it hasn't really manifested as a for sure start next to Lebron....however it's gonna be quite a while, before they consider moving him to the bench. For the moment, I'd like to keep it as is to see how it all turns out, but I do like me some Josh Hart, and atm, he's a great fit with Lebron.
As for Kuzma, I like the fit, but he has a tendency to jack up too many shots at times

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, he had a great game....
Oh agreed totally...but when it comes to the closing moments of the 4th quarter, Lebron has to be the PG, and Lonzo is more apt to be a spot up shooter as opposed to Rondo. Otherwise, Rondo has been great for us

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why he should be on the bench IMO
The only problem there is that we don't have a viable PF to fill that spot. I don't like Lebron at the 4 having to expand energy guarding big guys, and from there, there's really nobody to play at the 4 besides an underzised Kuzma

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javale Jesus McGee

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are undefeated when LeBron and Steph Curry are both in the building.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Woj

The Suns have bought out Chandler....he's landed with the Lakers.....

WOOOOOO!!!!!

He's old and washed up. But at this point, even that is an improvement for that Lakers who desperately need any warm body front court player they can find. That will help immensely

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. Kuzma needs to start. Of all the young Lakers, he has been the best fit next to Lebron. They're just better when he's out there. Zach Lowe pointed out this week that their best line up is Ball, Lebron, Ingram, Kuzma, and McGee and sometimes Hart subbing for Ball with Lebron acting as PG. Those line ups are stupid long defensively and still provide the most scoring punch. The bench behind that would be pretty weak but Luke just needs to stagger the minutes in a way to where 2 of the 3 (Lebron, Ingram, Kuzma) are on court at all times.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers looking to sign Tyson Chandler once he has been bought out by the Suns and clears waivers. Chandler's game should add some defense to the Lakers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to the Cavs....and I've been ripping them.....but people who come here regularly know why......

It's the management who should take the blame. When they fired Lue for wanting to play vets over youngsters you know the Cavs management isn't trying to win.....

They aren't great but Korver and Smith are vets who can play.....management clearly wants to see what they have with the kids.....and in the process lose.

Not really.

Would they have more than 1 win if they were playing gets more?

Perhaps they have 2. Smith and Korver are solid NBA players, but they are mid-late rotation guys. Not difference makers. Both are shooters that need others to create for them, and that creator isn't on the roster.

As for the youth movement? It is greatly exaggerated. Otherwise Sexton would be playing a lot more than George Hill. This is a bad basketball team any way you look at it.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really underrated win by the Spurs last night. Nirotic had a nice night and Holiday had a season high, but Davis was contained. DeMar and Aldridge both had bad shooting nights and the team still got the W and held the Pelicans, the second highest scoring team in the league, to just 95 points. Good, good win.

Now for the inevitable letdown defeat tonight to Orlando.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really underrated win by the Spurs last night. Nirotic had a nice night and Holiday had a season high, but Davis was contained. DeMar and Aldridge both had bad shooting nights and the team still got the W and held the Pelicans, the second highest scoring team in the league, to just 95 points. Good, good win.

Now for the inevitable letdown defeat tonight to Orlando.

People were writing off the Spurs before the season started, which I don't get.

Sure, they lost some important young players to injury, but they have Pop, they added DeRozan who is significantly better than anybody they had last year (of those who actually played) and they have vets like Gay and Aldridge who know how to win.

Spurs are going to make the playoffs, and that shouldn't surprise anyone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting question:

How much does Cleveland's sucking bolster LeBron's MVP candidacy this year?

50 wins in the West would be more impressive to me than 60 in the East. If the Lakers get there, I think only Giannis and Davis have the upside to top him. Kawhi will be impacted by the fact that he keeps sitting out games and Toronto plays well anyway.

If the Lakers win 50+ and Cleveland loses 60, LeBron is hands down MVP

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram has had flashes but it hasn't really manifested as a for sure start next to Lebron....however it's gonna be quite a while, before they consider moving him to the bench. For the moment, I'd like to keep it as is to see how it all turns out, but I do like me some Josh Hart, and atm, he's a great fit with Lebron.
As for Kuzma, I like the fit, but he has a tendency to jack up too many shots at times

Agree. We aren't winning a title this year, so stick with this rotation for a few games and let the guys figure it out. After 6-8 games or so, if it doesn't appear to be working...make a change.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I like his aggressiveness and the fact that he remains aggressive even with Lebron on the floor. But sometimes it feels like he's trying to do too much.