• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man can my Sixers get that 2 seed. If they win tomorrow night, they only will be 3 back. Well make it 4 because the Raptors won the season series.

I'm pulling for you guys to do it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man can my Sixers get that 2 seed. If they win tomorrow night, they only will be 3 back. Well make it 4 because the Raptors won the season series.

Not going to happen. Making up 4 games in the loss column with 9 to go isn't realistic

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javale McGee putting up 30 and 20 as usual...wait...wtf?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article was posted on October 4th and dude was spot on.

I like that the article talks about there being 14 teams in the West that'll be difficult to play on a nightly basis with the one easy team to play being the Kings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would they get LeBron without being a lotto team?

Seriously this is a dumb argument. How many titles do the Bulls have minus Jordan? How many titles do the Spurs have minus Duncan? The Celtics went 32 seasons between titles without Larry Bird...

Great players tend to win titles. Great players sustain excellence.

Not sure why you're so hung up in Cleveland in this regard

Titles isn’t the standard for this debate.
Never was.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice deflection. Nothing to do with any of the facts.

Riley signed a ton of guys to shit contracts and you blame everyone but him- the players, the rest of the league.

The buck stops at Riley- and hes the guy that signed guys like Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, Hassan Whiteside, James Johnson, to contracts that he would absolutely love to get out of right now. To contracts that are choking the life out of the team and have forced it into NBA purgatory.

As i said- be happy with your road playoff series and your first round ass whooping---- everything happened JUST AS I PREDICTED IT WOULD---

Heat would be a capped out mess not bad enough to get a high lotto pick and not good enough to make any real noise. I was 100% correct in my prediction. 6th seed first round playoff loss, 9th seed in the East, 8th seed in the East- NBA purgatory.

Yet they still are better then your Cavs this year, will be next year, and then next summer will finally have cap space again and will continue to be better then the Cavs moving forward.

Of course all moves fall on Riley.
As stated, options were limited.
Hindsite is 20/20.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go on from what? We haven't seen post Wade or Riley yet

No. You said the Heat didn't really do anything since Pat Riley was hired. Which is true, but we were also in our 6th/7th year as a franchise. Hiring Riley at that time was a smart thing to do.

Meanwhile the Cavs, more specifically Gilbert doesn't even want to have to pay to keep on a quality GM (oh, but Gilbert will outspend the rest of the NBA). Why do you think David Griffin and the Cavs parted ways? Because they didn't want to commit to him long term.

I mean seriously, Cavs fans talk all of this shit about how Gilbert will willingly outspend the NBA by a record margin (ignoring how the salary cap works), but he won't even pay for a quality GM that bridges everything together. Strange.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice deflection. Nothing to do with any of the facts.

Riley signed a ton of guys to shit contracts and you blame everyone but him- the players, the rest of the league.

The buck stops at Riley- and hes the guy that signed guys like Tyler Johnson, Dion Waiters, Hassan Whiteside, James Johnson, to contracts that he would absolutely love to get out of right now. To contracts that are choking the life out of the team and have forced it into NBA purgatory.

As i said- be happy with your road playoff series and your first round ass whooping---- everything happened JUST AS I PREDICTED IT WOULD---

Heat would be a capped out mess not bad enough to get a high lotto pick and not good enough to make any real noise. I was 100% correct in my prediction. 6th seed first round playoff loss, 9th seed in the East, 8th seed in the East- NBA purgatory.

Back to James Johnson.
Next season doesnt matter.
Theres no expectations this summer.
Then , assuming he opts in, its the last year of the deal.
So, now you are saying that its hard to move players in the Final year of their contracts?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You said the Heat didn't really do anything since Pat Riley was hired. Which is true, but we were also in our 6th/7th year as a franchise. Hiring Riley at that time was a smart thing to do.

Meanwhile the Cavs, more specifically Gilbert doesn't even want to have to pay to keep on a quality GM (oh, but Gilbert will outspend the rest of the NBA). Why do you think David Griffin and the Cavs parted ways? Because they didn't want to commit to him long term.

I mean seriously, Cavs fans talk all of this shit about how Gilbert will willingly outspend the NBA by a record margin (ignoring how the salary cap works), but he won't even pay for a quality GM that bridges everything together. Strange.

That's a fair point

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titles isn’t the standard for this debate.
Never was.

Alright

Bucks one division title in about 40 seasons (did have a nice run with their big 3)

76ers one conference (and yes NBA finals)appearance in 36 seasons even with a possible top 50 guy all time in Iverson

Knicks since 99

Wizards haven't made a conference finals in 40 years

Charlotte 15 years of garbage

Etc etc

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell my Pistons haven't won a playoff series in eleven years.

Some LeBron guy is to blame for some of this for those teams.

The rest is poor roster management and lack of a superstar.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright

Bucks one division title in about 40 seasons (did have a nice run with their big 3)

76ers one conference (and yes NBA finals)appearance in 36 seasons even with a possible top 50 guy all time in Iverson

Knicks since 99

Wizards haven't made a conference finals in 40 years

Charlotte 15 years of garbage

Etc etc

Hell my Pistons haven't won a playoff series in eleven years.

Some LeBron guy is to blame for some of this for those teams.

The rest is poor roster management and lack of a superstar.

So, don’t those numbers support the opinions of the people who say they would rather be competive most seasons vs trying to convince us that sucking for extended periods is a good thing?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, don’t those numbers support the opinions of the people who say they would rather be competive most seasons vs trying to convince us that sucking for extended periods is a good thing?

No.

Because most of those teams haven't been tanking for extended periods.

Really only the 6ers did, and their rebuild has gotten them into contention.

The Wizards and Hornets have always pursued mediocrity and predictably it has gotten them nowhere.

The point is, consistently make moves like the Heat have made over the last 4 years and you might be battling for a playoff spot every season, but you will never be relevant once you get there.

It has been the Wizards blueprint forever. It doesn't work.

But, because Miami is one of the most attractive player destinations out there, all you really need is cap space and a couple young players to hit the reset button. The rest of us don't have that luxury.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Because most of those teams haven't been tanking for extended periods.

Really only the 6ers did, and their rebuild has gotten them into contention.

The Wizards and Hornets have always pursued mediocrity and predictably it has gotten them nowhere.

The point is, consistently make moves like the Heat have made over the last 4 years and you might be battling for a playoff spot every season, but you will never be relevant once you get there.

It has been the Wizards blueprint forever. It doesn't work.

But, because Miami is one of the most attractive player destinations out there, all you really need is cap space and a couple young players to hit the reset button. The rest of us don't have that luxury.

Unrealistic to think that was the Heat plan. Pursue mediocrity?
Does that in any way sound like Pat Riley?

James blindsided them, and then Bosh was forced to medically retire.

So, he had to do something.
He gambled on some players who had an incredible second half the previous season, after he didnt get Hayward ( not a bad thing).

Didnt work out as hoped.
Next summer he can try again.

And you are right, most of these teams just suck for various reasons vs ‘tanking’.
Thing is, fans like @WiggyRuss just won’t accept that, or are in denial.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think there is a more frustrating thing in basketball then watching your favorite team plays James Harden because of the BS he gets away with nightly.

In one game against the Rockets, several of the Lakers players played defense with their hands behind their backs because of the ridiculous calls he was getting.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily the Bucks and Wizards have been mediocre much of that time. The 76ers until the process were also