• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was from me. It wasn't just a 3 game sample size from Harden but a 3 game sample size from Russ and a couple games from Spida Mitchell. That's an 8 game span of guarding elite scoring players who he was a primary defender on him.

3 game sample size on one player doesn't mean anything. 8 game sample size is not great either, but a better indicator of consistently good defense across multiple players.
Must have missed the #s on Russ and Mitchell. But, yeah, 8 games isn't much. and same theory could apply. If he his guy scored, could just say he made good shots, but don't say the opposite when they miss shots (that they could have made them).

I think the guy is a good defender (not sure how many times I can say it) but has to be something there that he's below avg. in nearly every defensive metric. why even have them if they can be so far off?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have missed the #s on Russ and Mitchell. But, yeah, 8 games isn't much. and same theory could apply. If he his guy scored, could just say he made good shots, but don't say the opposite when they miss shots (that they could have made them).

I think the guy is a good defender (not sure how many times I can say it) but has to be something there that he's below avg. in nearly every defensive metric. why even have them if they can be so far off?

Because he ALWAYS guards the other teams best offensive player whether they play 1 or 2 (sometimes even 3).

When you guard a great offensive player every single night, guess what happens to your defensive metrics?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said almost never name call. And, yes, that's true. Not my style.

But the poster so many seem to be going to bat for as some sort of victim has no problem calling people she doesn't know retarded because they don't agree with her. Probably because they like to do the same.

Yeah....ya gotta love this forum.

Almost never doesn't put you in a different category than the people that do.

What you dish out is often what you get back in return. The fact that you have made a regular poster that is beloved by everyone here (outside of yourself, obviously) not want pass the time in this forum anymore speaks volumes on your inability to get along with others in a group setting.

The other distinctive difference is most people here can let the debate go after a page or two. But with you, even when people agree with you, you still manage to find something to argue about. That is what is tiring.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you just don't seem to understand the answer, which has been posted a number of times (ask if you need help)......they tanked, accrued assets and put together a team he would be willing to come back and join.

should Gilbert have told Lebron, "no thanks.....we'd love to have you back and know we put a great team together for you to join, but we'd prefer to see what we can do without you?"

BTW, the topic never changed....it was always me providing this explanation for what he's done without Lebron. Now we'll see what he can do with Lebron completely out of the picture.

You're welcome
So if this was your answer, then what was the point of mentioning the Finals appearances and the 1 title?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dunleavy was a good ball handler and passer. At least that's what I remember of him. He was underwhelming during some games and tended to disappear a lot though. That's kind of why I linked him to Cedi in that they both have similar body types. Hedo had more bulk to work with.

Wait until Cedi starts lifting lol. But he seems to have sneaky good athleticism and length, Dunleavy had the length for sure. Dunleavy could rebound and pass but he was like you said a hit or miss guy and that's what Cedi is now. Should he improve he could be better than Dunleavy and a nice outside shooter as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why those teams being well run means the Cavs should not get their due, though.

It's not so much about them not getting their due. It's hard to quantify how good the Cavs FO has been when they haven't really done anything but tank when they haven't had Lebron.

When Lebron went to Miami, Dan Gilbert wrote a letter to Cleveland fans guaranteeing that the Cavs would win a title before Lebron did.

Then, the Cavs proceeded to tank for 4 years. Nothing necessarily wrong with that as they were able to get enough assets to get Lebron to return and to trade for Kevin Love, which got them 4 finals trips and a title.

Now, with Lebron gone again, it looks like they are tanking again. Although Gilbert didn't promise any titles this time.

Personally, I kind of give them an incomplete. They tanked when Lebron went to Miami instead of winning like Gilbert promised the fans.

But they were also trending in the right direction when he returned and, imo, would likely have at least been a playoff team within a season or 2 had he not returned.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail in Moreno Valley, SNOW in Compton, and Noah and his fucking Ark in Los Angeles.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hail in Moreno Valley, SNOW in Compton, and Noah and his fucking Ark in Los Angeles.
It hailed here so bad a couple of weeks ago that it looked like snow in my backyard & on my back porch. Crazy weather to say the least in Cali.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,891.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hailed here so bad a couple of weeks ago that it looked like snow in my backyard & on my back porch. Crazy weather to say the least in Cali.

Think it's safe to say the drought here is over......nutso.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the Sixers are officially celtics bitches

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Baynes play defense in a game like this shows his value to the Celtics.

Guy knows how to use his body and plays tough as anybody in the NBA.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Baynes play defense in a game like this shows his value to the Celtics.

Guy knows how to use his body and plays tough as anybody in the NBA.
Damn... just as I mention him he gets hurt again.

Ugh!

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again Philly is Boston's bitch. better pray they dont play them in playoffs

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston needs to put Baynes in bubble wrap until the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart being dramatic as always.

Should get ejected