• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's second year in the league he was 13th in the NBA in rebounding and scored over 11 pts a game

Bam in his second year has come off the bench while Kelly Olnyk and James Johnson have each started more games.

enough said.

8.5 points 6.8 rebounds a game? cmon now.

Thats more Larry NAnce territory than Tristan Thompson territory.

Bam splits as a starter are VERY similar to TT 2nd year as a starter.

He is avg 12 and 8 on over 60% shooting as a starter in 28 MPG.

Tristan avg 12 and 9 as a starter on below 50% shooting as a starter in 31 MPG in his 2nd year

How much do you really think Tristan would avg in 20 MPG as a bench player?

Bam #'s as a reserve are obviously solid

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's second year in the league he was 13th in the NBA in rebounding and scored over 11 pts a game

Bam in his second year has come off the bench while Kelly Olnyk and James Johnson have each started more games.

enough said.

8.5 points 6.8 rebounds a game? cmon now.

Thats more Larry NAnce territory than Tristan Thompson territory.

That team won 24 games and was basically tanking. Tyler Zeller was their starting center after Varajao went down and the only other big on their roster who could play a lick was Mo Speights.

Totally different scenario than a Heat team competing for a playoff spot and incentivized to play vets. And you know this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god 2-3 Cavs fans we have on here absolutely ruined this thread.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, overpaid max players get you to where?
K Love status/results?

There are some true, elite worth their weight in gold superstars who do end up usually on championship teams or championship contending teams but they just dont fall from the sky.

We’ve had the debate before.
You’re a bandwaggoner.
Things are looking good. You’ll watch.

As a STH, screw sucking every night.
Ive been through it.
I am a bandwagoner? you are the guy who has pulled the houdini act! lol

what happened is EXACTLY what i said would happen

the Heat would be first round fodder at best, a late lotto team at worst

never good enough to make any noise

never bad enough to get a franchise changing stud in the draft.

they will remain in this putrid purgatory until they clear this awful mess of a cap situation Riley has created- and they do the one thing that EVERY team needs- bring in a STAR

until they do that- clear out all of these stupid contracts to middle class players and find a star-- they will be what they have been the last 2 years and what they are this year

either a first round whipping boy for the real teams, or a team drafting at the back end of the lotto getting nonimpact guys like Bam. (that is when they actually own their pick-- one of the few teams that owes a TOTALLY UNPROTECTED first rounder)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although some of this blame has to go on Riley for having no clue how to build a roster.

You have Olnyk, James Johnson and Whiteside---- and then you draft another big man.

You are paying Whiteside 25M a year to play 25 minutes a night. lol.

You are paying James Jonhson 15M a year to play 20 minutes a night.

The Heat have Richardson, Winslow, Dragic, and had Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington, McGruder and Waiters for their guard perimeter players. I mean, the roster just does not make any sense. Why pay so many guys contracts that are expensive---- the NBA middle class type contract is dying- and the heat double downed on it.

You cant play Richardson, Winslow, Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Waiters, McGruder real rotation minutes. What was the plan?

I mean normal NBA teams try and get a star or two and then fill in some role guys....instead the Heat just paid huge money to have a ton of guys that no one could ever find enough playing time for. It just made no sense.

I said it at the time....a few years ago i said- the Heat are going to be somewhere between a kinda-bad and a mediocre team- and its exactly what has happened

6th seed first round knockout

lotto team missed the playoffs

and now probly 8th seed?

the Heat have one guy that averages 30 minutes or more a game. That is some weird shit. Riley built a fucked up roster that just made no sense.

the only thingi can think of is that he thought when he signed guys that he would have no problem moving some of them-- and that of course turned out to be not-true.

Lots of words, but I agree on the bottom part.
I assume he thought those players would flourish and he’d be able to move them.
Didnt happen.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of words, but I agree on the bottom part.
I assume he thought those players would flourish and he’d be able to move them.
Didnt happen.
how can they flourish when they have to share minutes with 15 guys?! it was fucking stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a bandwagoner? you are the guy who has pulled the houdini act! lol

what happened is EXACTLY what i said would happen

the Heat would be first round fodder at best, a late lotto team at worst

never good enough to make any noise

never bad enough to get a franchise changing stud in the draft.

they will remain in this putrid purgatory until they clear this awful mess of a cap situation Riley has created- and they do the one thing that EVERY team needs- bring in a STAR

until they do that- clear out all of these stupid contracts to middle class players and find a star-- they will be what they have been the last 2 years and what they are this year

either a first round whipping boy for the real teams, or a team drafting at the back end of the lotto getting nonimpact guys like Bam. (that is when they actually own their pick-- one of the few teams that owes a TOTALLY UNPROTECTED first rounder)

Houdini act?
Im occasiinally posting, but like every other year, this is when Im slammed with business.
No time to always be on here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for 4 years the Cavs went balls to the wall and spent more money in the luxury tax then Arison will during the whole time he owns the Miami Heat...and making tons of trades bringing in tons of pieces the cupboards were fairly bare- just like last time

and already- what have the Cavs done? set themselves up to have cap space next summer, got tons of extra draft picks, have a lotto talent in SExton and will add another lotto talent in a couple months- have a ton of expiring contracts to get more assets next trade deadline.

meanwhile the Heat OWE a first round pick to the Clippers thats totally unprotected- are going to get another mediocre draft pick if they are not fortunate enough to edge out the Orlando Magic for the 8t hseed and honor of getting their ass whooped by the Bucks, have no cap space again this summer, and even next summer still have a fair amount of cap commitments for the upteenth year in a row.

Tyler Johnson signing- that was a "D" at best- so bad they had to take back the worthless Ryan Anderson contract.
Kelly Olnyk signing? maybe a C at best? if you could cut him right now and get off his contract I would
James Johnsons awful contract is easily an F- hes here next year AND the year after
Waiters? another long term deal that looks bad

Hassan Whiteside? HAHAHAHA- you know how happy Riley would be if that guy declined his player option?! hed think hed won the lottery. I wouldnt be surprised if they are BEGGING Him to decline that player option.

Winslow has actually shown development- but the Celtics offered the Heat 4 first round picks for him on draft day and dumbass Riley actually said NO! another totally blown opportunity.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Dion was injured? big surprise! lol

Olynk has been good? 10 and 5 and 36% from 3 and shit defense? thats worth 12M?!

His team defense actually been very solid.

Watch the games before you talk shit.

How many Heat games you watched this year? The 3X they embarrassed the Cavs I assume

Also making assumptions on stats alone is pretty dumb if you ask me. There are a lot of things that players do in general that you won't see by going to espn and pulling up their statistics

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for 4 years the Cavs went balls to the wall and spent more money in the luxury tax then Arison will during the whole time he owns the Miami Heat...and making tons of trades bringing in tons of pieces the cupboards were fairly bare- just like last time

and already- what have the Cavs done? set themselves up to have cap space next summer, got tons of extra draft picks, have a lotto talent in SExton and will add another lotto talent in a couple months- have a ton of expiring contracts to get more assets next trade deadline.

meanwhile the Heat OWE a first round pick to the Clippers thats totally unprotected- are going to get another mediocre draft pick if they are not fortunate enough to edge out the Orlando Magic for the 8t hseed and honor of getting their ass whooped by the Bucks, have no cap space again this summer, and even next summer still have a fair amount of cap commitments for the upteenth year in a row.

Tyler Johnson signing- that was a "D" at best- so bad they had to take back the worthless Ryan Anderson contract.
Kelly Olnyk signing? maybe a C at best? if you could cut him right now and get off his contract I would
James Johnsons awful contract is easily an F- hes here next year AND the year after
Waiters? another long term deal that looks bad

Hassan Whiteside? HAHAHAHA- you know how happy Riley would be if that guy declined his player option?! hed think hed won the lottery. I wouldnt be surprised if they are BEGGING Him to decline that player option.

Winslow has actually shown development- but the Celtics offered the Heat 4 first round picks for him on draft day and dumbass Riley actually said NO! another totally blown opportunity.

It would be interesting to do a case study on team owners that inherit their wealth vs self made. The GS warriors owner and Cavs owner and a few others are self made. I would assume the ones who inherited just like to coast, don't have the same cut throat attitude needed to win in business or basketball

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion was injured.
Johnsons were eghhh.

Kelly O has been good.
Tyler Johnson was such a bad contract htat you had to eat Ryan Andersons 20M dollar salary for next year to get rid of him.

youd have to give up a fuck ton to get someone to take James Johnsons deal which is 15M next year and a player option worth 16M the FOLLOWING year that makes him positively unmovable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team defense actually been very solid.

Watch the games before you talk shit.

How many Heat games you watched this year? The 3X they embarrassed the Cavs I assume
gmafb ---- kelly onlyk cant even move and he is forced to play PF becuase you have whiteside and bam- the guy coudlnt guard traditional power fowards worth a damn let alone todays small ball lineups where he gets smoked off the ball.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Johnson was such a bad contract htat you had to eat Ryan Andersons 20M dollar salary for next year to get rid of him.

youd have to give up a fuck ton to get someone to take James Johnsons deal which is 15M next year and a player option worth 16M the FOLLOWING year that makes him positively unmovable.

James Johnson is unmoveable? You said Tyler Johnson was untradeable......how'd that work out again?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gmafb ---- kelly onlyk cant even move and he is forced to play PF becuase you have whiteside and bam- the guy coudlnt guard traditional power fowards worth a damn let alone todays small ball lineups where he gets smoked off the ball.

Once again how many Heat games did you watch to come to this conclusion?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean would the Heat lose anything if Olnyk, Johnson, Waiters, and their contracts were just gone?

James Johnson is unmoveable? You said Tyler Johnson was untradeable......how'd that work out again?
he was traded for another guy whose contract was fucking terrible for the same length of time!!!

are you insane DJ?!! do you realize what you just said?

he was traded for a guy who makes 20M next year who is unplayable!!!!!

it was trading one of the worst contracts out there for another one of the worst contracts out there.

you got off of Mozgovs AWFUL contract too- by giving up a big time fucking asset----

if you are willing to give up a big time asset- or take back an equally shitty asset- you can move just about anyone--- and thats what hte heat did- take back an equally shitty contract of Johnsons shitty contract.

at least they werent stupid like the Lakers and stretched him like the Lakers did with Deng--- the Lakers oculd have just sat on DEng in this lost season and been out from under his deal

instead now they owe him 5M a year THIS year AND THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

the summer you want to go Anthony Davis hunting in free agency Deng will still cost you 5M against your cap--- when you could have just had him play it out in this lost season when you are TANKING with LEBRON JAMES!! LOL