• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you didn't ask me but I'll take a swing. Assuming healthy next season and as productive as he was when he played this year I'll say something along the lines of 3 years, 35-40 mil though really hard to say. He's had his big deal so he might decide to take less to play for a title contender.

I think he needs to put dollars first.
Child support gets expensive.
My guess is 10M or less, and I guess less but if prob depends of how that summers FA is going as far as teams having money to spend.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...lets look at the k's for some big men:

Al Horford: PO 30M next year
Marvin Williams: 15M a year
B. Biyombo: 17M a year
Robin Lopez made almost 15M a year this year
Dwight Powell: 10M next year
Mason Plumlee: 14M next year
Drummond: 27M next year
Shitside: 27M player option that Pat Riley would give his left testicle for Whiteside to decline nnext year
Myles Turner : 17.5M next year
Gallanari: 22M next year
Valunciunas 17M next year
James Johnson 15M next year
Kelly Olnyk 12M next year
Gorgeiu Dieng 16M next year
Steven Adams: 26M next year
Aaron Gordon: 20M next year
Timo Mozgov: 17M next year
Ryan Anderson: 20M next year
Derrick Favors: 16M next year
Ian Mahimi: 16M next year

so, maybe Thompson at 13M is a little underestimating...should be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is 10M or less, and I guess less but if prob depends of how that summers FA is going as far as teams having money to spend.
if shitbags like Olnyk get 12M and James Johnson get 15M , TT is going to EASILY get over 10M....gmafb.

Ian Mahimi is getting 15.5 M next year , lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...lets look at the k's for some big men:

Al Horford: PO 30M next year
Marvin Williams: 15M a year
B. Biyombo: 17M a year
Robin Lopez made almost 15M a year this year
Dwight Powell: 10M next year
Mason Plumlee: 14M next year
Drummond: 27M next year
Shitside: 27M player option that Pat Riley would give his left testicle for Whiteside to decline nnext year
Myles Turner : 17.5M next year
Gallanari: 22M next year
Valunciunas 17M next year
James Johnson 15M next year
Kelly Olnyk 12M next year
Gorgeiu Dieng 16M next year
Steven Adams: 26M next year
Aaron Gordon: 20M next year
Timo Mozgov: 17M next year
Ryan Anderson: 20M next year
Derrick Favors: 16M next year
Ian Mahimi: 16M next year

so, maybe Thompson at 13M is a little underestimating...should be interesting.

A lot of those guys happened right at the cap spike though, so a lot of those numbers are outliers. Teams are much smarter these days with their cap management. That being said I think 10M a year for TT would be definitely low.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me give this a try.

MVP- Love

DPOY- Tristan

6th Man- JR Smith

ROY- Sexton

MIP- Nance, Jr.

COY- Lue
800px-Rainbow-diagram-ROYGBIV.svg.png

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of those guys happened right at the cap spike though, so a lot of those numbers are outliers. Teams are much smarter these days with their cap management. That being said I think 10M a year for TT would be definitely low.
i still cannot belive that fucking contract the Lakers gave Timo Mozgov...lol

half way into the first year of a 4 year deal they started sitting him. Think about that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

half way into the first year of a 4 year deal they started sitting him. Think about that.

Kent Bazemore
Allen Crabbe
Ian Mahinmi
Bismack Biyombo

And that's not to mention failed deals of 80M for both KCP and Nerlens Noel.

Lots of terrible contracts were given out. I don't think you can compare the contracts of today to what TT can reasonable expect to be given. Also the creation of the supermax contract now makes teams more wary of who to give money to. They have to brace for their own potential super max contracts in the future or be in luxury tax hell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs gave him 3 years 39 i would be good with that- though it obviously depends on how he plays next year and if they trade him at the deadline.....he will be expiring and I am sure a contender could use a big man who is unselfish, is one of the better reboudners (especially on the offensive glass), never needs plays run for him, is a good leader, ahs playoff experience and can switch the pnr.......

itll be itneresting to see if he is dealt or not. Cavs have a TON of expiring contracts next year-

Thompson 18.5
Clarkson 14
Delly 11
Henson 11
Knight 15

are the big ones

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kent Bazemore
Allen Crabbe
Ian Mahinmi
Bismack Biyombo

And that's not to mention failed deals of 80M for both KCP and Nerlens Noel.

Lots of terrible contracts were given out. I don't think you can compare the contracts of today to what TT can reasonable expect to be given. Also the creation of the supermax contract now makes teams more wary of who to give money to. They have to brace for their own potential super max contracts in the future or be in luxury tax hell.
oh yah--- its why despite the cap being much bigger than when Thompson signed- i think he will go from making 18.5 to 13.....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs gave him 3 years 39 i would be good with that- though it obviously depends on how he plays next year and if they trade him at the deadline.....he will be expiring and I am sure a contender could use a big man who is unselfish, is one of the better reboudners (especially on the offensive glass), never needs plays run for him, is a good leader, ahs playoff experience and can switch the pnr.......

itll be itneresting to see if he is dealt or not. Cavs have a TON of expiring contracts next year-

Thompson 18.5
Clarkson 14
Delly 11
Henson 11
Knight 15

are the big ones

I see 3 years 39M being about the right number for him. Starting caliber player, but not a star. That seems right to me.

The market really though will dictate where he goes. On the flip side, teams with analytics may not value TT more so than a guy like Ed Davis versus their potential contracts. Basically he'd be a slightly lesser version of TT, but with 1/3rd of the price tag.

It'll be interesting to see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's also possible, but if he wants to hold out for most money I think he'd get more. Guys like Dieng can get in the $15 mil range.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always liked the guy but was stunned when that deal was signed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see 3 years 39M being about the right number for him. Starting caliber player, but not a star. That seems right to me.

The market really though will dictate where he goes. On the flip side, teams with analytics may not value TT more so than a guy like Ed Davis versus their potential contracts. Basically he'd be a slightly lesser version of TT, but with 1/3rd of the price tag.

It'll be interesting to see.
also the possibility he would be willing to chase one more title and take less since he has had his big payday.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's also possible, but if he wants to hold out for most money I think he'd get more. Guys like Dieng can get in the $15 mil range.

I think TT is going to be a guy who if he holds out, it will actually end up hurting his value, rather than helping. In order for him to get a big money contract he's going to need to be one of the first guys to sign. The further time goes along, teams will have more leverage, and possibly less cap space to give. IMO.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the possibility he would be willing to chase one more title and take less since he has had his big payday.

As a guy who had a ring, and will likely be around the age of 29 at the time of his next contact, it's his last shot at a big one. I doubt he would take less, again because he already has one of the most accomplished championships of all time in his back pocket.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a guy who had a ring, and will likely be around the age of 29 at the time of his next contact, it's his last shot at a big one. I doubt he would take less, again because he already has one of the most accomplished championships of all time in his back pocket.
That's an excellent point....no need to chase a title for a couple reasons. One, he already has one. And second, not like he's one of those players whose career will be defined by how many titles he won.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my mistake I wasn't aware there were other reasons they broke up.

Ok, if this is true I was taken in by the headlines (not that I've seen proof to back this). LA didn't want to pay a 31-year-old Shaq?

But good on Phillip for being able to win with arguably the best player in the game (maybe the 2 best).
:fify:

The bold sentence is how adults would've responded. Pretty ironic, yet again, that you're calling me the kid.

#You'reWelcome

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if shitbags like Olnyk get 12M and James Johnson get 15M , TT is going to EASILY get over 10M....gmafb.

Ian Mahimi is getting 15.5 M next year , lol

Lots of money was thrown around a couple years back, if u recall.

And for the record, Kelly O>> Tristan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You saying he spends a lot of time not trying is the reason he is below avg. in nearly every metric created by guys who know more than we do?

No. I said the team specifically.

But yeah. I think most fans would agree Klay doesn't bring his A defensive effort every night. But on his worst day he is still better than most.