• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Mayfields league now homes

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Amico‏Verified account @AmicoHoops 12m12 minutes ago
#Pelicans reportedly intend to rebuff any attempts by #Lakers to trade for Anthony Davis. #NBA

A Los Angeles Lakers trade for New Orleans Pelicans star big man Anthony Davis is unlikely this summer, according to Marc Spears of ESPN.

“I have been told that there’s no way Anthony Davis is coming here, through the Pelicans,” Spears said on ESPN (via NBC Sports). They’re just not going to do it.”

The Lakers tried to complete a deal for Davis ahead of the trade deadline in early February, reportedly offering their young core of Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and several others, as well as multiple first-round picks. But the Pelicans rebuffed the offers, opting instead to try again to trade Davis during the summer.

Davis requested a trade in January. He is eligible for free agency in July 2020. His agent, Rich Paul, also represents Lakers star LeBron James, and it is believed Paul leaked the parameters of the proposed trade to the media.

ESPN personality Michael Wilbon, on the set with Spears, said he had heard similar news about the Lakers and Davis.

According to a report from Ric Bucher of Bleacher Report, Lakers owner Jeanie Buss contemplated trading James after being upset by Paul communicating with the media.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive rebounding is defense because it's part of playing defense.

If a team plays great defense and prevents/hinders the initial shot, but ends up giving up points because they didn't finish the defense by giving up an offensive rebound, their initial great defense doesn't really matter. At least with respect to that particular possession.

True.

But, the other side of that coin is if you can't defend and the offensive player makes the shot, rebounding skill doesn't matter at all.

Good big defenders do both. Not 1 or the other. Kevin Love is not a good defender.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though.

Why the hell do we all spend so much time discussing the freaking Cavs on here?

We all know the Cavs posters can't be objective when it comes to their team. I think it is a prerequisite to be a Cleveland fan.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though.

Why the hell do we all spend so much time discussing the freaking Cavs on here?

We all know the Cavs posters can't be objective when it comes to their team. I think it is a prerequisite to be a Cleveland fan.

Most of the posters entertain it too much IMO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not the main driving force. Hindering/preventing the initial shot is the main force. The rebound just finishes the play, so to speak.
thats true

its a good call.

I mean, without boxing out and rebounding it doesnt matter how good your defense at the shot is- if yo ucant get a rebound its all for naught.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if the Lakers end up giving the best offer and the PElicans turn it down- its stupid by them to just act bitter and hurt yourself

but i gotta say

its fucking hilarious that they decided that there payback for the Lakers and MAgic and Paul trying to leverage them is to give them a big FU.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs got THUMPED. they were due for an ass kicking.....still pretty short in the front court as well with no TT and Nance. No Delly either.....

Johhny Fly ergg.....Colin Sexton has areally played some great ball lately.

I would give his rookie year a solid B+ at this point

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion looks amazing in his first 7 minutes back.

2 powerful dunks and a 3 ball.