• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious after all those discussions last year......thoughts on Casey as a coach?

Not wondering if Raps screwed up as I agree sometimes a change is needed.

Better than SVG but one of SVG's issues is he is a shit GM.

He has had some weird rotations at times though.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit off topic , but does anyone here think there are at least 2 or 3 playoff bound teams who might be interested in signing Melo for the remainder of the season, and keeping him eligible for the post season??

I believe he can definitely help a few teams off the bench.

What say you?

Did Houston ever cut their ties with him, or finalize a buyout?

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my husband had a daughter with a woman from a devout Mormon family in Utah 2 years prior to us dating .

The Mother ran afoul with the Law * drugs from being excommunicated * and was incarcerated.

Nobody in the family would take the girl because my husband is half Belize and half Mexican and she went into foster care.

It was a fucking horror show.

I ended up getting custody and adopting her a year later.

I will never forget the way that family treated my child.

Disgusting.

With that being said, not all of Utah's residents fall into that category.

One of the bio-Mom's Aunts is the one who hunted us down and alerted me to my daughter's situation.

She couldn't/wouldn't take her. But, she at least made the effort to find someone who would.

had to deal with that from my wife's side of the family with MY 2 half-breed kids...

racism = ignorance

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston who went to Game 7 of ECF nothing special? Not elite, but a very good team who played excellent team defense.

Yes.

A good team. Nothing special.

They bring that exact team to the playoffs this year and the best case would be a 2nd round exit.

East was hot garbage last year. Every team had major flaws. It is much better this year at the top.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta respect that man. That was a hell of an effort. He fully committed.

He gots more hops than Nikola Jokic. The Joke's definitely on the white men can't jump roster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will surely be investigated.

If the fan's side is accurate, then Russ needs to get suspended for multiple games. If his comment to "sit down and ice your knees" caused Russ to threaten him and his wife, then Russ is 100% in the wrong and he can expect more fans to bait him in the future.

Maybe I am missing something, but on Russ' side, how is "get on your knees like you used to" a racial thing? Homophobic I can see. But racist? Am I missing something?

Also, the Fan's side of the story seems more believable to me. Especially considering that Russ was literally sitting out with ice packs on his knees when the exchange took place.

It is also very possible that Russ misheard the fan.

Heckling has been part of pro sports for as long as I have been alive. When it crosses the line, the fan in question should be removed and possibly banned. If the NBA is wants to make rules against heckling in general, then go for it.

In the meantime though, Russ needs to get thicker skin and focus on the court. He is a public figure getting paid 30 some million a year to play basketball. He is always going to be heckled by opposing fans. Especially now that he has shown they can get under his skin.

Agree with all of this. Also, you may well be right about Wetbrook not hearing him correctly. I assumed and chose not to believe the fans side because apparently, he targeted Westbrook in his social media and some of that said to racial.

Westbrook and all players, owners (looking at you Dolan), etc. just can't get into altercations, verbal or otherwise, with fans. It's a battle they are never going to win.

On message boards we say "Don't feed the trolls". In a sports arena it should be "Don't feed the idiots".

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. Also, you may well be right about Wetbrook not hearing him correctly. I assumed and chose not to believe the fans side because apparently, he targeted Westbrook in his social media and some of that said to racial.

Westbrook and all players, owners (looking at you Dolan), etc. just can't get into altercations, verbal or otherwise, with fans. It's a battle they are never going to win.

On message boards we say "Don't feed the trolls". In a sports arena it should be "Don't feed the idiots".

They investigated it and confirms Russ side which is why the fan is banned forever now

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, he's a finished product after 2 years. Nothing more to see here.

Well, we didn't see much growth from Ball going from year 1 to year 2. If you're making the argument that he's not a bust at the position given that he's the #2 pick, maybe point out things he's improved on. He's a solid defender, but not much else. Also, for a guard, how do you shoot below 50% from the FT line? How does Shaq have a better career FT% than a guard?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it could be a combination of the fan getting too far out of his lane and RW doing too much in response. He does have a history of being a hot head when it comes to fans that heckle him. They were showing all of his priors and it started to look like a pattern for him.