• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not sure which of us is interpreting this wrong.

I have seen a few articles that suggest you are right, others that say I am.

Check out this scenario....

@CitySushi , @LAD, @yoga≈surfing , @msgkings322

Warriors fans would probably hate it. But, they are experts at reclamation projects.

If Durant leaves...

This deal wouldn't make them SPLASHtastic on a Pacific Ocean level, like having Durant.

But, Damn if they couldn't still drown your ass in 3's in that above ground swimming pool.

The sign-and-trade

The other long-shot option to replace Durant would be to execute a sign-and-trade. There is certainly little hope of that with the Knicks now that they have opened up two max slots. However the Clippers, should Durant decide to join Jerry West (who let’s not forget was crucial in recruiting Durant to the Warriors) and another max star there, might be interested.

The Clippers currently don’t quite have enough cap room for two max salaries due to the combination of Danilo Gallinari’s salary ($22.6m) and Lou Williams ($8m). So they would presumably be quite happy to move off that salary in order to carve out enough space for another max player. For the Warriors, if Durant is leaving for nothing, a sign-and-trade for a package centered around Gallinari and Williams would work out nicely. Gallinari can play the starting small forward or small-ball power forward and would be a nice fit around the core of Curry, Thompson, Iguodala, and Green. What’s more Gallinari’s contract only runs through 2019/20, meaning it frees up the Warriors cap space the following summer. Meanwhile, Williams would add the sort of scoring punch off the bench the Warriors have never had.
Yea, I like the idea of Williams coming off the bench. But, with KD leaving (in this hypothetical situation) and Boogie also gone it would seem more likely Williams is moved to the starting line up, which would leave the bench in the same spot they're in now.

And Gallinari is hit or miss realistically. When he played for GS in the "we believe" era he wasn't as consistent as he's been in LA....so I wouldn't be excited about this deal. Would rather see the Dubs persue other available options in free agency.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I was at the game on Friday against the Nuggets which was probably the Warriors best game all year. They put together an amazing defensive performance and kept the Nuggets at bay all night.

But Klay last game blasted the fans and I 1000000% agree with him. I sat in the lower bowl and basically there was zero enthusiasm from the stands. It's crazy. It's like no one knew the Warriors were playing the 2nd best team in the Western Conference. I was literally the first one up out of my seat before everyone else when big plays were happening.

The fans in the arena are super weak. The upper deck is still lit though, but any fans in the lower bowl don't know what the fuck is going on.
What's funny is I thought of you when I heard Klay's comments about the fans. I remember you mentioning something about this before in the sense that fans don't appreciate this team on a regular basis.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is I thought of you when I heard Klay's comments about the fans. I remember you mentioning something about this before in the sense that fans don't appreciate this team on a regular basis.

Yeah, I wrote this before the Klay comments, lol. I'm on that Joey Light Years train.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Westbrook and fan thing:

According to the fan, he told Westbrook to "ice his knees", Westbrook says that the fan told him to "get on his knees".

Based on what has been said about that fans social media, it looks like the fan may have gone in with an agenda. Looks like there was a lot of stuff that targeted Westbrook.

I don't believe the fan just said "ice your knees" and the fan was wrong because it's likely that he crossed a line.

On the other hand, Westbrook can't be getting into it with fans. He should have gone to security and asked to have the fan removed. He was also wrong for threatening the guys wife, who apparently didn't say anything.

Agree that the NBA needs to crack down on some of the fan behavior that is going on.

Basic heckling, booing, telling a guy he sucks, is fine. But you can't be getting personal, going racial, etc. Not only is it wrong to say those kinds of things to players, but it ruins the experience for the other fans as well.

On the other hand, players can't be getting into it with fans. It's a bad look for them, their team and the league. It also makes them a target in every arena because there are idiot fans everywhere and it shows them that they can get into the guys head.

This will surely be investigated.

If the fan's side is accurate, then Russ needs to get suspended for multiple games. If his comment to "sit down and ice your knees" caused Russ to threaten him and his wife, then Russ is 100% in the wrong and he can expect more fans to bait him in the future.

Maybe I am missing something, but on Russ' side, how is "get on your knees like you used to" a racial thing? Homophobic I can see. But racist? Am I missing something?

Also, the Fan's side of the story seems more believable to me. Especially considering that Russ was literally sitting out with ice packs on his knees when the exchange took place.

It is also very possible that Russ misheard the fan.

Heckling has been part of pro sports for as long as I have been alive. When it crosses the line, the fan in question should be removed and possibly banned. If the NBA is wants to make rules against heckling in general, then go for it.

In the meantime though, Russ needs to get thicker skin and focus on the court. He is a public figure getting paid 30 some million a year to play basketball. He is always going to be heckled by opposing fans. Especially now that he has shown they can get under his skin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cavs team did beat Boston. Yeah took 7 games. Just not a good matchup for Toronto.

And Boston wasn't anything special either.

Who was their best player last post season?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh...i dunno

if your PG cant shoot that sure puts you behind the 8 ball.....even if they can score , if they cant space thats not necesarily a good thing.....

i dunno

If the guy who has the ball can't shoot, it isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as he can attack the rim and occupy help defenders.

The real problem comes when you have multiple guys who don't have the ball and can't shoot.

That is why Lonzo and LeBron is a bad pairing. Not just because Lonzo can't shoot, but because he won't have the ball in his hands AND he can't shoot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See @Montalban

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been seeing this a lot on Twitter today

Everybody can't have classy fans like Miami.
classy-ladies.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Boston wasn't anything special either.

Who was their best player last post season?
Boston who went to Game 7 of ECF nothing special? Not elite, but a very good team who played excellent team defense.