• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here- i could do a better job than Magic and Pelinka

instead of Beasley, KCP, Rondo, Stephenson- sign Tony Parker, Jeff Green, Wayne Ellington, and Nik Stauskas, and keep Brook Lopez.......youd STILL have like pleny of money left over to get one more guy too

So, you have the power to make players sign regardless of what they want? KCP was a package deal with Lebron, whether they would acknowledge that or not. He was kept at a solid salary as "payment" for getting his (and Lebron's) agent in the building and getting Lebron to LA.

Besides, Brook Lopez was not needed, Thomas Bryant was. The Lakers were routinely criticized for Lopez' play last season, yet everyone now thinks he should've been retained. The guy is the worst rebounding big I can remember, very slow, and was taking bad threes and is only an OK shooter from that range.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 @Stakesarehigh @Shanemansj13

sounds like there is a rumor going around that the Browns are engaging the Giants for OBJ.

That would be interesting. If the cost is 2 first rounders - thats too much in my opinion, but if it was a first and a third id be down.

can you imagine this offense with Baker at QB, OBJ, Landry at WR, Njoku at TE and Chubb and Hunt at RB?!?!?!?!
It would be exciting, no doubt, and sorry to bring it up, but I see NFL rumors no differently than NBA.....anyone can say anything as there is no accountability. I remember last year some early trades went down and Browns' fans were crying. Then the next day we made 3 deals no one saw coming.

Just don't see a FO telling anyone outside the organization about deals that have not gone down. Kind of awkward to the players if they don't happen.

As for the deals, I keep thinking if Dorsey is gonna make a huge deal it would be for defense. But OBJ here would be exciting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca; what do you think about all this inflated discussion of Zubac? I think it's just another way for the media to criticize the Lakers, and shortsighted for that matter. Apparently none of them noticed he only played 14 minutes against the Lakers on Monday, putting up 7/4. Muscala (who he was traded for) played 15 and put up 6/1, so almost a wash lol.

Nobody looks at the fact they waived Thomas Bryant, which I will continue to harp on since he's from my hometown and I was excited for him when they drafted him. Dammit dammit dammit.

They gave up on Bryant so damn fast. 1 year?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Space Jam II and rap albums with 2 Chainz and docu series on HBO and ESPN.....living in the LA sunshine....

hell for all we know this is how he planned it.

it was obvious that winning basketball was not his primary motivation in coming to LA. That was plain as day. If winning basketball was his primary motivation and the biggest thing for him, he would not be in LA right now.
No...had to be he left because Gilbert traded Kyrie who he couldn't bother to call and try and keep.

I have no doubt it was to be in LA. Nothing else mattered. Hell, if he was mad at DG and wanted to win, he'd have gone to Philly.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the last 7 since his return. Figured you could figure that out. Now 5 of 8.

Small sample size, just completely overlook the first 4 games he played in earlier this season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know man, I know. Everyone in philly are just shaking their head right now

Philly minus the points was a no-brainer....just goes to show anything can and will happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS are the #3 if Lebron never got hurt.
We are all just rushing to pile on LBJ and somehow blame his bad play for this.

The Lakers were actually a somewhat credible threat to scare GSW and make some noise as a darkhorse prior to it.
The injury was probably worse than believed.

I think Lebron came back too soon. He looks out of shape and slowed down.
I am personally going to give him a pass on this one. This seems more like an injury thing than willpower/intensity.

He just might not be physically right.
It is too easy to crack jokes on his behalf.

You can tell on drives to the basket. He doesn't have the same explosiveness to blow past guys and finish at the rim. It's also effecting his ability to close games.

His numbers are still good because he's smart and knows how to play. But there's a very noticeable difference in how he was playing before the injury vs. now.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still not all the way back... lack of explosion being the most notable short-coming... but a big game shot like this shows a noticeable uptick in decisiveness and confidence with Mr Hayward which is a welcome sight.

Gordon making the game winning play look smooth and easy:

He'll be fine and I think he's a better fit with the kids that played so well last postseason.....Irving should be gone.

But, the glue? Horford needs to be brought back when his contract is up.....at a smaller salary of course.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Cavs were supposed to be losing to get Zion? :scratch:

That's what you've been telling everybody all season.....LOL.
And why we are hoping Love has a "setback".

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS are the #3 if Lebron never got hurt.
We are all just rushing to pile on LBJ and somehow blame his bad play for this.

The Lakers were actually a somewhat credible threat to scare GSW and make some noise as a darkhorse prior to it.
The injury was probably worse than believed.

I think Lebron came back too soon. He looks out of shape and slowed down.
I am personally going to give him a pass on this one. This seems more like an injury thing than willpower/intensity.

He just might not be physically right.
It is too easy to crack jokes on his behalf.

This and most people will because they know this season they weren't winning shit. It's his "red-shirt" season......LOL.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has a lot to do with LeBron.
He tried to trade this entire team. Chemistry was destroyed because of him.
He milks it during games. Blames others for everything.

Why all the hate on Bron? You should happy only happy because he's not the Raptors conference anymore. You blame Magic for trying to trade the whole team. You blame Magic for messing up the chemistry. This was rolling until James got hurt, and before the trade rumors started.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they make the move to grab him and this doesn't turn out like going for Andre Rison lol

But man they have 80 mil in cap space and you'd have to think If they go for Obj they will start spending it.
This is definitely the time to spend while they have their QB on his rookie deal. wont be long before they also have to pay Garrett and to a lesser degree Peppers...then Ward.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rooting for him to make it...just not at the expense of my Spurs

I would much rather see Lebron in the playoffs than the forgettable teams in the 6-8 seeds right now.
And everyone outside of central Texas, would probably rather see them over the Spurs as well in that group.

IWhy the fuck would anyone want Lebron to miss the playoffs???
There is literally no sane reason to root for the Clippers, Kings, Spurs, or Jazz to get in over Lebron.

Unless you are a diehard fan of one of those teams, you should root for good basketball entertainment instead.
Lebron brings that in spades.

The Playoffs are better if Lebron makes it.
Then he should have gone to a team with better players and/or a better FO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least your games are close, lol. We got a fringe NBA player in Caruso outperforming a lot of the team.

On the bright side, my boy Wagner is getting minutes. Not sure why LA fans aren't as hyped about him as they were about Zubac.

Wagner could turn out to be a steal where they got him.