• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs look set out west.

Whoever play the Warriors likely get swept or lose in 5

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still not all the way back... lack of explosion being the most notable short-coming... but a big game shot like this shows a noticeable uptick in decisiveness and confidence with Mr Hayward which is a welcome sight.

Gordon making the game winning play look smooth and easy:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick White has been a godsend....clearly the Spurs uncovering a diamond again and team glue

No surprise the losing streak started when he got hurt, and the current winning streak started when he got back

Especially with Murray out, that PG depth has really been tested. White took full advantage of his opportunity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some moments in sports are just perfect, like LeBron's chase down block in game 7 culminating in a title for NE Ohio. and then there's LeBron chasing down MJ, wearing purple and gold, 5 games below .500, 6.5 games behind the 8-seed, greeted by Rajon Rondo and Alex Caruso

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here- i could do a better job than Magic and Pelinka

instead of Beasley, KCP, Rondo, Stephenson- sign Tony Parker, Jeff Green, Wayne Ellington, and Nik Stauskas, and keep Brook Lopez.......youd STILL have like pleny of money left over to get one more guy too

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least your games are close, lol. We got a fringe NBA player in Caruso outperforming a lot of the team.

On the bright side, my boy Wagner is getting minutes. Not sure why LA fans aren't as hyped about him as they were about Zubac.

That third team almost stole the game back from the Nuggets last night. Nice to see Walton finally showing the cajones to sit the vets that weren't showing effort, basically looking down the bench and asking who actually wanted to play hard tonight. Sad that it results in a lineup featuring Caruso, Williams, and Wagner (two 2-way players and a rookie) that easily outplays the starters.

Time to clear out the 1 year contract guys that aren't putting forth effort (or at least benching them) and giving the effort guys their minutes. Lebron fit in well with this group, and would do even better if he would cut some of that iso ball out (including the walk the ball up only to hold the ball and take a bad three routine).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point about the zubac trade here

Mecca; what do you think about all this inflated discussion of Zubac? I think it's just another way for the media to criticize the Lakers, and shortsighted for that matter. Apparently none of them noticed he only played 14 minutes against the Lakers on Monday, putting up 7/4. Muscala (who he was traded for) played 15 and put up 6/1, so almost a wash lol.

Nobody looks at the fact they waived Thomas Bryant, which I will continue to harp on since he's from my hometown and I was excited for him when they drafted him. Dammit dammit dammit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

We don't anything aside from what actually happened.

My belief is that GS would have won both years if both teams were 100%.

My guess is that you believe the opposite. And that is fine.

Reality is that each team got 1 and both titles were deserved.
entitled to opinion of course, but seems odd. You realize the equivalent to Kyrie and Love being out 11 of 12 games (the #2 and #3) is Klay and Green being out 11 of 12 games and not Green out 1 and Bogut out 1-2 of 14?

Of course...no way to know.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some moments in sports are just perfect, like LeBron's chase down block in game 7 culminating in a title for NE Ohio. and then there's LeBron chasing down MJ, wearing purple and gold, 5 games below .500, 6.5 games behind the 8-seed, greeted by Rajon Rondo and Alex Caruso

It'll be interesting to see how the crowd reacts when he passes Kobe. He might be better off doing it on the road. His move to LA has been a complete disaster, at least on the court. But maybe he's at the point he doesn't care about basketball because why go to LA in the first place if it's about basketball?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs also won the game that he missed. By a lot.

And recovery from a concussion is much different than recovery from a knee injury. Once you clear concussion protocol, you should be full go as long as the protocol was handled by the book.

As for Kyrie's knee?

The issue is recovery time.

Kyrie missed games early in the year, came back to a minutes limit and sat out random regular season games so that he could be fully healthy for the playoffs.

Curry got hurt in the playoffs and missed like 8 playoff games. If that same injury occured in the regular season, he would have missed at least a month and been eased back in like Kyrie was. He not eased back in. He immediately returned to a full work load because his team needed him to advance.

Is everybody somewhat less than 100% in the NBA Fonals?

Yes.

But Curry was probably closer to 75%.

And that doesn't take anything away from Cleveland. They won and deserved it just like GS did in 2015.
Great, then credit the Cavs for winning without one of their better players as opposed to discounting a Cavs win because Green kept kicking guys in the nads (I get you didn't really do this).

I guess I just wonder did Curry forget he was 75% in games 2, 4 and 6? Guys have good games and bad sometimes. Injured or not.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how the crowd reacts when he passes Kobe. He might be better off doing it on the road. His move to LA has been a complete disaster, at least on the court. But maybe he's at the point he doesn't care about basketball because why go to LA in the first place if it's about basketball?
Space Jam II and rap albums with 2 Chainz and docu series on HBO and ESPN.....living in the LA sunshine....

hell for all we know this is how he planned it.

it was obvious that winning basketball was not his primary motivation in coming to LA. That was plain as day. If winning basketball was his primary motivation and the biggest thing for him, he would not be in LA right now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See,

You can't do that though. There is no equivalent.

Because GS was all about the system. Losing any 1 of their big 3 crippled the entire thing.

As long as LeBron was on the floor, Cleveland was formidable to all but the KD Warriors.

If you made a pie chart and divided the percentage of team success attributable to the play of their stars, Cleveland's would have looked something KD this:

LeBron 65%
Kyrie 25%
Love 10%

2016 GS would look more like this:

Curry 40%
Dray 30%
Klay 25%
Iggy 5%
Did you miss Game 1 in 2015? Kyrie had one hell of a game. 23 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. Played pretty well in 2016, as well. Thinking 25% is greatly shortchanging him.

I'm sorry, but the idea you had Curry at 40 and Dray at 30 with The discrepancy you did with Kyrie and Lebron is a little comical.