• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a little 'spergy. Obvious stuff is hard for them. And I'm not even trying to insult with that, it's how he argues.
you claimed wamu thought Love and Klay were similar.
You were shown multiple posts that proved otherwise
You could not own your gaffe

Simple as that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I disagree that the narrative on Love would be different if he acted like Draymond.

And clearly you and I disagree on Draymond. While I don't like his antics at times, he earned his rep as an elite defender with his play. Honestly, the antics only hurt him in debates like these because a lot of people don't like him.

So if Kevin Love acted like that, it would hurt his cause. IT defintely wouldn't help.
agree to disagree on that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you are screwing this up is, not every 'inside guy' is the same level. So while one might prefer Klay to an inside guy of Love's caliber, that has nothing to do with if one would prefer Klay to a better inside guy like AD or Embiid.

This is trivially obvious to neurotypicals.
First I was "screwing it up" because you said wamu thought Love and Klay were similar. Now having been proven wrong there you come up with this? at least without saying it at least you seem aware he did not think they were similar.

You are pure comedy. Please never change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,

And barkley was really only a liability later in his career when he lost some of his bounce.

Early career he was pretty solid. And probably athletic enough that 6er Charles would have been solid today too.
Athletic enough? Maybe. But so are Lebron and even Kyrie. Problem is they don't try and/or are often to lazy to play defense.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you claimed wamu thought Love and Klay were similar.
You were shown multiple posts that proved otherwise
You could not own your gaffe

Simple as that.

No I claimed that preferring Klay to Love doesn't imply preferring Klay to AD. You were shown multiple posts that proved so, you can not own this gaffe (among others).

If you want me to agree that Wamu thinks Klay is way better than Love, sure I agree. If that's a gaffe to you, then you got your apology.

Now your turn. Admit that preferring Klay to Love does not at all logically imply preferring Klay to AD. Or don't, since you don't seem to be able to.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers lose to Phoenix tonight does Walton get fired?

I mean, i fully expect the Lakerst o beat Phoenix...like 95%...but if they dont...
I think he survives the season. At this point, only alternative would most likely be an interim fro the staff. Not sure how that helps......or maybe Lebron as coach?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I was "screwing it up" because you said wamu thought Love and Klay were similar. Now having been proven wrong there you come up with this? at least without saying it at least you seem aware he did not think they were similar.

You are pure comedy. Please never change.

Sorry I ruined the comedy, because I changed. See post 24405

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compulsive repetition is also a sign of autism.

But moving goalposts is just being a bad faith arguer. You went from "Wamu's logic says he prefers Klay to AD and Embiid" to "Wamu thinks Klay is way better than Love". I never defended that position. All I said was the obvious truth, that you are twisting posts and taking them out of context to try to win some stupid point when in fact it just makes you look like more of an asshole.

In before you now post:

"Translation of msgkings: I was just defeated soundly by you and I got nothing so I will rage and splutter like Yosemite Sam"

Here's the deal, you are free to keep posting like you do, but like most you have trouble seeing how others perceive you. Take a break, chill out. I admitted error many times including with you. This is one where you are in error.

Cannot say I read this as I'm sure it comes down to this....

you said WAMU's comments were OK because he thought Klay and Love were close in talent level
I showed you this was false
you wont man up and admit your gaffe

you are pure comedy.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say I read this as I'm sure it comes down to this....

you said WAMU's comments were OK because he thought Klay and Love were close in talent level
I showed you this was false
you wont man up and admit your gaffe

you are pure comedy.

Wrong again, but interesting to know that you like to reply to posts without reading them.

OK so, you haven't pushed back against my diagnosis of your autism, so I'm going to call that correct. I'm sorry if my style of conversation is hard for you to follow. I know that it can be hard for people with your condition to understand social interaction.

But I did admit the gaffe, I'll do it again: I was wrong to think that Wamu thought Klay and Love are close in talent.

Now your turn: you can admit that preferring Klay to Love does not in any way imply preferring Klay to AD or Embiid or other big men better than Love. Or not, I suspect you cannot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I claimed that preferring Klay to Love doesn't imply preferring Klay to AD. You were shown multiple posts that proved so, you can not own this gaffe (among others).

If you want me to agree that Wamu thinks Klay is way better than Love, sure I agree. If that's a gaffe to you, then you got your apology.

Now your turn. Admit that preferring Klay to Love does not at all logically imply preferring Klay to AD. Or don't, since you don't seem to be able to.
IF that was a gaffe? You said he thought they were near equal and I showed you proof that's not what thought. so,so, yes, it would seem that constitutes a gaffe.

Wow....was that a weight off your shoulder? Was a first for me seeing that from you but I've only been here a short time. Was it the first time you admitted a gaffe? Way to go little buckaroo.

as to your question, I never said preferring Klay to Love implied preferring Klay to AD. I said his reasoning implied he preferred Klay to AD. Here we go again. He said he wants the shooter over the big guy who can shoot a little. I said that implies he wants Klay over AD, as well by his logic. That's when you felt you needed to help him and said it's different because he meant when 2 players were at the same level - is this starting to come back to you now? - That's when I showed you his posts which proved that was not the case.

rinse and repeat.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF that was a gaffe? You said he thought they were near equal and I showed you proof that's not what thought. so,so, yes, it would seem that constitutes a gaffe.

Wow....was that a weight off your shoulder? Was a first for me seeing that from you but I've only been here a short time. Was it the first time you admitted a gaffe? Way to go little buckaroo.

as to your question, I never said preferring Klay to Love implied preferring Klay to AD. I said his reasoning implied he preferred Klay to AD. Here we go again. He said he wants the shooter over the big guy who can shoot a little. I said that implies he wants Klay over AD, as well by his logic. That's when you felt you needed to help him and said it's different because he meant when 2 players were at the same level - is this starting to come back to you now? - That's when I showed you his posts which proved that was not the case.

rinse and repeat.

No, right off the bat after you arrived here you corrected me about Larry Bird being a good coach, and I immediately agreed with you, and you were actually shocked to find a forum where people admit error.

So the error I am admitting to is that Wamu does not think Klay and Love are similar level. Now your turn: it was an error for you to claim that preferring Klay to Love implies preferring Klay to AD. Can you?

And you were right, most of us do admit error including me. But you....not so much. Why is it hard for you? I suspect autism.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again, but interesting to know that you like to reply to posts without reading them.

OK so, you haven't pushed back against my diagnosis of your autism, so I'm going to call that correct. I'm sorry if my style of conversation is hard for you to follow. I know that it can be hard for people with your condition to understand social interaction.

But I did admit the gaffe, I'll do it again: I was wrong to think that Wamu thought Klay and Love are close in talent.

Now your turn: you can admit that preferring Klay to Love does not in any way imply preferring Klay to AD or Embiid or other big men better than Love. Or not, I suspect you cannot.
My "style of posting" was because you could not admit your gaffe. Now that you did it no longer needs to be pointed out.

My favorite in all this now was you admitting the obvious gaffe and saying "if it's really a gaffe". That was priceless.

And I already answered your question. I'll help out a little more. If all he said was Klay is better than Love then of course I would not imply that means he thinks Klay is better than AD or Embid. But he added to that. You know, that comment he made you defended by saying it applied when players are similar in talent. Do we really need to go through this again? You finally came out and admitted the gaffe once. I wont ask you to keep doing it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "style of posting" was because you could not admit your gaffe. Now that you did it no longer needs to be pointed out.

My favorite in all this now was you admitting the obvious gaffe and saying "if it's really a gaffe". That was priceless.

And I already answered your question. I'll help out a little more. If all he said was Klay is better than Love then of course I would not imply that means he thinks Klay is better than AD or Embid. But he added to that. You know, that comment he made you defended by saying it applied when players are similar in talent. Do we really need to go through this again? You finally came out and admitted the gaffe once. I wont ask you to keep doing it.

I'll do it 100 times if you like, which I suspect you might with your autistic need for repetition (as this post proves). I made a gaffe, I am truly sorry.

Now your turn.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, right off the bat after you arrived here you corrected me about Larry Bird being a good coach, and I immediately agreed with you, and you were actually shocked to find a forum where people admit error.

So the error I am admitting to is that Wamu does not think Klay and Love are similar level. Now your turn: it was an error for you to claim that preferring Klay to Love implies preferring Klay to AD. Can you?

And you were right, most of us do admit error including me. But you....not so much. Why is it hard for you? I suspect autism.
Round and round we go. If you want to try and insult me by claiming autism to save face have at it if that's your style, but the answer is no. Sister taught a number of them for years, though.

Here we go again - please read this until it sinks in though.....If all he said was Klay is better than Love then of course I would not imply that means he thinks Klay is better than AD or Embid. But he added to that. You know, that comment he made you defended by saying it applied when players are similar in talent. Do we really need to go through this again? You finally came out and admitted the gaffe once. I wont ask you to keep doing it.

Please never change as you are pure comedy. Maybe you could come up with another ailment for me being the reason I keep smacking you around.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do it 100 times if you like, which I suspect you might with your autistic need for repetition (as this post proves). I made a gaffe, I am truly sorry.

Now your turn.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. Admit your gaffe or be a hypocrite. You choose.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will. Admit your gaffe or be a hypocrite. You choose.
If all he said was Klay is better than Love then of course I would not imply that means he thinks Klay is better than AD or Embid. But he added to that. You know, that comment he made you defended by saying it applied when players are similar in talent. Do we really need to go through this again? You finally came out and admitted the gaffe once. I wont ask you to keep doing it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all he said was Klay is better than Love then of course I would not imply that means he thinks Klay is better than AD or Embid. But he added to that. You know, that comment he made you defended by saying it applied when players are similar in talent. Do we really need to go through this again? You finally came out and admitted the gaffe once. I wont ask you to keep doing it.
Ok hypocrite it is. I'm done, you can go now