• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that if the school pays players in one sport, they have to pay them in all sports because of Title IX. The subject of paying players has been beaten to death on the cfb boards and that seems to be the consensus.

Could be wrong though. I don't really know a whole lot about Title IX and haven't cared enough to research it.

Yeah, I'm not in favor of it either. Imo, the scholarship they are getting is their payment.

People talk about how much money they make the schools. Well...welcome to the real world. I don't know about you, but the company I work for makes a helluva lot more money than they pay me.

And when these guys go pro (the ones that make it), they are going to make their team a helluva lot more than the team is going to pay them.
they get scholarship, they get stipends, they get food, they get a free place to live, they get a platform to start building their brand, they get a platform to jumpstart their pro careers

college athletes get PLENTY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fantasy baseball coming up.....i won my big league last year

you get up to 8 keepers, and a "keeper" is whatever teh guys auction value was last year plus 5 dollars

total budget is 260

think i am keeping:

Aaron Judge- 10
Verlander- 26
Bauer- 17
Jose Ramirez- 23
Mike Foltynewicz- 5
Xander Bogaretes- 20
Will Smith- 5

really debating on what to do with carpenter at 23......throwing back kluber at 41....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they get scholarship, they get stipends, they get food, they get a free place to live, they get a platform to start building their brand, they get a platform to jumpstart their pro careers

Especially if you were at Louisville at the right time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that if the school pays players in one sport, they have to pay them in all sports because of Title IX. The subject of paying players has been beaten to death on the cfb boards and that seems to be the consensus.

Could be wrong though. I don't really know a whole lot about Title IX and haven't cared enough to research it.

Yeah, I'm not in favor of it either. Imo, the scholarship they are getting is their payment.

People talk about how much money they make the schools. Well...welcome to the real world. I don't know about you, but the company I work for makes a helluva lot more money than they pay me.

And when these guys go pro (the ones that make it), they are going to make their team a helluva lot more than the team is going to pay them.

Agreed.

If their was any type of legalized pay, I think it should be like you mentioned earlier. It should come from
Appearances and selling their likeness, etc.

No money should come in directly from the school. That way the free market would prevail and I don't think Title 9 would apply in that case. I doubt too many field hockey players or wrestlers are getting paid.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Reddish is not top 5 worthy

Who are you taking instead?

Most mocks I see have Nasir Little easily inside the top 10. Cam has certainly struggled at times, but his tools are pretty obvious.

I am not taking him before Zion or Barrett, but you have to seriously consider him as early as 3. And after Morant is gone, not sure there is anybody left more worthy of drafting.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you get up to 8 keepers, and a "keeper" is whatever teh guys auction value was last year plus 5 dollars

total budget is 260

think i am keeping:

Aaron Judge- 10
Verlander- 26
Bauer- 17
Jose Ramirez- 23
Mike Foltynewicz- 5
Xander Bogaretes- 20
Will Smith- 5

really debating on what to do with carpenter at 23......throwing back kluber at 41....

You are posting this in the wrong place if you are asking for advice. There is a forum specifically for that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 13 she probably actually still likes running errands for you lol

I remember when I was teaching my son to drive. I know that's where the bulk of my gray hair came from lol

is that all? my daughter gave ME greys since about 5 minutes after she was born...:lol:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

total budget is 260

think i am keeping:

Aaron Judge- 10
Verlander- 26
Bauer- 17
Jose Ramirez- 23
Mike Foltynewicz- 5
Xander Bogaretes- 20
Will Smith- 5

if only baseball weren't so boring...:yawning:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I missed that Westbrook is now the leading scorer in Thunder franchise history. I don’t like that it includes Seattle records as well but it doesn’t change the significance of it. He recently passed Gary Payton.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And none are forced...could go play in China or the G league if they want.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh now I'm on the Clippers bandwagon until the end of the regular season.

Come on Doc, get your Boyz in the playoffs for the Celtics!

signed: Danny Ainge

View attachment 198821

Danny+Ainge+Sucks.tiff