• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super horrible news earlier today.

Devastated when I found out somebody close to our family was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....broke down and cried since he was like another uncle to me and it was the same form of cancer that took my mom almost 2 years ago.....

He was with my dad when my dad met my mom when they were both in the Air Force and spoke at my mom's celebration of life and it was probably lurking inside him then.....makes me sad and makes me so mad we haven't found a cure yet.
Yeeeesh.

That sucks.

Thoughts and prayers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't. They were talking about where Dirk rank in best foreign born players. Shannon said he had Dirk 2nd behind Hakeem but that's when Skip come in and say he got dirk #2 also but how he ranked Manu ahead of Hakeem lol
F.O.H.

* translates for the " Get off my lawn crowd *

2c79765da5b8def33a2e42e3b07dc38fd3cf15f1c5e4f8a16430d43107de529a.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy. Fuck.

If Manu wasn't a Spur, Skip probably wouldn't even know who he was.

The stupid part of it? Isn't Tim Duncan considered foreign-born (St Croix, Virgin Islands)? Or not because it's a US territory?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's totally fair and I agree. So maybe it's not an 'L' so much as you not communicating well. But if it goes on for pages and pages then you have to find another way to get across what you mean.
Also fair, but I think we have a bunch of people just looking to argue (not excluding myself there) who just jumped on the criticism of Woj and ignored anything else that was said.

This wasn't the first time I explained the point to which you just replied.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Devastated when I found out somebody close to our family was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer.....broke down and cried since he was like another uncle to me and it was the same form of cancer that took my mom almost 2 years ago.....

He was with my dad when my dad met my mom when they were both in the Air Force and spoke at my mom's celebration of life and it was probably lurking inside him then.....makes me sad and makes me so mad we haven't found a cure yet.

Sorry to hear, life can be brutal.

Coming up on the 1st anniversary of my youngest brother's unexpected death, sometimes it's just impossible to rationalize these things.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupid part of it? Isn't Tim Duncan considered foreign-born (St Croix, Virgin Islands)? Or not because it's a US territory?
Not.

US Citizen.

ETA: Looks like you are right.

Duncan is an American citizen, but is considered an "international" player by the NBA because he was not born in one of the fifty states or Washington, D.C.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record......I like you, bud. And no, I don't like everybody on tHoop.....

*Fist-bumps the monitor.*
Not sure if you were referring to me but if you were the feeling is mutual. No one here I don't like.

And for those who don't think I can say I was wrong one area I did early in my time here was when I accused some of arguing the poster and not the post. I noticed right away while this could be true on occasion, that after "going at it" with some posters I could see we could agree on another topic, we could literally (used correctly, BTW) agree on something minutes later.

Admitted this was not something I was used to in sports forums...especially as the "new guy".

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not.

US Citizen.

ETA: Looks like you are right.

Duncan is an American citizen, but is considered an "international" player by the NBA because he was not born in one of the fifty states or Washington, D.C.

I wasn't sure either way. As soon as I saw it listed as US Virgin Islands, I assumed I was wrong lol.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear, life can be brutal.

Coming up on the 1st anniversary of my youngest brother's unexpected death, sometimes it's just impossible to rationalize these things.
Dude, sorry to hear that.

Knock on wood....

I have only had 2 family deaths in the 40 plus years that I have been on this earth.

One from early childhood and one 5 years ago.

I live in constant fear of the Grimm Reaper because I know it's coming for some.

Even though I know it's coming, I'm still not ready.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So sorry to hear.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you were referring to me but if you were the feeling is mutual. No one here I don't like.

And for those who don't think I can say I was wrong one area I did early in my time here was when I accused some of arguing the poster and not the post. I noticed right away while this could be true on occasion, that after "going at it" with some posters I could see we could agree on another topic, we could literally (used correctly, BTW) agree on something minutes later.

Admitted this was not something I was used to in sports forums...especially as the "new guy".

One of the oddest things about that argument was that it was with Mecca. She's typically one of the easiest people here to get along with. Strange person to pick a battle with.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't sure either way. As soon as I saw it listed as US Virgin Islands, I assumed I was wrong lol.
It's weird.

U.S. Virgin Island....

So, I just assumed.

I used to get it twisted with Puerto Rico too.

My rule of thumb was:

If I don't need a passport to go, it's US.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, sorry to hear that.

Knock on wood....

I have only had 2 family deaths in the 40 plus years that I have been on this earth.

One from early childhood and one 5 years ago.

I live in constant fear of the Grimm Reaper because I know it's coming for some.

Even though I know it's coming, I'm still not ready.

It had only been grandparents for me until last year, but then again I've got a few years on you (will be 49 this April).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the oddest things about that argument was that it was with Mecca. She's typically one of the easiest people here to get along with. Strange person to pick a battle with.
A stupid 2 week battle.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sucks to be the new guy. Kind of like the new kid at school.

LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the side you are talking about, but some of her comments had me wondering. Just not my style to go into that type of namecalling simply because someone does not agree with me. But, this is a different forum and to each his or her own.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, true.....I'm the 2nd or 3rd easiest.

:heh:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had only been grandparents for me until last year, but then again I've got a few years on you (will be 49 this April).
Grandma for me and youngest cousin 2 years ago, Valentine's Day.

Heart attack at age 35.

He was morbidly obese and weeks away from gastric bypass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks to be the new guy. Kind of like the new kid at school.

LOL.
Yeah, but don't think it took long to adjust.

Ironically, I actually was the new kid at school once. Luckily it was in Phoenix in the late 80s. No one hardly was from there, so nearly everyone either was or had been the new kid at some point.