• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken they turned Korver into Chriss, Knight a 1 and a 2. And Knight will probably be moved for something at the deadline next season.
the people htat told me that it would be highly unlikely to get a 1st for Korver need to eat a big ole plate of crow. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the people htat told me that it would be highly unlikely to get a 1st for Korver need to eat a big ole plate of crow. lol

They didn't. They got Burks and 2 future #2s. They also traded Hood for Stauskas, Baldwin, and 2 future #2s.

They got the #1 by trading Burks, Stauskas, and Baldwin AND taking on Knight's contract (along with Chriss and a future 2nd).

Essentially they had to package Korver, Hood, and take on that Knight contract to get Chriss, a 1st rounder, and 3 future 2nds.

You can eat your own crow if you like, or share with your buddy dt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't. They got Burks and 2 future #2s. They also traded Hood for Stauskas, Baldwin, and 2 future #2s.

They got the #1 by trading Burks, Stauskas, and Baldwin AND taking on Knight's contract (along with Chriss and a future 2nd).

Essentially they had to package Korver, Hood, and take on that Knight contract to get Chriss, a 1st rounder, and 3 future 2nds.

His buddy dt will say so and have said so when I don't agree with him. If you care to be one who bases his comments on the poster and not the post that's on you.

Yes, they traded Korver for Burks. stauskas and Baldwin were throw-ins in the latest deal and, yes, it was done for the 1 because they were willing to take on Knight's salary. But if they didn't have Burks who was the major salary we could move this deal does not get done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stauskas and Baldwin were actually a DETRIMENT to the trade- as you can tell by Houston repackging them and adding cash to trade them to Indiana almost immediately.

Korver- traded for Burks and 2 2nd rounders---- and then Burks traded for a 1st and Knight is what it basically boils down to.

and Chriss - a 21 year old former #8 overall pick in his 3rd NBA sesaon- actually has looked pretty good lately and could end up being just further value the Cavs squeezed out of the trade.

pretty amazing if you ask me.

be nice if Houston keeps their spot around pick #22.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His buddy dt will say so and have said so when I don't agree with him. If you care to be one who bases his comments on the poster and not the post that's on you.

Yes, they traded Korver for Burks. stauskas and Baldwin were throw-ins in the latest deal and, yes, it was done for the 1 because they were willing to take on Knight's salary. But if they didn't have Burks who was the major salary we could move this deal does not get done.

It took both Korver and Hood to net a late 1st rounder (and Chriss). Korver did not net one on his own.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

exactly- there are always plenty of moving ancillary parts in trades- but when it boils down to it, the Cavs traded 2 #2's for Korver to Atlanta---- and then moved him for quite a nice little package after squeezing some nice playing time out of him.

Burks was a nice asset for the Jazz---- being able to get Burks and the 2 #2's from the Jazz for Kyle Korver was the only reason the Cavs had any chance to get the #1 and Chriss from Houston.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took both Korver and Hood to net a late 1st rounder (and Chriss). Korver did not net one on his own.
Yeah....they really wanted Stauskas and Baldwin. what would they have done without the 15 minutes they had them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....they really wanted Stauskas and Baldwin. what would they have done without the 15 minutes they had them.
The Cavs would have elected to not take Stauskas and Baldwin if it was possible

they were just salary cap matching flotsam the whole time and actually negative value in the deal--- but had to be moved so the Cavs got under the luxury tax line.

I gotta say- kind of surprised the Lakers did not reach out to Stauskas once he was released. HE single handedly pretty much beat them in one game earlier this year- and is the precise type of great 3 pt shooter that i think could have really helped them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Fedor‏Verified account @ChrisFedor 13h13 hours ago
#Cavs Collin Sexton has a tireless work ethic. It’s well known by every player in the locker room. Sexton joked about finding a gym during an AS break & one player told him, “Rest. Relax. I’m not even kidding. I know you. Don’t do it. We have 20-plus more games left.”

I have faith in Sexton becoming a solid NBA player mainly because he has the skills, and his work ethic is off the charts from all the reports I have read. His numbers have been so-so- but they are vastly similar to those of Kemba Walker and DeAron Fox in their rookie years in the league.

the vast majority of NBA players all have immense talent- so many guys that never even make in the NBA have immense talent- what really separates a lot of the guys is the work ethic and their attitude and the Cavs have a guy in sexton who has an amazing work ethic and is a great kid.

its one of the reasons why I liked him going into the draft and its the biggest reason why i have faith that he will eventually become a very good starting point guard in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Fedor‏Verified account @ChrisFedor 13h13 hours ago
#Cavs Collin Sexton has a tireless work ethic. It’s well known by every player in the locker room. Sexton joked about finding a gym during an AS break & one player told him, “Rest. Relax. I’m not even kidding. I know you. Don’t do it. We have 20-plus more games left.”

I have faith in Sexton becoming a solid NBA player mainly because he has the skills, and his work ethic is off the charts from all the reports I have read. His numbers have been so-so- but they are vastly similar to those of Kemba Walker and DeAron Fox in their rookie years in the league.

the vast majority of NBA players all have immense talent- so many guys that never even make in the NBA have immense talent- what really separates a lot of the guys is the work ethic and their attitude and the Cavs have a guy in sexton who has an amazing work ethic and is a great kid.

its one of the reasons why I liked him going into the draft and its the biggest reason why i have faith that he will eventually become a very good starting point guard in the NBA.
I'd even say he is a far better rookie than Walker. walker wasn't really a star until year 3-4. Even then he was a borderline star.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

out of curisoity- what are your thoughts on Brandon Ingram?

he is a very perplexing player if you ask me.

he has talent- no doubt- but he just does not seem to have the high motor that you want to see.

I like that his shooting % has improved every year- but hes a wing that really is not adept at shooting the 3

I think there are some very attractive positives to Ingram's games but corresponding negatives as well.

HE is a very hard guy to compare to other players.

Someone once dsaid Rudy Gay, but i just dont see the explosive athleticism that Rudy Gay had early in his career.

Ingram is basically a long, rangy mid-range shooter, with some nice upside, but not elite athleticism and limited 3 pt range but is actually a pretty solid passer.

Hes a very tough guy to put your finger on and say- this is what he is- this is who he compares to. etc....it a very weird skill set combination

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out of curisoity- what are your thoughts on Brandon Ingram?

he is a very perplexing player if you ask me.

he has talent- no doubt- but he just does not seem to have the high motor that you want to see.

I like that his shooting % has improved every year- but hes a wing that really is not adept at shooting the 3

I think there are some very attractive positives to Ingram's games but corresponding negatives as well.

HE is a very hard guy to compare to other players.

Someone once dsaid Rudy Gay, but i just dont see the explosive athleticism that Rudy Gay had early in his career.

Ingram is basically a long, rangy mid-range shooter, with some nice upside, but not elite athleticism and limited 3 pt range but is actually a pretty solid passer.

Hes a very tough guy to put your finger on and say- this is what he is- this is who he compares to. etc....it a very weird skill set combination

Derozan

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I didn't get that comment at all.

Denver are not getting close to beating GSW in a series with or without HCA. Plus when you have a championship level team that won titles before then you really don't care about HCA.

When Miami had their Big 3, I only cared about HCA in the first season. One those guys showed they can win on the road in any situation, I didn't give a damn about HCA
And the Nuggets aren't at the Rockets level last year, if they faced off in the WCF I'd say the Warriors win in 5 games even if they didn't have the HCA.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif