• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's because they lost to the Nuggets and you don't want them catching the Warriors, I don't think you need to worry about it. Plus GSW doesn't need the 1 seed to win the title.
If it's because the Kings had a chance to really help their playoff hopes and blew it, then I'm in that same annoyed boat. I'm used to this being a moral victory to even be in a game vs the team with the best home record in the NBA, but when the team has a real shot at snapping this playoff drought you can't really think that way. This is gonna be a stressful final 25 games.

Yeah I didn't get that comment at all.

Denver are not getting close to beating GSW in a series with or without HCA. Plus when you have a championship level team that won titles before then you really don't care about HCA.

When Miami had their Big 3, I only cared about HCA in the first season. One those guys showed they can win on the road in any situation, I didn't give a damn about HCA

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave you another. You just can't face up to the obvious truth because you are blind to it.

But here are 3 that are all related

1) trading Kyrie in the first place
2) trading Kyrie for future assets
3) failing to trade the Brooklyn pick for more win now pieces

1) If Lebron really cared all he had to do was agree to stay
2) see 1
3) see 1

Never mind you don't know they had offers for the pick.....most of the angst was over not dealing the pick for Jordan which would have been an awful trade

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Resign Gilbert
2) Keep Kyrie

Then he stopped trying because he saw the writing on the wall. Gilbert retook control of his team.

You are wrong.
so you keep saying. I'll assume you wanted Gilbert to sign Griffin and not himself.

Never mind we know he cares so much about the GM he is playing for an agent as GM with no FO experience. Try as you might, you can't get around this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is like talking to a brick wall.

Must be something in the Cleveland water.
Try reading and comprehending. Clearly you didn't follow that one. Just ask. I mean it when I say I'll help.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

So did Anthony Davis.

Players can request trades whenever they want. Teams don't have to give in.
Great.....then you could blame Gilbert for holding onto a guy they couldn't even use in the playoffs in Lebron's final season here.

Ya gotta love this forum.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole conversation is based on the fact that @dtgold88 wants to assign zero blame to Gilbert for LeBron leaving.

LeBron could have swallowed his pride and made it work if he wanted to. So could Gilbert. Neither was willing to budge.

Had Gilbert retained Griffin and Kyrie and traded for PG13, then LeBron leaving would have been 100% on LeBron. But Gilbert chose not to do those things which is why most neutral parties assign at least some blame to Gilbert.
Please find anything where I said Gilbert deserves no blame. In fact, I've said many times Gilbert is not blameless here.

I tell you over and over if you need comprehension assistance just ask.

Without a commitment from Lebron would be tough to give up a bunch of first rounders for PG, wouldn't it? Rhetorical...of course it would.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, your complete ignorance is on display.

Kyrie had been asking out, literally, for years.

He asked out AFTER the championship season. He did not want to play with LeBron.

LeBron continued to "son" him, never called him to try and patch things up.

Kyrie threatened to sit out the season and get knee surgery rather than continue to play with LeBron.

These are all facts that you conveniently ignore.

You have a very small piece of the puzzle, as usual.

The Cavs did not want to get rid of Kyrie- and kept him for a long time after his initial trade request after the championship season, but its an untenable situation when Kyrie literally does not talk to teammates and practice for weeks on end, does not want to play with LeBron, and threatens to sit out over half the season with knee surgery.

You need to get a clue, but per your usual MO, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

Good luck with your shit bag Wizards. lol
And that doesn't even take into account if it really mattered to Lebron all he had to do was commit and Kyrie stays (with PG).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't usually agree with Greeny but I do here

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great.....then you could blame Gilbert for holding onto a guy they couldn't even use in the playoffs in Lebron's final season here.

Ya gotta love this forum.

Yeah tlance is making very little sense here

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I didn't get that comment at all.

Denver are not getting close to beating GSW in a series with or without HCA. Plus when you have a championship level team that won titles before then you really don't care about HCA.

When Miami had their Big 3, I only cared about HCA in the first season. One those guys showed they can win on the road in any situation, I didn't give a damn about HCA
If the Ws get the 2 seed they are more likely to have to play both OKC and Houston. That's where the comment came from

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cyber-finger prints are very similar...lol

As @thunderc pointed out, my posting style is very distinct.

I couldn't alt/dupe if I tried.

lol

Yeah, my problem would be forgetting which account I was in. Which would happen within about 15 minutes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was under contract for 2 more years.

They could have kept him. They also could have traded him for pieces more likely to help Cleveland in 2017. They didn't.

Yet, you continue to completely ignore those facts and spin the narrative to make your boy look as good as possible.

I didn't say it was all Gilbert's fault. But your complete inability to be critical of your own team is shocking.

@dtgold88

For he record, this is one of the main reasons your boy Wiggy is a trash poster. He contnually drags the conversation into the gutter when he doesn't agree with somebody.
Can't see where he's done anything you haven't done when you disagree with someone. And FTR, I have had conversations where I disagree with wiggy, so not seeing how he's "my boy".

But in this case he is right, which you might get one day....though I doubt it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your rush to " Rescue Ronnie ", you fail to catch the gist of the argument.

LeBron , intentionally, signed one and one deals with the Cavs to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire.

The very moment Gilbert went against Lebron's wishes by trading Kyrie, not retaining Griffin, LeBron tucked ass and left for Hollywood.

Nobody is disputing the fact that LeBron was out of his rabid ass mind for thinking the Cavs could hold Kyrie against his will.

Nobody is claiming LeBron would have stayed had Gilbert done his will.

We are simply saying that when Gilbert didn't continue to kiss his ring, that's when he decided to leave.

That Dude your playing Captain Save A Hoe for is just trying to twist the narrative to avoid admitting he was wrong AGAIN.

Like I said...seems like 5 or 6 hours ago, both things can be true.

He was mad that Gilbert wouldn't bend to his will and he wanted to live in California.
I'll try and take your irrational in order of your mistakes.....

*Lebron also signed a 2 and 1 deal
*If Lebron wanbted Kyrie around so badly, why couldn't he even take the time to call the guy to straighten things out with him since Lebron was why Kyrie wanted out?
*If he wanted him around so badly, why not commit to stay since the Cavs said they'd keep him if he did?

at least you are half right, though.....he wanted to live in LA. which is his right.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try and take your irrational in order of your mistakes.....

*Lebron also signed a 2 and 1 deal
*If Lebron wanbted Kyrie around so badly, why couldn't he even take the time to call the guy to straighten things out with him since Lebron was why Kyrie wanted out?
*If he wanted him around so badly, why not commit to stay since the Cavs said they'd keep him if he did?

at least you are half right, though.....he wanted to live in LA. which is his right.
cmon man- you think that LeBron should have actually CALLED and spoke to Kyrie and tried to smooth things out after it became apparent that the main reason Kyrie wanted out was LeBron?

That even though LeBron wanted to play with Kyrie- that LeBron had some responsbility to actually talk to Kyrie and find some common ground?

lol.....hey dont get so crazy.

LeBron and Kyrie's ego's put the Cavs into such a bad situation.

you have Kyrie- literally not talking to anyone at practice for weeks on end.

you have Kyrie- telling the front office he wanted to be traded after the team won the championship which is just mind boggling on its own

you have Kyrie- telling the front office that he hates playing with LeBron so much that he will elect to have knee surgery and miss a huge portion of the season if he is not traded

you have Kyrie- who believed LeBron was trying to get him traded

and LeBron refuses to even call him and try and straighten things out because LeBron has a huge ego and feels its beneath him.

that- and LeBron just condescends him in every press conference he gets a chance- saying "he is giving the young kid the blue print", etc. over and over and over again.

I am sure LeBron wanted to play with Kyrie but all of his actions were driving Kyrie away and it came down to both guys immense ego's and neither one of them willing to reach out to the other to attempt to fix it.

The Cavs had been internally trying to keep it together for a long long time, but once it became clear that LeBron was leaving, and Kyrie's name got leaked (by LeBron's camp according to most sources) for Bledsoe and George- it was pretty much beyond repair.

the only thing that could have repaired it was LeBron actually picking up the phone and swallowing some pride--- instead everyone got what they got. Kyrie is crying in Boston on a team that is underacheiving. LeBron is crying in LA tried to get his whole team traded and is hilariously out of the playoffs right now- and the Cavs are tanking for Zion.

when you think about it- LeBron pretty much pissed on the last 2 years that he was the best player in the NBA- last year and this year- with how he handled the situation.