• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George continues his MVP push with 90 points the last 2 games vs Houston and Portland. He joined Russ with a triple double in the same game and PG13 more than likely has defensive player of the year honors already wrapped up.

MVP & DPOY in the same season? Highly unlikely. It's only happened twice. Olajuwon in '94 & MJ in '88. He's having a great season though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He traded for Love.....that was pretty important to them winning the title and making those Finals appearances. And the trades to piece around James.
He traded for Love mostly with assets acquired by the previous GM.

Now I disagree these signings were so awful, but many rip the cavs for them - TT, JR and shump

Griff signed them all.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now I disagree these signings were so awful, but many rip the cavs for them - TT, JR and shump

Griff signed them all.
Weren't those all LBJ/Rich Paul-induced signings that the Cavs didn't want to make?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't those all LBJ/Rich Paul-induced signings that the Cavs didn't want to make?
I wouldn't say they didn't want to make them. All were helpful in a title run, and as far over the cap as they were it was sign them or no one really.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously a great player/scorer, but why should the Rockets or Harden care about this streak? And when he's shooting it poorly like he did tonight it's much less impressive.

Not only that, but I would think they'd want to be resting him as much as possible considering all of the energy he's had to use keeping their head above water while they dealt with the injuries they had.

I could see chasing individual stats/records if they were a bad team. But, if healthy, this Rockets team can be a real threat. But not if Harden is worn out by the time the playoffs start.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griff signed them all.

TT hasn't gotten his balls back from Klowhee yet. Who knows what the hell JR's doing, he ain't puttin' da biscuit in da basket that's for sure. And Shump, he should've never gotten rid of the box-top do, it was slick.

imagessfdsdf.jpg

On the plus side though your Cavs did pull off the greatest Finals comeback of all time. Loved it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So right now it looks like there is a very good chance that there will be 5 teams with fewer than 20 wins. That would be the most sub-20 win teams since the 1997-98 season.

Doesn't seem like the new lottery odds changed tanking strategies all that much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still Giannis in my book but PG-13 is definitely in the conversation.

It's close, very close. PG is also shooting 41% from 3 and that is at almost 10 attempts!! crazy. Also, 2.3 spg. Great season by both players

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griff signed them all.

To be fair to Griffin, they were all part of how the Cavs got to those 4 finals and a title.

TT, while there were plenty of guys that could have provided what he did for less, the Cavs were too capped out and couldn't get any of them. Plus, Lebron liked him and TT knows how to play alongside him.

While JR provided some hilarious moments (like forgetting the score in a championship game), he also hit some pretty big shots in some pretty big moments.

It's fun to bash on the Cavs a little for some of that, but all things considered and looking at the results, they were good moves.

The only real criticism that I would have is that the roster was too "Lebron-centric" which is why they are where they are now. But even then, had they put a roster around Lebron that was less dependent on him, they may be in a position now to where they were just good enough to put themselves out of the "Dyin' for Zion" sweepstakes, but not good enough to get past the first or second round in the playoffs.

Also, I think a lot of the bashing of the Cavs FO is more about folks not liking Dan Gilbert than Griffin or anyone else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Griff signed them all.

People forget how important JR was to the championship team. He actually improved a lot on defense and he was a perfect weapon beside Lebron. He shot over 40% in those first 2 seasons in Cleveland then kinda regressed. I have already stated how important TT was. Shump, seemed like he had so much potential at times I just wasnt a huge fan. He could be a very streaky shooter but a good hustle and defensive player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget how important JR was to the championship team. He actually improved a lot on defense and he was a perfect weapon beside Lebron. He shot over 40% in those first 2 seasons in Cleveland then kinda regressed. I have already stated how important TT was. Shump, seemed like he had so much potential at times I just wasnt a huge fan. He could be a very streaky shooter but a good hustle and defensive player.
I think most Cavs' fans know JRs early 3s in the 3rd quarter were huge in keeping the game from getting away.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Griffin, they were all part of how the Cavs got to those 4 finals and a title.

TT, while there were plenty of guys that could have provided what he did for less, the Cavs were too capped out and couldn't get any of them. Plus, Lebron liked him and TT knows how to play alongside him.

While JR provided some hilarious moments (like forgetting the score in a championship game), he also hit some pretty big shots in some pretty big moments.

It's fun to bash on the Cavs a little for some of that, but all things considered and looking at the results, they were good moves.

The only real criticism that I would have is that the roster was too "Lebron-centric" which is why they are where they are now. But even then, had they put a roster around Lebron that was less dependent on him, they may be in a position now to where they were just good enough to put themselves out of the "Dyin' for Zion" sweepstakes, but not good enough to get past the first or second round in the playoffs.

Also, I think a lot of the bashing of the Cavs FO is more about folks not liking Dan Gilbert than Griffin or anyone else.

The only thing I wonder about is how close that PG13 deal was and why Lebron wouldn't commit if he knew PG could come to Cleveland. There is no way he leaves Cleveland if they get him and really all they would need to do is get role players around those 3 guys, if you don't like the current role players trade them and substitute.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I wonder about is how close that PG13 deal was and why Lebron wouldn't commit if he knew PG could come to Cleveland. There is no way he leaves Cleveland if they get him and really all they would need to do is get role players around those 3 guys, if you don't like the current role players trade them and substitute.
I see it the other way....I think he knew he was leaving no matter what. And after Lebron wouldn't commit, Griff probably knew it to. Maybe that's why a deal didn't get done with Griff. Just as likely he didn't want to stay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it the other way....I think he knew he was leaving no matter what. And after Lebron wouldn't commit, Griff probably knew it to. Maybe that's why a deal didn't get done with Griff. Just as likely he didn't want to stay.

No, I meant "There is no way Lebron leaves if they get PG". Griff was a vital part of the championship run but if he pulls that deal and still leaves...they still make it. All they would need to do is make small moves

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am 100% sure you are right about that last comment, and I get it from media or no Cavs' fans. I do not get how a Cleveland fan watching the offseason by the Tribe would not be so thankful for the Cavs' title and Gilbert.

as for "where they are now", they are 15 minutes into a rebuild. Look at LA? This is , what, year 5-6? How about NY? Seems like a decade and they are no better off than the Cavs right now, other than already having the cap cleared and being in NY.

Last thing I'd want as a fan are a number of years as a 6-12 seed in the East. If they cannt get above 6, and I doubt they could, it's tank city as the best alternative.