• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This on The Final Boss from mlbtraderumors.com.

This makes for an interesting match given the open questions at the back of the Texas pen. Oh, a veteran Korean hurler, took over the closer’s role for the Cardinals in his debut MLB season of 2016. He opened the ensuing campaign with the same job, but was not able to repeat his dominance.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush, Kela, Diekman, Claudio, Oh, Barnette and Martin just might make a very good pen, but then I thought last year's assortment would make a very good pen as well. I would have still liked for them to have signed Minor as a closer instead of a starter though.

That leaves Leclerc and Rodriguez to stay in the minors and be ready.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush, Kela, Diekman, Claudio, Oh, Barnette and Martin just might make a very good pen, but then I thought last year's assortment would make a very good pen as well. I would have still liked for them to have signed Minor as a closer instead of a starter though.

That leaves Leclerc and Rodriguez to stay in the minors and be ready.
why do you need a good bullpen when your rotation stinks? other than burning them out with a ton of innings what are they going to get you?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you need a good bullpen when your rotation stinks? other than burning them out with a ton of innings what are they going to get you?
I think it is all about trying to hang as close to that second wildcard spot as they can for as long as they can. A very good bullpen might mean the difference in winning 74 games or 79 games. A 79-win pace will keep you within 5 games of the second wildcard or at least that is what they are hoping for. Anything to keep from using the "R' word.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo at DH isn’t as easy as it sounds for Rangers

“I’ve not talked about it with Banister yet,” Choo said. “I have some thoughts, but I want to share them with Banny at the same time together.

“I feel the same way. I’m healthy, my legs feel good, and I still can catch a fly ball. I’m not ready to full-time DH yet. Not yet. I still have confidence playing in the field, and I know I can help the team playing in the field.”

The overriding factor driving the Rangers’ DH decision is keeping Choo healthy. When he has been healthy, the Rangers’ offense has been better off, but he has been fully healthy in only two of his four seasons with the Rangers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, one more. With Barney being signed we might not have a new sheriff in town, but we do have a new deputy.

images

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is all about trying to hang as close to that second wildcard spot as they can for as long as they can. A very good bullpen might mean the difference in winning 74 games or 79 games. A 79-win pace will keep you within 5 games of the second wildcard or at least that is what they are hoping for. Anything to keep from using the "R' word.
if the only goal is to hang close to the final playoff position then that is a sorry excuse for a front office

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the only goal is to hang close to the final playoff position then that is a sorry excuse for a front office

The one and only goal of the front office is to put the best possible team on the field. This "second wildcard spot" nonsense is something we on the internet attached to the thinking of the front office.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo at DH isn’t as easy as it sounds for Rangers

“I’ve not talked about it with Banister yet,” Choo said. “I have some thoughts, but I want to share them with Banny at the same time together.

“I feel the same way. I’m healthy, my legs feel good, and I still can catch a fly ball. I’m not ready to full-time DH yet. Not yet. I still have confidence playing in the field, and I know I can help the team playing in the field.”

The overriding factor driving the Rangers’ DH decision is keeping Choo healthy. When he has been healthy, the Rangers’ offense has been better off, but he has been fully healthy in only two of his four seasons with the Rangers.

Need his bat (and him healthy) not his glove at this point, pretty cut and dry

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The owners strike back. Haha. All messed up

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for MLB.

The one thing I can sympathize with are the long contracts for older players who likely decline last year. Why should these be issued but collusion is not too far fetched IMO

But a lot of people making money in this business minus some of the MILB players who did not get decent bonuses

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of Oh will give new meaning to the term “ Oh shit” in regard to our bullpen.

I used to say that when dyson came out, and Tollie before him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one and only goal of the front office is to put the best possible team on the field. This "second wildcard spot" nonsense is something we on the internet attached to the thinking of the front office.
well if this is "the best possible team" this front office could come up with they have failed