• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of 4 or 5 young Range prospects that I would rather see be given the opportunity to show what they've got starting with Calhoun, Guzman, Kiner-Falefa etc. Rua and Robinson have shown to me that they are good off the bench players but nothing that warrants full time play

IMO Rua is the best athlete but of course Calhoun has a better bat but I think he gets a bit of OF seasoning as mentioned earlier. Of course like Calhoun at some point unseats Rua unless we find lightning in a bottle

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be a FUN signing

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and Bartolo Colon nearing minor league deal. damn we are going to suck this year

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Rua is the best athlete but of course Calhoun has a better bat but I think he gets a bit of OF seasoning as mentioned earlier. Of course like Calhoun at some point unseats Rua unless we find lightning in a bottle
okay so if we use Rua in left then what do we do with Robinson? there is one school that wants Robinson to be a full time player and then there is your school that wants Rua as a full time player. both have a lot of value but with this team i see them both needed coming off the bench

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so if we use Rua in left then what do we do with Robinson? there is one school that wants Robinson to be a full time player and then there is your school that wants Rua as a full time player. both have a lot of value but with this team i see them both needed coming off the bench

Drew has good speed but don't think his pop is as good as Drew but can't remember that much. My impression was he was a versatile utility guy who can even do CF but now we have a better defensive CF on roster. Honestly despite media penciling in Calhoun immediately I think gets a temporary try out in LF again but Calhoun is the future. Rua can play multiple positions to including 3rd base.

However who knows if we pick up someone or if someone has a breakout Spring. Probably that will be deciding factor

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew has good speed but don't think his pop is as good as Drew but can't remember that much. My impression was he was a versatile utility guy who can even do CF but now we have a better defensive CF on roster. Honestly despite media penciling in Calhoun immediately I think gets a temporary try out in LF again but Calhoun is the future. Rua can play multiple positions to including 3rd base.

However who knows if we pick up someone or if someone has a breakout Spring. Probably that will be deciding factor
Lol. Rua has a breakout spring every year. He would have been an upgrade over Odor at 2B last year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Beltre regrets his decision to stay here instead of asking to be traded?

Our front office is just going through the motions this offseason. They are pretending to be in contention so they can keep Adrian and so they can placate the fans who either don't understand the need to rebuild occasionally or who don't have the stomach for rebuilding. Or maybe it is the owners who don't understand the need for rebuilding and don't understand the need to pump a lot more money into this team if you won't rebuild.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew and IKF are bench players at best. Rua has a chance to have a career at least as good as David Murphy's.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the players strike if they don't like the situation that they have gotten themselves into. We can have replacement players play instead. We have lots of experience at signing replacement type players anyway so maybe we might win the WS.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Beltre regrets his decision to stay here instead of asking to be traded?

Our front office is just going through the motions this offseason. They are pretending to be in contention so they can keep Adrian and so they can placate the fans who either don't understand the need to rebuild occasionally or who don't have the stomach for rebuilding. Or maybe it is the owners who don't understand the need for rebuilding and don't understand the need to pump a lot more money into this team if you won't rebuild.
we have been saying this since the end of the season unfortunately the owners and JD think we're too stupid to know what they're doing

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the players strike if they don't like the situation that they have gotten themselves into. We can have replacement players play instead. We have lots of experience at signing replacement type players anyway so maybe we might win the WS.

Boo! But hmmm maybe a tainted WS

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have been saying this since the end of the season unfortunately the owners and JD think we're too stupid to know what they're doing
I doubt they care one way or another what we think about what they are doing.:nono:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they care one way or another what we think about what they are doing.:nono:
they should because these stupid moves are going to cost them butts in the seats and that's going to affect their profit margin. i went to 23 games last year but with this starting rotation and poor lineup i'm going to save my money this season

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should because these stupid moves are going to cost them butts in the seats and that's going to affect their profit margin. i went to 23 games last year but with this starting rotation and poor lineup i'm going to save my money this season
A lot will. JD is digging himself into some kind of hole it's going to be hard to get out of.