• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Texas Rangers offseason thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if this is "the best possible team" this front office could come up with they have failed
It would be a failure if they were simply trying to field the best possible team without any qualifications or restriction on the term "best possible team". There are budgetary restrictions and qualifications though. They are fielding the best team they know how to field on a self-limiting budget where the Fielder, Choo and Hamels contracts are severly limiting what is already a limited budget.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have not failed just because you don't know what their future objectives are.:nono:
when you load a bad team with more poor choices what else can you think about the team's "future objectives"? do you see any hint of a plan in these "moves"? we are losing Hamels, Beltre and probably Andrus next off-season what is the plan?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you load a bad team with more poor choices what else can you think about the team's "future objectives"? do you see any hint of a plan in these "moves"? we are losing Hamels, Beltre and probably Andrus next off-season what is the plan?
It seems that the plan is to not give the apearance to fans that they cannot win a WS this year. They want to apearance of being in contention for a wildcard spot. They surely understand that they need to rebuild, but they don't feel the fans can handle it so they are trying to go just far enough to make fans think there is a reason not to give up on 2018. They aren't trying their best to bring a WS championship home in 2018, but they aren't going into rebuild mode just yet either. Personally, I don't care for the half-way fence straddling position myself, but that apears to be the plan.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pecota projects Rangers as below 500 team and Rosenthal says Yu has 100 mill plus in the table.

To me it is obvious the owners are not ready to spend. Nothing news breaking with that comment

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me they want to see how some of the young guys perform this year and start to build around them the next two years. Obviously they have no serious intention of doing anything this year. Beyond that no one knows names and times. That is my opinion. If you are looking for a contender this year, won't happen.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that the plan is to not give the apearance to fans that they cannot win a WS this year. They want to apearance of being in contention for a wildcard spot. They surely understand that they need to rebuild, but they don't feel the fans can handle it so they are trying to go just far enough to make fans think there is a reason not to give up on 2018. They aren't trying their best to bring a WS championship home in 2018, but they aren't going into rebuild mode just yet either. Personally, I don't care for the half-way fence straddling position myself, but that apears to be the plan.
I believe they want to evaluate the young hopefuls to see what they need in 2019. Otherwise they will not have a clear starting point as to rebuild.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they want to evaluate the young hopefuls to see what they need in 2019. Otherwise they will not have a clear starting point as to rebuild.
To me, if they wanted to do that I would have liked to have seen them trade Choo and maybe even Beltre so we would have room for both Calhoun and Guzman. I would have even went so far as to make room for Profar to play every day and maybe Rua as well. Some of those things may still happen in July, but we will have missed 3 months worth of evaluation time by deadline time.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if they wanted to do that I would have liked to have seen them trade Choo and maybe even Beltre so we would have room for both Calhoun and Guzman. I would have even went so far as to make room for Profar to play every day and maybe Rua as well. Some of those things may still happen in July, but we will have missed 3 months worth of evaluation time by deadline time.
We don't know that they haven't tried to trade them. Guzman is interesting. Unless Gallo moves over Guzman is more less blocked. Lots of options. Beltre should be traded to a contender but who wants to give much for a pair of bad legs at his age. 2018 is a wait and see year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know that they haven't tried to trade them. Guzman is interesting. Unless Gallo moves over Guzman is more less blocked. Lots of options. Beltre should be traded to a contender but who wants to give much for a pair of bad legs at his age. 2018 is a wait and see year.
Choo was mentioned in the possible Greinke deal. Most trade discussions seem to find a way to be exposed nowadays so I think if we had had any serious discussions they they would have probably come out like they did in the Greinke discussions. We have heard about plenty of trade rumors at other times. For now I am going to assume that where there is no smoke that there is no fire. It has been a while since we were completely unaware of a trade before it happened. Well, except for the Russell Wilson trade that went down today. Of course, that is all speculation on my part based on what I have seen happen lately, but speculation is all we have on here most of the time.

I don't think they want to trade any veteran for prospects at this point because they don't want to give the appearance of rebuilding.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Rangers have trie to trade Choo. Maybe bad contract for bad contract. Does not seem like a buying market right now does it?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ALWEST Listing of homegrown talent per team including Rangers

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess we got our guy minus the Tani or Thani depending on your preference

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't do that if you continue to hold onto to Hamels, Choo, Beltre and even Andrus.