• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you're killin me with the Limas comments! :pound:

Watt... Definitely going to wait & see. He's got a long ways to go before he becomes a starter. I agree with Tomlin by not buyin what Porter is sellin just yet. He's definitely a preseason starter to keep Deebo fresh, but Watt will have to continue to dominate every game before the season starts for me to believe he's the guy. Side note, I thought Watt looked every bit as good on the left side as he did the right. Makes me wonder if Butler will mix it up a bit with his OLB's this season. Dupree & Moats can play both sides, not sure about Chick. A hard no on Deebo.

S-S... I'm just hoping for a gritty possession receiver a la Hines Ward. Would love to have that safety valve in the middle again. Not that I don't think the Outlaw can't be that guy, but the more the merrier!

Conner... Would love to see this kid finally play. Been hearing nothing but great things about him in practices (when healthy). I have a feeling we'll be a lot more comfortable with letting Le'Veon cash in elsewhere next season if Conner dominates a couple games. From the sounds of it he's every bit as physical a runner as Bell is.

Dobbs... I don't think he's a wasted pick, but I do think he will improve. He displayed good enough poise to handle the communication demands of the position, now he needs to refine his craft & settle down. We all thought the Steelers could have had Peterman or Kaaya, but neither of those guys had any sort of impressive debut in the preseason. Both struggled just as much as Dobbs did.
I think Limas :-) has the potential to be a solid possession receiver. I don't think his upside is anywhere near Hines Ward but Ward is HOF caliber so that's not really an insult. I think we took him too early for what he offers but that doesn't mean that he won't be a productive player for us.

Dobbs... I just didn't see anything that told me he was anything more than he was in college and I saw nothing in his college tape that made me think he could play at this level. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer though. That guy that is a better pro than he was a college athlete.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Goodwin making the switch! That's cool that he's finding some success down there in ATL.

He's doing okay down here, coach Quinn mentions him a lot. I think he's going to get some snaps again this season.

I'm excited to hear Allen is making a name for himself...it does bring back the question about PS...if he shows well but maybe not enough to earn a spot on this 53...what gives?

I'm gathering that Golson is starting to be looked at as an after thought....They're not getting the reps they would like to see from Sutton, but Hilton is getting those reps and making a strong case not just for the 53.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a serious problem with the Watt pick. I had (and still have) concerns. But holy hell did he look good. I mean... wow. I'm very impressed. kid looks like his big brother. But let's hold the yellow jacket for a bit more eh? It's one pre-season game.

Limas looked good for what little we saw him. I saw nothing that even comes close to changing my mind on him though. I never said he would be a bust (other than messing with you guys by calling him Limas haha) or wouldn't make the team. I said he really reminded me of Tyler Boyd. Boyd made plays in the regular season last year which is a lot more than Limas did the other night. So I'm not wrong on him, yet. Although I seriously hope to be wrong about him. For now I'm sticking to my guns though. He doesn't create enough separation to be a #1 at this level and will struggle to be a top end #2 while settling in as a good solid #3 option.

Conner I've already eaten crow on. I didn't do enough homework on him and vastly underrated him going into the draft season. It wasn't until they made the pick that I really started watching his film more and changing my mind. I like the pick now. Although I still think they might have been better served going defense and grabbing a back a round or two later.

TJ...I was for the pick, and still like the pick, but I have some reservations about where his ceiling is...is he a 5-8 sack guy, or 10+ sack? IDK.

The Falcons jumped up in the 1st rd of the draft but passed on TJ (and Taco) in favor of Takk McKinley reportedly because they felt he had the highest ceiling of the players on the board. Of course it's just preseason but how could we not like the start the kid had...just keep it going.

S-S...it really just depends on how he develops...I really like that Hines is working with this kid but I think he can be a huge asset...Hinds couldn't really run away from anybody either, but learning the game and becoming that big target for Ben in between the hash marks, moving the chains and in the RZ is where this guy can earn a 2nd contract in PIT.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you're killin me with the Limas comments! :pound:

Watt... Definitely going to wait & see. He's got a long ways to go before he becomes a starter. I agree with Tomlin by not buyin what Porter is sellin just yet. He's definitely a preseason starter to keep Deebo fresh, but Watt will have to continue to dominate every game before the season starts for me to believe he's the guy. Side note, I thought Watt looked every bit as good on the left side as he did the right. Makes me wonder if Butler will mix it up a bit with his OLB's this season. Dupree & Moats can play both sides, not sure about Chick. A hard no on Deebo.

S-S... I'm just hoping for a gritty possession receiver a la Hines Ward. Would love to have that safety valve in the middle again. Not that I don't think the Outlaw can't be that guy, but the more the merrier!

Conner... Would love to see this kid finally play. Been hearing nothing but great things about him in practices (when healthy). I have a feeling we'll be a lot more comfortable with letting Le'Veon cash in elsewhere next season if Conner dominates a couple games. From the sounds of it he's every bit as physical a runner as Bell is.

Dobbs... I don't think he's a wasted pick, but I do think he will improve. He displayed good enough poise to handle the communication demands of the position, now he needs to refine his craft & settle down. We all thought the Steelers could have had Peterman or Kaaya, but neither of those guys had any sort of impressive debut in the preseason. Both struggled just as much as Dobbs did.

TJ...agree 100%...I think his main job this yr, will be taking up snaps for Deebo...how well he plays in those snaps will determine if he becomes the starter...I'm sure they would love to see Deebo in pass rush mode 60% or more of his snaps. I'm looking for 5-7 sacks from TJ this season and about the same amount from Deebo....10+ from that side...and the same from the left side...10+.

S-S...I like having the big body guy inside and a slasher like Rogers also working inside...with AB and Bryant drawing a lot of attention, Juju imo has a chance to make some plays.

Conner...I'm 80% he's the starting RB next yr, and I'm okay with it...I don't see anybody in DIV paying what he wants...outside of that I really don't care where he goes.

Dobbs...I don't think we're expecting him to replace Ben, so I understand the point of view of using this pick to develop another position that could start in a yr or two.

At the same time, if he can be an upgrade to Landry, it's a good pick. One game in, I'm not ready to say he's that yet, but I saw enough to think there will be a legit battle for QB2 next yr if not this season.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With AB and Bryant on the field and Ben throwing him the ball... Limas better make some plays! I think I could make some plays in that situation. Mainly because the other team would be like "do we really need to cover the tubby 5'-7" white guy"? And I'd be all TOUCHDOWN MFERS! Yeah. Probably not. But there should be room there for ol' Sweedman.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like that Hines is working with this kid but I think he can be a huge asset...Hinds couldn't really run away from anybody either
In all seriousness though this is a good point. Hines is probably the perfect guy to help you figure out how to play without the natural ability to manufacture separation. Hines did it with savvy. Maybe he can teach that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness though this is a good point. Hines is probably the perfect guy to help you figure out how to play without the natural ability to manufacture separation. Hines did it with savvy. Maybe he can teach that.

The beauty is he doesn't have to be a star...just make the plays that come your way...he should be covered by CB3 or higher a lot this yr, maybe even a SS.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

PS Gm 2 Depth Chart

Steelers Release Updated Depth Chart Ahead Of Second Preseason Game - Steelers Depot

Bigs...DL to no one's surprise, they starting to shape up imo down to LT Walton...they're still listing LT as a DE, but we'll have to see if McCullers shows enough to keep that spot. He really needs the headcount to be 6 or > on the DL. As we've said with Alualu and Hargrave being able to play some DE snaps, this is the deepest we've seen the DL since MT took over.

OL...same here...what is a little different is Hubbard seems to be a lock as the swing T, Hawkins has not picked up where he left off....you don't want to see it, but with Finney they have quality depth inside and outside. Right now I'm guessing Fieler is the 8th guy....Hawkins is no lock.

RB...a little battle going on there it seems too.

CB...They really should make a formal position for slot CB...they're really starters now. Much like what we thought...Gay is maintaining the CB3 job. Sutton is thought to be back at practice today. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts the depth chart over the next few weeks. I 'm starting to think they may go 5 DL and put 2 on PS...then go 7 CBs.