• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beauty is he doesn't have to be a star...just make the plays that come your way...he should be covered by CB3 or higher a lot this yr, maybe even a SS.
Yeah, he doesn't have to be a star. To justify the pick used he would have to be a VERY good top two starter though. Not a #3. IMHO.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he doesn't have to be a star. To justify the pick used he would have to be a VERY good top two starter though. Not a #3. IMHO.

Retracing the draft board, there were some names I would have preferred to be called so I agree on his draft status, but they had to at least think the most that he might be this season is a #3...we'll have to see what his production is like.

If he has 50-60 target with a 75% catch ratio with 5 or 6 TDs avg per yr for his rookie contract......I think they did well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

PS Gm 2 Depth Chart

Steelers Release Updated Depth Chart Ahead Of Second Preseason Game - Steelers Depot

Bigs...DL to no one's surprise, they starting to shape up imo down to LT Walton...they're still listing LT as a DE, but we'll have to see if McCullers shows enough to keep that spot. He really needs the headcount to be 6 or > on the DL. As we've said with Alualu and Hargrave being able to play some DE snaps, this is the deepest we've seen the DL since MT took over.

OL...same here...what is a little different is Hubbard seems to be a lock as the swing T, Hawkins has not picked up where he left off....you don't want to see it, but with Finney they have quality depth inside and outside. Right now I'm guessing Fieler is the 8th guy....Hawkins is no lock.

RB...a little battle going on there it seems too.

CB...They really should make a formal position for slot CB...they're really starters now. Much like what we thought...Gay is maintaining the CB3 job. Sutton is thought to be back at practice today. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts the depth chart over the next few weeks. I 'm starting to think they may go 5 DL and put 2 on PS...then go 7 CBs.
RB... Really hoping to see Conner get some action against ATL. Even if just for a series.

WR... Wow it looks as though they are trying to spur Coates right back into action. Basically leapfrogged everyone. Guess that's sort of like throwing him into the fire. With this being the last week of TC & only 3 more preseason games to go, its sink or swim time. FWIW I think its a crime they have Justin Hunter behind DHB. DHB has looked awful this TC and Hunter has been lighting it up.

OLB... Chick listed ahead of Moats caught my attention. IIRC that was the case on the last depth chart release? But I have to imagine after Moats' game & Chick being on the shelf for the last couple weeks that Moats has the leg up there.

ILB... According to reports Shazier's hammy injury is a lot worse than originally thought. At what point do we start to worry that he won't be starting week 1? I sure hope they keep him on the shelf for the remainder of the preseason. No sense in risking him just to get some exposure. Stevie J still listed ahead of Dirty Red and that's bugging me.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB... Really hoping to see Conner get some action against ATL. Even if just for a series.

WR... Wow it looks as though they are trying to spur Coates right back into action. Basically leapfrogged everyone. Guess that's sort of like throwing him into the fire. With this being the last week of TC & only 3 more preseason games to go, its sink or swim time. FWIW I think its a crime they have Justin Hunter behind DHB. DHB has looked awful this TC and Hunter has been lighting it up.

OLB... Chick listed ahead of Moats caught my attention. IIRC that was the case on the last depth chart release? But I have to imagine after Moats' game & Chick being on the shelf for the last couple weeks that Moats has the leg up there.

ILB... According to reports Shazier's hammy injury is a lot worse than originally thought. At what point do we start to worry that he won't be starting week 1? I sure hope they keep him on the shelf for the remainder of the preseason. No sense in risking him just to get some exposure. Stevie J still listed ahead of Dirty Red and that's bugging me.

WR...I think they like Coates and want to see him get some shots...truly injury has held him back more than anything else...Hamilton came to camp ready...this will go down to the wire.

OLB...that is interesting...IDK if it was or not. I think Moats will go with whatever role they give him...one of MT's guys. Chick was active last yr when he did get snaps...I think the LOLB spot will get less rotation this yr. I'm hoping Dupree kicks ass this yr...Chuck Smith...the former Falcon and noted pass rush trainer has put some lofty words out there for Bud. Was hoping to see of this kid Adams might stick, but not getting on the field.

ILB...Shazier...if so, just shut him down...bring him back week 3...@CLE, [email protected] wouldn't mind seeing Johnson/Dirty Red get some game action early.

TE...I'm hearing good things about McGee...at this point the top 3 are locks...if McGee proves the blocker they like, I'm thinking he's the TE4.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR...I think they like Coates and want to see him get some shots...truly injury has held him back more than anything else...Hamilton came to camp ready...this will go down to the wire.

OLB...that is interesting...IDK if it was or not. I think Moats will go with whatever role they give him...one of MT's guys. Chick was active last yr when he did get snaps...I think the LOLB spot will get less rotation this yr. I'm hoping Dupree kicks ass this yr...Chuck Smith...the former Falcon and noted pass rush trainer has put some lofty words out there for Bud. Was hoping to see of this kid Adams might stick, but not getting on the field.

ILB...Shazier...if so, just shut him down...bring him back week 3...@CLE, [email protected] wouldn't mind seeing Johnson/Dirty Red get some game action early.

TE...I'm hearing good things about McGee...at this point the top 3 are locks...if McGee proves the blocker they like, I'm thinking he's the TE4.
WR... Definitely showed enough potential last season prior to mangling his fingers. Said to Psych not long ago but I think we won't see DHB in the B&G this season. But that sorely depends on Hunter & Coates. If Coates is indeed going to be one of the main backups then Hunter will need to show something on ST. I was thinking Coates would be that guy, but after seeing the newest depth chart I think otherwise. But we cannot invest too much into preseason depth charts. I completely forgot that there is no longer the "1st Cuts" as it was ruled out by the ownership committee or whomever. It now goes directly from 90 to 53 by preseason's end. So those that are unhealthy can still make an impact. Food for thought.

OLB... I have the same sentiment on Adams. Was really hoping to see that kid show us something but so far so injured. Probably headed for the PS along with Farrington Huguenin, or at least I hope both stick there.

ILB... Need to see more improvements from both Johnson & Matakevich before I feel comfortable with them playing in place of Shazier. Been hearing good things but I haven't really been able to see it yet.

TE... Only thing that hurts McGee's value is Nix was seeing some TE work like Will Johnson used to. Which is another reason why DJ is a lock because he can play FB. McGee definitely helped his cause with the last game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR... Definitely showed enough potential last season prior to mangling his fingers. Said to Psych not long ago but I think we won't see DHB in the B&G this season. But that sorely depends on Hunter & Coates. If Coates is indeed going to be one of the main backups then Hunter will need to show something on ST. I was thinking Coates would be that guy, but after seeing the newest depth chart I think otherwise. But we cannot invest too much into preseason depth charts. I completely forgot that there is no longer the "1st Cuts" as it was ruled out by the ownership committee or whomever. It now goes directly from 90 to 53 by preseason's end. So those that are unhealthy can still make an impact. Food for thought.

OLB... I have the same sentiment on Adams. Was really hoping to see that kid show us something but so far so injured. Probably headed for the PS along with Farrington Huguenin, or at least I hope both stick there.

ILB... Need to see more improvements from both Johnson & Matakevich before I feel comfortable with them playing in place of Shazier. Been hearing good things but I haven't really been able to see it yet.

TE... Only thing that hurts McGee's value is Nix was seeing some TE work like Will Johnson used to. Which is another reason why DJ is a lock because he can play FB. McGee definitely helped his cause with the last game.

OLB...yep, it's about time they find another diamond in the rough.

ILB...with Shazier's history over the 16 game season, I think we're going to see Johnson and or Matakevich get a few snaps this yr...hopefully not too many! I think this is where we really thought the 2nd pick in this yr's draft was going or should've been going...a LB with a similar skillset to Shazier.

TE...Good point about Nix/Johnson...we know 1 FB, but they have to go with at least 3 TEs, right?...if they do go with 4 I think McGee is helping himself

S...Mitchell has been injured/preserved, so Golden and Davis are running the show and...I'm not hearing about much threat to Dangerfield's hold on the SS2 slot.

In general...the depth charts don't mean a whole lot right now as you said, but camp officially closes Friday. I'm not sure how much opportunity will be there in practice for guys to move up....that's why I'm curious to see how Sutton effects the depth chart.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally thought Dobbs looked good after the first quarter in the first game. TJ Watt is by far my favorite pick seeing him in action. Thankfully, Dobbs isn't gonna be the started anytime soon so he's got time to learn and time to get better. It's been said before, but I'll say it again, all he's gotta be is better than Dirty Landry Jones and I'm confident in that lol. Maybe it's a good thing to sit Shazier til Week 1. Same with Coates and JuJu honestly. If you know they are gonna be on the roster and they are hurt, maybe rest them and don't play them in any preseason games. Protect the core of the team so they can be as healthy as possibly going into the regular season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLB...yep, it's about time they find another diamond in the rough.

ILB...with Shazier's history over the 16 game season, I think we're going to see Johnson and or Matakevich get a few snaps this yr...hopefully not too many! I think this is where we really thought the 2nd pick in this yr's draft was going or should've been going...a LB with a similar skillset to Shazier.

TE...Good point about Nix/Johnson...we know 1 FB, but they have to go with at least 3 TEs, right?...if they do go with 4 I think McGee is helping himself

S...Mitchell has been injured/preserved, so Golden and Davis are running the show and...I'm not hearing about much threat to Dangerfield's hold on the SS2 slot.

In general...the depth charts don't mean a whole lot right now as you said, but camp officially closes Friday. I'm not sure how much opportunity will be there in practice for guys to move up....that's why I'm curious to see how Sutton effects the depth chart.
ILB... Shazier is in a prove-it season if he wants to get paid so I think he's going to do everything he can this season. Same goes for Tuitt. Just hope both of their health holds up for the long run.

S... Been hearing about Hagen making lots of plays on a weekly basis, but he's rolling with the 3rd stringers and he's been here for a few years already so he's doing what he should be. I can't imagine intercepting Bart Houston is anything to get excited over lol. Haven't heard much about Dangerfield, but I assume he's having a good camp as always. Been a huge fan of Jordan's ever since watching him blast that NYG FB on the goal line in the 2014 preseason.

Depth Chart... Good point on the practices vs TC. I think Tomlin & Co will have their minds made up by camp's end for the final 53. Having those extra couple weeks before cuts is a nice thing in case of injuries. *knocks on wood*

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that we have 4 QBs on the Roster because Landry is still hurt? Do we trust Dobbs enough to make him #2 if Jones' injury is worse than they think it is? Also, would like your guys' thoughts on DeMarcus Ayers. I think the kid has potential to compete for at least the 3rd or 4th WR spot. He could also be the return man for punts or kicks. I personally don't think we should have AB or Eli as a return man. I'm fine with Davis and Coates, but if AB or Eli gets hurt on a punt return, I will be livid!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... Yes & no? Pittsburgh has one of the top 2-3 most loaded offenses in the league. And thats including having a top 3 O-line. Ben used to have to carry this team, but he's got it fairly made now. That's not taking anything away from Ben though. He's still top 5 easy at the position and he can definitely carry the team when called upon. And we've seen what happens when Ben isn't playing. Todd Haley isn't a great OC and it's been showing for years. When Ben doesn't play we see a huge dropoff in play from this offense. One would think with an offense this loaded that you could plug & play any QB, but that isn't the case. Haley deserves a big portion of the blame there.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that we have 4 QBs on the Roster because Landry is still hurt? Do we trust Dobbs enough to make him #2 if Jones' injury is worse than they think it is?
Pretty sure Laundry is back to practicing this week. Unless I missed something? If his injury is anything serious then I would almost guarantee we would have seen an FA acquisition by now. I don't think anyone is ready to see Dobbs as a #2, coaches included. They want to have that faith, but he's a 4th Rd pick & not a 1st for a reason. They are in SB or bust mode right now so there's not much of a possibility that they would hand the keys to their Rolls Royce Offense over to a rookie. Just my opinion though...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally thought Dobbs looked good after the first quarter in the first game. TJ Watt is by far my favorite pick seeing him in action. Thankfully, Dobbs isn't gonna be the started anytime soon so he's got time to learn and time to get better. It's been said before, but I'll say it again, all he's gotta be is better than Dirty Landry Jones and I'm confident in that lol. Maybe it's a good thing to sit Shazier til Week 1. Same with Coates and JuJu honestly. If you know they are gonna be on the roster and they are hurt, maybe rest them and don't play them in any preseason games. Protect the core of the team so they can be as healthy as possibly going into the regular season.
Rookies... Definitely have to love what we've seen thus far. Now its time to see consistency from everyone. Dobbs was reportedly getting his 2nd start, but Laundry being back at practice may change that. Tomlin left the door open for that possibility. Everyone's eyes will be on Watt though. The media hype he is getting is unreal. I'm happy for him but I'm not ready to board that train yet. He's not a starter in my eyes yet.

I agree on shelving most the injured guys, but not Coates. He's on the bubble and Hunter has done everything possible (aside from ST) to support his case for the 53. If you watched Tomlin's latest pressers he made the "2 Dogs 1 Bone" comment in regards to Coates & Hunter. That competition is still very much alive in this final week of camp.