• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that could be mr johnson
Could be.

Just for fun I looked up the 2015 game of PITvSTL... AB had 11 catches for 108yds (0 TDs). Trumaine Johnson had 2 tackles & 1 PBU. I think Johnson was only playing roughly 60% of snaps that year though with Janoris Jenkins being the primary CB.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is........

WHERE ALL THOSE FIRST ROUND DRAFT COMPLAINERS NOW?????
Bitching about TJ being first pick......
Come on, show yourselves!!!! Don't make me dig up names, you know who you are!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Were people really complaining after that? I figured that was a no brained pick!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were people really complaining after that? I figured that was a no brained pick!
I don't think anyone here was really complaining about the Watt pick. The consensus around here was more complaining about the OVERALL draft. Not many people, myself included, were real enthused with how the Steelers draft unfolded. They filled plenty of positions of need, but I still felt they left a lot of talent on the board by reaching for other positions that were of lesser need.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone here was really complaining about the Watt pick. The consensus around here was more complaining about the OVERALL draft. Not many people, myself included, were real enthused with how the Steelers draft unfolded. They filled plenty of positions of need, but I still felt they left a lot of talent on the board by reaching for other positions that were of lesser need.

Aah gotcha. I didn't think we needed another WR. I'm happy we got JuJu but I think we could've used a guard or another defensive tackle for depth. But things are definitely working out the way the should be so far.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is........

WHERE ALL THOSE FIRST ROUND DRAFT COMPLAINERS NOW?????
Bitching about TJ being first pick......
Come on, show yourselves!!!! Don't make me dig up names, you know who you are!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't recall anyone being outright angry about the pick, but only @Bridgeburner's "meh" comment comes to mind after they selected Watt.

But that's BB's style. He made some other remarks that I'm hoping he'll be kind enough to eat crow over. Especially over his "Limas Smith-Schuster" comment lol. He'll have to eat a buffet-style helping of crow for that one if S-S has a productive season. Not to mention him hatin on the Conner pick when they passed up on Perine.

I have the memory of an elephant... :heh:
I didn't have a serious problem with the Watt pick. I had (and still have) concerns. But holy hell did he look good. I mean... wow. I'm very impressed. kid looks like his big brother. But let's hold the yellow jacket for a bit more eh? It's one pre-season game.

Limas looked good for what little we saw him. I saw nothing that even comes close to changing my mind on him though. I never said he would be a bust (other than messing with you guys by calling him Limas haha) or wouldn't make the team. I said he really reminded me of Tyler Boyd. Boyd made plays in the regular season last year which is a lot more than Limas did the other night. So I'm not wrong on him, yet. Although I seriously hope to be wrong about him. For now I'm sticking to my guns though. He doesn't create enough separation to be a #1 at this level and will struggle to be a top end #2 while settling in as a good solid #3 option.

Conner I've already eaten crow on. I didn't do enough homework on him and vastly underrated him going into the draft season. It wasn't until they made the pick that I really started watching his film more and changing my mind. I like the pick now. Although I still think they might have been better served going defense and grabbing a back a round or two later.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ju Ju is still my favorite pick by a mile, and I really liked our draft overall.

Really disappointed he got dinged and we didn't get to see him on the field.
Then there is Coby, he is really making the most of his opportunities and actually looking impressive. And he was doing it last season too in real games. I hope he sticks.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Ju Ju is still my favorite pick by a mile, and I really liked our draft overall.

Really disappointed he got dinged and we didn't get to see him on the field.
Then there is Coby, he is really making the most of his opportunities and actually looking impressive. And he was doing it last season too in real games. I hope he sticks.
Coby looks real good. Again. I'm rooting for him too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers' DC says Artie Burns 'about 50-50' against Antonio Brown

I think some of these comments by Butler might be eluding to the Trumaine Johnson trade rumors @SteelersPride, @Psych-Ward, @ATL96Steeler... Very telling of what Butler thinks of his DB's right now. But that might be a farce given the fact that it is Antonio freaking Brown. The man is virtually unguardable. You have to be an elite CB to even get 50% on AB. Only 2-3 CBs have ever accomplished that in a game. AB will ALWAYS get his no matter how well you contest him. The level of competition will always bring out another level in AB, always has & always will. The man is the hardest working perfectionist in the business. If Trumaine Johnson gets signed I doubt even he'll be able to contest AB on 50% of snaps.

It's very good the Burns is winning on a 50% clip imo...The Trumaine Johnson stuff is intriguing from a potential standpoint, but the price tag is far too high to be entertaining at this late stage...Butler is a straight shooter and I like that, but barring a major injury, the Steelers are going into the '17 campaign with the CBs already on this roster.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep an eye on...: Rookie cornerback Brian Allen, the receiver-turned-corner who isn't as much of a project as expected. The fifth-round pick had an interception in 11-man work Sunday. He jams at the line, his footwork is adequate and he's a willing tackler. Tracking the ball isn't a strong point but he's improving there.

@ATL96Steeler

Music to my ears!...I'm sure you remember WR CJ Goodwin...now CB for ATL...imo he probably should be CB3 at worst...proof that WRs can make the switch to CB at this level.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music to my ears!...I'm sure you remember WR CJ Goodwin...now CB for ATL...imo he probably should be CB3 at worst...proof that WRs can make the switch to CB at this level.
Forgot about Goodwin making the switch! That's cool that he's finding some success down there in ATL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have a serious problem with the Watt pick. I had (and still have) concerns. But holy hell did he look good. I mean... wow. I'm very impressed. kid looks like his big brother. But let's hold the yellow jacket for a bit more eh? It's one pre-season game.

Limas looked good for what little we saw him. I saw nothing that even comes close to changing my mind on him though. I never said he would be a bust (other than messing with you guys by calling him Limas haha) or wouldn't make the team. I said he really reminded me of Tyler Boyd. Boyd made plays in the regular season last year which is a lot more than Limas did the other night. So I'm not wrong on him, yet. Although I seriously hope to be wrong about him. For now I'm sticking to my guns though. He doesn't create enough separation to be a #1 at this level and will struggle to be a top end #2 while settling in as a good solid #3 option.

Conner I've already eaten crow on. I didn't do enough homework on him and vastly underrated him going into the draft season. It wasn't until they made the pick that I really started watching his film more and changing my mind. I like the pick now. Although I still think they might have been better served going defense and grabbing a back a round or two later.
lol you're killin me with the Limas comments! :pound:

Watt... Definitely going to wait & see. He's got a long ways to go before he becomes a starter. I agree with Tomlin by not buyin what Porter is sellin just yet. He's definitely a preseason starter to keep Deebo fresh, but Watt will have to continue to dominate every game before the season starts for me to believe he's the guy. Side note, I thought Watt looked every bit as good on the left side as he did the right. Makes me wonder if Butler will mix it up a bit with his OLB's this season. Dupree & Moats can play both sides, not sure about Chick. A hard no on Deebo.

S-S... I'm just hoping for a gritty possession receiver a la Hines Ward. Would love to have that safety valve in the middle again. Not that I don't think the Outlaw can't be that guy, but the more the merrier!

Conner... Would love to see this kid finally play. Been hearing nothing but great things about him in practices (when healthy). I have a feeling we'll be a lot more comfortable with letting Le'Veon cash in elsewhere next season if Conner dominates a couple games. From the sounds of it he's every bit as physical a runner as Bell is.

Dobbs... I don't think he's a wasted pick, but I do think he will improve. He displayed good enough poise to handle the communication demands of the position, now he needs to refine his craft & settle down. We all thought the Steelers could have had Peterman or Kaaya, but neither of those guys had any sort of impressive debut in the preseason. Both struggled just as much as Dobbs did.