• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope so. He's got a great motor, but the only thing that concerns me was he got stonewalled a lot in that game. If a OT/TE got their hands on him he struggled. His go-to's in college won't work as well at this level.

He gets a bit more mentoring from his brother, he'll learn from the best in the biz how to cut that edge.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets a bit more mentoring from his brother, he'll learn from the best in the biz how to cut that edge.
Exactly. At this level he needs to learn more technique, but that will come. He's a smart kid from the sounds of it, and he'll be a great student of the game. He's in great hands right now learning from 2 of the best (Porter/Harrison). As for the hype train, I think Tomlin is right and everyone needs to get more perspective. Its easy to get caught up in the stat sheets, but it doesn't take a genius to notice that he benefited immensely from the D-line in the 1st half of that game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awful handsy there Cockrell!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real... The talent they have in that corps is unreal. For as much shit as we've given Coates for last year's blunders, he's still every bit as good as any WR3/4 on any team in the NFL. He just needs to stay healthy to prove it.

Hate to say it, but I don't see DHB sticking around this season. He's been having a rough camp from the sounds of it. His only saving grace is his ST's play. Something I have yet to hear anything on with Hunter. So if Coates comes back and carves out a role on ST then DHB is as good as gone.

For real.......
I don't care who you have as a DB.....
AB, Bryant, JuJu, the Outlaw, Eli, Coats.......how many top shelf DB's you got??????

Can't touch this.......:hammer:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real.......
I don't care who you have as a DB.....
AB, Bryant, JuJu, the Outlaw, Eli, Coats.......how many top shelf DB's you got??????

Can't touch this.......:hammer:
Ben will be saying all season long... "I f*cking dare you to double AB or Marty B" lol

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. At this level he needs to learn more technique, but that will come. He's a smart kid from the sounds of it, and he'll be a great student of the game. He's in great hands right now learning from 2 of the best (Porter/Harrison). As for the hype train, I think Tomlin is right and everyone needs to get more perspective. Its easy to get caught up in the stat sheets, but it doesn't take a genius to notice that he benefited immensely from the D-line in the 1st half of that game.

All I can say is........

WHERE ALL THOSE FIRST ROUND DRAFT COMPLAINERS NOW?????
Bitching about TJ being first pick......
Come on, show yourselves!!!! Don't make me dig up names, you know who you are!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask I can say is........

WHERE ALL THOSE FIRST ROUND DRAFT COMPLAINERS NOW?????
Bitching about TJ being first pick......
Come on, show yourselves!!!! Don't make me dig up names, you know who you are!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I don't recall anyone being outright angry about the pick, but only @Bridgeburner's "meh" comment comes to mind after they selected Watt.

But that's BB's style. He made some other remarks that I'm hoping he'll be kind enough to eat crow over. Especially over his "Limas Smith-Schuster" comment lol. He'll have to eat a buffet-style helping of crow for that one if S-S has a productive season. Not to mention him hatin on the Conner pick when they passed up on Perine.

I have the memory of an elephant... :heh:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note for @ATL96Steeler... I'm sure you watched the ATLvMIA preseason game. You see one of our pre-draft favorites, Harris, get bossed around like this? Pretty surprising!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better ice them ankles Ross...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better ice them ankles Ross...

These DB's have to be big on themselves.....lol even Chick, for doing their best to try to keep up with AB.

Talk about mission impossible!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These DB's have to be big on themselves.....lol even Chick, for doing their best to try to keep up with AB.

Talk about mission impossible!!!
If I were AB... I would have ran over to DC Butler & slapped him in the face after that play where Chick tried covering him. That play in the defensive scheme should be taken out to pasture. And any play where a LB not named Shazier is forced to cover AB. What lunacy!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were AB... I would have ran over to DC Butler & slapped him in the face after that play where Chick tried covering him. That play in the defensive scheme should be taken out to pasture. And any play where a LB not named Shazier is forced to cover AB. What lunacy!

It should be taken out regardless. No way any linebacker should be chasing a top shelf WR.
If he pulls that Shit during the season, we'll be playing Tomlin's fucked up D and having to wait another year.

But I'm hoping it was just done for shits and giggles.....I would hope!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be taken out regardless. No way any linebacker should be chasing a top shelf WR.
If he pulls that Shit during the season, we'll be playing Tomlin's fucked up D and having to wait another year.

Did I mention, I hope it was all in fun.

:lol:

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously! Butler is an idiot if he thinks that scheme would work. One thing I know for sure right now is that Butler is feelin the heat. In regards to his latest comments about his defense, he seems to be stressing a lot, which is good. Lets just hope he gets it ironed out before the season begins.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously! Butler is an idiot if he thinks that scheme would work. One thing I know for sure right now is that Butler is feelin the heat. In regards to his latest comments about his defense, he seems to be stressing a lot, which is good. Lets just hope he gets it ironed out before the season begins.

He can't say he didn't have good players.
And it seems these guys have the hunger and desire after the title game last year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't say he didn't have good players.
And it seems these guys have the hunger and desire after the title game last year.
No doubt. If Butler can apply the pressure he did with his successful 2015 season and not get cute with his "playing scared" zone schemes then this defense should be dominant.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers' DC says Artie Burns 'about 50-50' against Antonio Brown

I think some of these comments by Butler might be eluding to the Trumaine Johnson trade rumors @SteelersPride, @Psych-Ward, @ATL96Steeler... Very telling of what Butler thinks of his DB's right now. But that might be a farce given the fact that it is Antonio freaking Brown. The man is virtually unguardable. You have to be an elite CB to even get 50% on AB. Only 2-3 CBs have ever accomplished that in a game. AB will ALWAYS get his no matter how well you contest him. The level of competition will always bring out another level in AB, always has & always will. The man is the hardest working perfectionist in the business. If Trumaine Johnson gets signed I doubt even he'll be able to contest AB on 50% of snaps.

ill tkae 50-50 on AB