• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best Play of the Day: TE Jesse James battles with SS Sean Davis on goal-line lob to corner, snags ball off the bounce, keeps two feet in bounds. One of the better plays in camp.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying the Johnson trade... They would have to trade someone of worthiness for the Rams to consider it & it would be needed to clear out cap space for him unless a deal gets done? Not sure how that works, but it sounds tricky.

Unless some injuries are more serious than being reported, I wouldn't buy this. The media is known for boosting trade value by blowing smoke up everyone's asses.

Not to mention if the Steelers were that desperate, why wouldn't they kick the tires on Darrelle Revis? He could be had for much cheaper than Johnson's $17mil pricetag.
a draft pick? and a sign and trade on johnson?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a draft pick? and a sign and trade on johnson?
Last I knew the Steelers were sitting around $11mil in cap space. But $6mil still needs to come off of that. There would need to be an insane cap number, say Bell, traded away for them to get to that $17mil.

But if somehow they can work out a deal where Rams eat part of that salary then they could be in the mix. That could very well be what Colbert was calling about, if he even called at all.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs sounds like a pretty intelligent kid. I like that he can learn from Big Ben and maybe be a pretty decent backup just in case Ben goes down again this year. Starting to warm up to the thought of Dobbs being the future of this franchise. I still can't believe we signed Landry for another 4 years though. :gaah:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs sounds like a pretty intelligent kid. I like that he can learn from Big Ben and maybe be a pretty decent backup just in case Ben goes down again this year. Starting to warm up to the thought of Dobbs being the future of this franchise. I still can't believe we signed Landry for another 4 years though. :gaah:

Dobbs went to the same HS my boss sons went to...a private school in Johns Creek, they didn't know what they had...another kid was starting @ QB because I think he was a senior, and tradition etc...so he transferred, went on to TN and now in the NFL and the other kid never even played in college....go figure.

He was an Aero something engineering major at TN...silly GPA.

Landry...not always accurate but Spotrac is showing Landry's deal 2yrs/4.4

If Dobbs proves worthy of the 2 spot next yr...Landry's contract is not very painful to get out of.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dobbs went to the same HS my boss sons went to...a private school in Johns Creek, they didn't know what they had...another kid was starting @ QB because I think he was a senior, and tradition etc...so he transferred, went on to TN and now in the NFL and the other kid never even played in college....go figure.

He was an Aero something engineering major at TN...silly GPA.

Landry...not always accurate but Spotrac is showing Landry's deal 2yrs/4.4

If Dobbs proves worthy of the 2 spot next yr...Landry's contract is not very painful to get out of.

My biggest concern about Dobbs was his short to intermediate passing. He didn't have much touch or he was too hesitant instead of trusting his receviers. But I had that same concern with Ben when he first started out. I have faith he'll get those techniques & confidence more finely tuned with experience. Dobbs has a lot of similar traits as Ben at the early stages of their respective careers. Both have a decent ability to feel the pocket, both are mobile (surprisingly so for Ben's size), both have shown they can throw on the run when flushed, etc.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool video of Deebo & Peezy coaching the OLB's...

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.J. Watt's starter status: Mike Tomlin isn't getting 'suckered'

lol Tomlin... "I'll let him (Porter) address all those bold statements regarding rotations," Tomlin said. "You guy aren't suckering me into those waters."

Clearly Tomlin wants Deebo to be the starter. What is undecided is how much Deebo's snap count will be.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresh blood! Too bad for one of my sleeper fav's Severin. Had a horrible 1st preseason game and the roster is stacked at the position. Sucks but they could still find a way to sign him to the PS come season's start if he's still available.

@ATL96Steeler @SteelersPride @Ewa PGH Fan @Psych-Ward @Terry Rode

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good... Chick needs to get his ass out there. Sick of seeing him on the sidelines every camp.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steelers' DC says Artie Burns 'about 50-50' against Antonio Brown

I think some of these comments by Butler might be eluding to the Trumaine Johnson trade rumors @SteelersPride, @Psych-Ward, @ATL96Steeler... Very telling of what Butler thinks of his DB's right now. But that might be a farce given the fact that it is Antonio freaking Brown. The man is virtually unguardable. You have to be an elite CB to even get 50% on AB. Only 2-3 CBs have ever accomplished that in a game. AB will ALWAYS get his no matter how well you contest him. The level of competition will always bring out another level in AB, always has & always will. The man is the hardest working perfectionist in the business. If Trumaine Johnson gets signed I doubt even he'll be able to contest AB on 50% of snaps.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep an eye on...: Rookie cornerback Brian Allen, the receiver-turned-corner who isn't as much of a project as expected. The fifth-round pick had an interception in 11-man work Sunday. He jams at the line, his footwork is adequate and he's a willing tackler. Tracking the ball isn't a strong point but he's improving there.

@ATL96Steeler