• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in complete agreement, this is idiotic

BTW did you see the steelers are interested in traiding for trumain jonson

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in complete agreement, this is idiotic

BTW did you see the steelers are interested in traiding for trumain jonson

I saw something about it during the game last night, did a bit of reading and it seems there is talk about it.....
Not sure how true these talks are as of yet. Seems all the discussion is from outside sources right now, nothing on any of the Steelers sites to actually confirm it.

Either way, seems every time Tomlin trades for someone we get bit in the ass. I'll do a little more digging see what I can find.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something about it during the game last night, did a bit of reading and it seems there is talk about it.....
Not sure how true these talks are as of yet. Seems all the discussion is from outside sources right now, nothing on any of the Steelers sites to actually confirm it.

Either way, seems every time Tomlin trades for someone we get bit in the ass. I'll do a little more digging see what I can find.
i agree his trades suck. However, theres usually very little chatter with the steelers and trades, and when they come about, they usual are serious. But johnson is big money. I would love to solidify that secondary. I think it would make our D pretty fn good........

BUt would we be able to sign a contract, or are we on the hook for the franchise tag he has?? I dunno how that works

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree his trades suck. However, theres usually very little chatter with the steelers and trades, and when they come about, they usual are serious. But johnson is big money. I would love to solidify that secondary. I think it would make our D pretty fn good........

BUt would we be able to sign a contract, or are we on the hook for the franchise tag he has?? I dunno how that works

This is a quote from an article from an unreliable source that pretty much sums it up.......

I will be floored if the Steelers traded for Johnson and his nearly $17 million tag. It just doesn’t make sense. Besides, the Steelers don’t even have the salary cap space to afford that charge as it stands right now. They would have to restructure someone and then work out a long-term deal with Johnson down the road.

They would have to get him a contract ASAP to bring his numbers down.....which would also include renegotiating other contacts to get him under salary cap. Not sure they are of big ingest with this with the whole Bell bullshit still looming.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a quote from an article from an unreliable source that pretty much sums it up.......

I will be floored if the Steelers traded for Johnson and his nearly $17 million tag. It just doesn’t make sense. Besides, the Steelers don’t even have the salary cap space to afford that charge as it stands right now. They would have to restructure someone and then work out a long-term deal with Johnson down the road.

They would have to get him a contract ASAP to bring his numbers down.....which would also include renegotiating other contacts to get him under salary cap. Not sure they are of big ingest with this with the whole Bell bullshit still looming.
bell is pissing me off btw.

BUt johnson is not in the Rams plans. He knows that, everyone knows that. He MAY be willing to get a deal done with a contender, its just a thought

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
profootball focus has him rated around 24-25 best CB...........which puts him mid pack, may be a reasonable contract, bc the tag is merely to not let him get away, and because the rams suck and have cap space

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bell is pissing me off btw.

BUt johnson is not in the Rams plans. He knows that, everyone knows that. He MAY be willing to get a deal done with a contender, its just a thought

I'm with you on Bell......
I defended him to the end with all his stupid Shit, he is just showing everyone it's all about him and fuck anyone else.
Take his money bring D-Will back to pair up with Connor and even mentor the kid and just let Bell sit out the year.....Piss on him.

Just my feelings on it.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
profootball focus has him rated around 24-25 best CB...........which puts him mid pack, may be a reasonable contract, bc the tag is merely to not let him get away, and because the rams suck and have cap space

Lol, yea the article I sent you has him ranked 34 out of 79 qualifying CB's.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on Bell......
I defended him to the end with all his stupid Shit, he is just showing everyone it's all about him and fuck anyone else.
Take his money bring D-Will back to pair up with Connor and even mentor the kid and just let Bell sit out the year.....Piss on him.

Just my feelings on it.
im with u. I keep having this discussion with ppl. if Ben retires, bell becomes a huge liability with that contract. That money will be needed elsewhere.........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yea the article I sent you has him ranked 34 out of 79 qualifying CB's.
again, im ok with that, he may do better on a better team.......but it would certainly add some stability with the young core we have

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im with u. I keep having this discussion with ppl. if Ben retires, bell becomes a huge liability with that contract. That money will be needed elsewhere.........

I posted up an article, they wanted to pay him ballpark 16 mil a year and he turned it down because of he feels he should get pay for 2 poisons....that's great if it's offence and defence, but how the fuck can you play two poisons, on the field, at the same time?

The guy is an asshole.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted up an article, they wanted to pay him ballpark 16 mil a year and he turned it down because of he feels he should get pay for 2 poisons....that's great if it's offence and defence, but how the fuck can you play two poisons, on the field, at the same time?

The guy is an asshole.
jimmy graham tried that as well. i think hes worth money, but with no HOF qb. that 15 million is wastted

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy graham tried that as well. i think hes worth money, but with no HOF qb. that 15 million is wastted

There have been better backs in the NFL that could stake the claim Bell is trying to make.
LT, Darren Sproles, Marshall Faulk.....they got good money, but they also had pride in the team.
Bell, who we know is very good, cares nothing for the team. this is his best chance to get a ring, then hunt the money. He will never get that chance with the money he wants on a top level team.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been better backs in the NFL that could stake the claim Bell is trying to make.
LT, Darren Sproles, Marshall Faulk.....they got good money, but they also had pride in the team.
Bell, who we know is very good, cares nothing for the team. this is his best chance to get a ring, then hunt the money. He will never get that chance with the money he wants on a top level team.
exactly

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying the Johnson trade... They would have to trade someone of worthiness for the Rams to consider it & it would be needed to clear out cap space for him unless a deal gets done? Not sure how that works, but it sounds tricky.

Unless some injuries are more serious than being reported, I wouldn't buy this. The media is known for boosting trade value by blowing smoke up everyone's asses.

Not to mention if the Steelers were that desperate, why wouldn't they kick the tires on Darrelle Revis? He could be had for much cheaper than Johnson's $17mil pricetag.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about this? Do you agree with the GM or DeAngelo?

Steelers GM: Bell only hurting self with holdout

Essentially they are both correct. D-Will obviously isn't understanding the bigger picture though.

With Bell's holdout & refusal of $12mil per he has put himself in a position of do or die. He'll either have a season worthy of the HOF & get paid the money he wants, or he'll get injured again & look like an asshole by getting offered less than what the Steelers offered.

Either way, his chances of staying in Pittsburgh look rather slim. The Rooneys rarely invest much into players that aren't "team players". Clearly Bell is only looking out for himself, not his team. The contract he wants will not get done before this season so his current holdout is only making him look like an ass. I don't blame Bell for wanting to capitalize but he has to understand that he's only hurting his team right now. He needs to get his ass into the building.

I hope the Steelers run him until the wheels fall off this season. Slap a tag on him again if he proves worthy, then run the wheels off again! Then let some other team overpay for a lemon RB. lol

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bell's holdout & refusal of $12mil per he has put himself in a position of do or die. He'll either have a season worthy of the HOF & get paid the money he wants, or he'll get injured again & look like an asshole by getting offered less than what the Steelers offered.

Either way, his chances of staying in Pittsburgh look rather slim. The Rooneys rarely invest much into players that aren't "team players". Clearly Bell is only looking out for himself, not his team. The contract he wants will not get done before this season so his current holdout is only making him look like an ass. I don't blame Bell for wanting to capitalize but he has to understand that he's only hurting his team right now. He needs to get his ass into the building.

I hope the Steelers run him until the wheels fall off this season. Slap a tag on him again if he proves worthy, then run the wheels off again! Then let some other team overpay for a lemon RB. lol

TOTALLY :agree: