• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Offseason

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it... With the depth they have on the D-line it was bound to happen. Position flexibility becomes paramount. Same thing happened with the O-line.

We haven't seen Alualu play as a Steeler yet, but the vibe on him has been very good from coach Mitch...really seems to like what he's seeing from his top guys and specifically mentioned the progress of LT.

We were talking about Allen...kind of a mixed bag so far, but he's battling.

Brian Allen's Struggles In Coverage Mask Progress Elsewhere - Steelers Depot

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't seen Alualu play as a Steeler yet, but the vibe on him has been very good from coach Mitch...really seems to like what he's seeing from his top guys and specifically mentioned the progress of LT.

We were talking about Allen...kind of a mixed bag so far, but he's battling.

Brian Allen's Struggles In Coverage Mask Progress Elsewhere - Steelers Depot
Yea I heard somethin from Wolfey or Ilkin about Allen... IIRC whomever said he had troubles "playing the body". He was always in position to contest but couldn't make the plays & got outmatched. I'm glad to hear that he's starting to show some progress. Need his size on the roster!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 things we want to see in the Steelers first preseason game

1. No injuries... That's a given
  2. Dobbs at QB... Really excited for this. Anything but Landry lol.
  3. RBs sans Bell... Yep. Obviously we all want to see what Conner brings, but I also want to see what Davis has. Not to mention would love to see what all the fuss is about "Nightmare" Watson. Toussaint needs to show some big improvements as well. BBD & Williams could surprise.
  4. Players in street clothes... meaning more opportunities for the bottom feeders to prove their worth. On offense I'm looking forward to watching Conner, S-S, Grimble, Hunter & Rogers. All are guaranteed a spot but I'm curious about how each will look & how improved they'll be. On defense I'll be watching the LB's for Watt, V-Will, Matakevich, & Chickillo to impress. And obviously I'll want to see how the secondary looks. Looking forward to the slot position primarily. Sensabaugh & Hilton should see some extended work. Doubt Sutton will be healthy enough to play. On the D-line I'll be watching Alualu, Walton, Maxey & McCullers. Each have something to show or prove.
  5. New defensive scheme... Man coverage please, and lots more of it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put too much stock into it, but the initial depth chart is out.

Notable...Finney is 1st man up inside...C or G.

McCullers technically is the #2NT, they are listing LT Walton as #2LDE...Matakevich is #2Buck...

CB...no Sutton or Golson listed yet, it's Gay, Sensabaugh, Hilton 3, 4, & 5

Initial 2017 depth chart released 

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put too much stock into it, but the initial depth chart is out.

Notable...Finney is 1st man up inside...C or G.

McCullers technically is the #2NT, they are listing LT Walton as #2LDE...Matakevich is #2Buck...

CB...no Sutton or Golson listed yet, it's Gay, Sensabaugh, Hilton 3, 4, & 5

Initial 2017 depth chart released
TE... Not very enthused to see Grimble at #3. Thought he was ready to fill that hybrid role that Green left behind.

OLB... Moats listed as the #3. Keion Adams must still be dealing with an injury? Never read anything reported but he's been in street clothes for most practices.

ILB... If I'm reading this correctly, I think Matakevich is the #3 Buck? Interesting because he was the starter when V-Will wasn't practicing. Steve Johnson jumped him in the pecking order.

* Behind Ryan Shazier, it’s L.J. Fort, Steven Johnson, and Tyler Matakevich; behind Vince Williams, it’s Steven Johnson, Tyler Matakevich, and L.J. Fort.

ST... Rogers as the PR should be fun to watch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE... Not very enthused to see Grimble at #3. Thought he was ready to fill that hybrid role that Green left behind.

OLB... Moats listed as the #3. Keion Adams must still be dealing with an injury? Never read anything reported but he's been in street clothes for most practices.

ILB... If I'm reading this correctly, I think Matakevich is the #3 Buck? Interesting because he was the starter when V-Will wasn't practicing. Steve Johnson jumped him in the pecking order.

ST... Rogers as the PR should be fun to watch.

ILB...Good catch...Matakevich is running #3buck.

Keion Adams has been out of practice the last few days. Haven't heard much on him yet.

TE...if Haley would throw to Johnson more it wouldn't bother me a ton...I just hate stereo typing the roster. I would have to assume Grimble is not up to par run blocking.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILB...Good catch...Matakevich is running #3buck.

Keion Adams has been out of practice the last few days. Haven't heard much on him yet.

TE...if Haley would throw to Johnson more it wouldn't bother me a ton...I just hate stereo typing the roster. I would have to assume Grimble is not up to par run blocking.
ILB... Still doesn't make sense because nothing in the practices has indicated that Johnson would be the primary backup. Every practice report I've read had Dirty Red as the primary thus far. Not sure what the deal is, but I would still expect Dirty Red to be the primary come season start.

Adams... Still hoping to see this kid overtake Moats. Nothing against Arthur, but he was demoted for glaring issues last season. Now with Watt & Adams in the mix & Chick still on board, there's not really any benefit to keeping Moats around.

TE... Yea I don't think Grimble was ever kept around for his work in the trenches. He's the most dynamic TE on the roster, aside from the unknown Odom. I'll try not to read too far into the depth chart & wait for the preseason games to see how each is being used. I still expect Grimble to get some meaningful work lining up in the slot or inside release type stuff.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Overheard: "They must've forgot who I am," Antonio Brown after scoring a red-zone touchdown against a zone coverage Tuesday.

Exactly what we feared @ATL96Steeler ... Zone coverage is still part of the schemes smh

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rookie report: A quality all-around day for the Steelers' top-two picks. OLB T.J. Watt proved capable in one-on-one pass coverage against tight ends, drawing positive reviews from position coach Joey Porter. JuJu Smith-Schuster made the catch of the day, a diving grab over the middle from Ben Roethlisberger. Smith-Schuster had a false start in 11-man work but overall was good.