• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL Free Agents

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung disappointed me - maybe I'm blind.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're old and blind....

I don't think Okung was bad, but I was probably expecting a bit better too. Seemed like he went downhill after the Chargers concussion game. I almost expect him back though due to the crappy OL offseason options.

Also, Max Garcia got much much much better the final month of the season. So happy to see that... Garcia and Booker two players I pimped out for Denver to draft ended the season on a high note.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disenchanted with Max Garcia too. Still have nightmare visions of opposing teams abusing - everyone on the line expect Paradis (and even Paradis at times).

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm disenchanted with Max Garcia too. Still have nightmare visions of opposing teams abusing - everyone on the line expect Paradis (and even Paradis at times).
Primarily because Max is in my avatar.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung disappointed me - maybe I'm blind.
Well if you are,so is a large portion of Bronco fans. I will say he had more positive moments than Stephenson though. Unfortunately in today's NFL, fixing this o line could take some time and hanging on to Okung is probably a wise thing to do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you are,so is a large portion of Bronco fans. I will say he had more positive moments than Stephenson though. Unfortunately in today's NFL, fixing this o line could take some time and hanging on to Okung is probably a wise thing to do.

Betty White had more positive moments then Donald Stephenson on the football this season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and sadly, Stephenson was 3 times as good as Ty Sambrailo... Now, that is baaaad!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung looks like a RT to me but I did not key on his play all that much . he has the power though IMO .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have the grades on our OL and each player graded against others in the NFL?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure PFT does.

Chris Harris was ranked #1 CB.

As much as I loved Champ Bailey I think I give the crown to Chris Harris as best Denver Bronco CB ever. I didn't get to see many like Louis Wright (I do have a football card of him though) I think he retired about the same year I can remember football.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure PFT does.

As much as I loved Champ Bailey I think I give the crown to Chris Harris as best Denver Bronco CB ever. I didn't get to see many like Louis Wright (I do have a football card of him though) I think he retired about the same year I can remember football.

Trust me it is so good to be a Broncos fan right now CB wise ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure PFT does.

DC, remember the discussion over at KFFL a few years ago - about Harris, Champ and Talib

Both Harris and Talib have been great, consistently, since then

But here's the question:

Is Harris better than Talib ?? ... I say no ... so is Talib better than Champ ??

It's not fair to compare, but fun ...

Champ had six different defensive coordinators here during his 10 year career with the Broncos

- Larry Coyer
- Bob Slowik ( seriously, WTF was Shanahan thinking ?? )
- Mike Nolan
- Don Martindale
- Dennis Allen
- Jack Del Rio

What would Champ have been in the Wade Phillips defense of the past few years ??

What would Chris Harris have been in Bob Slowik's defense ??

Right now, as I was back on KFFL, I am debating Champ vs Talib as #1

An argument could be made for any of the three

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure PFT does.

Having watch both for their entire careers in Denver gotta still go with champ
Teams would never test champ for entire games at a time

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have seen Champ with this defense in his prime. I think conversations about he and Deion would have been more frequent.
Not fair to compare yet, but I'm still taking Champion over Harris and Talib right now.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if he had Alex Gibbs to coach him up!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Champ in this D could be insane, but you can't really get any better then Chris Harris has been, but I do agree... Not fair to compare way different D's among the CB's we are discussing. Either way Harris and Talib ar easily two of the best CB's we have ever had.

I always felt bad for Dre Bly and whatever #2 CB was next to Champ, back then we had no pass rush, no D and the #2 CB got thrown at constantly with no time to react. Dre Bly was a very good CB, he just got the raw end of the deal here as he was set up to fail.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better what if - would be what if Champ had an opposite CB like Talib or Harris (or D. Williams)?

I agree Champ Bailey would have re-written every record book - if he was a CB on the Wade Phillip's defenses we saw the last two years.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when I look at the difference between our sb team and this year the ol is not what stands out. Our special teams literally cost us 2 games alone. That means we could have been very easily been 11-5. Then the changes to D to accommodate Miller's contract was noticeable. The constant points allowed on first drives was terrible, run defense without Malik and trevathan and TE coverage was below average. Ignoring the offense for just a minute had those issues been properly addressed (and I pointed out my concerns about Norwood after super bowl even though his big risk paid off). But when you are a d oriented team you must have impeccable special teams... thought Dixon would kill us, but he was ok and should get even better. Next year with an easier schedule and improvement in those aspects we could return to top of the division.... without much improvement on offense.

However, playoffsor not this year we weren't going to win anything with that offense. I continue to believe the OL isn't quite the mess it is made out to be, as I can't ignore that we had more big plays with CJ and forsett than booker running it. That isn't to say it was good of course. RT was terrible.. but starting a swing tackle backup will do that. We got kcs RT and they upgraded in FA ... I think a solid vet is in order to settle that down. But, a strong interior OG to pair with Paridis would be a must and I think we could look at that as a possibility in 1st rd of draft. Dan Feeney is excellent in pass pro (somewhat due to system) but as an OG is a very safe high upside player available.

We also need to figure out a TE and RB. CJ as much as I like him is injury prone and Booker is better suited for backup than lead role (nothing wrong with that for a mid rd draft pick). He showed good hands bad blitz pickup and bad vision but showed some grit ... runs hard not best power though so I think he profiles best as a relief back who needs to work on pass pro like many young backs.

On d -we need to to do something with that DL sly wasn't great and really need two starters and depth, ilb was a problem and a safety who can cover a rb/TE is a big need. I like Simmons and think they are ok but if we could trade up for Adams that would be tremendous. Talib over 30 and cb can fade fast. I thought Robey was becoming a stud but he had down year... I wouldn't pass on an elite cb in this draft as there are some good options at our pick.

Basically

Needs og, RT, TE, rb, lb (x2), DL(x3 2 starters and depth), cb, s

We need a lot honestly and I would invest in locking up wade and refill the cupboards that were emptied on the D as we don't have enough young talent I know that would disappoint people but the D is this teams strength and you protect that first because we don't have a lot of depth... another elite pass rusher would be good too as ware departs and Shane looks more like an 8 sack guy than 16 sack guy