• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, which is exactly why I don't like it.

I get that the Warriors are the heavy favorites, but their odds of winning the title is less than 100%, even if completely healthy.
I think those odds are the same for EVERY team when 100% is the number.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers don't start Kyle Kuzma over Ingram, then they must be out of their rabid ass mind lol.
Ingram hasn't played well.

I still think he will be fine once they have everyone healthy.

But, KCP has been absolute dog shit.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hoping for the real KCP to show up once the season starts...:hope:
Dude, what happens if this is the real KCP?....lol

Brook Lopez will open things up for everyone because he is a threat from everywhere on the floor.

Kuzma is a stud.

Clarkson is going to be a top 6th man.

Ingram will do much better as the #2 option.

But, KCP needs to get his shit together.

If he's not defending well, why have him on the floor?

Not sold on Randle and definitely wouldn't extend him until I know George isn't coming.

I like Nance and Kuzma splitting time at the 4. So, Julius would be trade bait.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those odds are the same for EVERY team when 100% is the number.

My point is that - even if completely healthy - the Warriors are not a 100% lock to win the finals. You might think the odds are relaly high... 90%, 95%, whatever... but there is a chance someone else gets it done.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Adam Silver said it beat to effect that other teams build better teams and compete. Besides that, who is to say that with Wade and IT, the Cavaliers can't beat them?
Anyone with eyes & a functioning brain? (as long as GS stays healthy)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that - even if completely healthy - the Warriors are not a 100% lock to win the finals. You might think the odds are relaly high... 90%, 95%, whatever... but there is a chance someone else gets it done.
There's a chance that I end up being the meat in a Halle Berry and Shamar Moore sammich.

I guess a small chance is better than none...lol

Seriously, the Cavs, Spurs, Thunder have a punchers chance.

But, I don't see it happening.

Everyone else is cannon fodder.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with eyes & a functioning brain? (as long as GS stays healthy)
What else would you expect him say? The Warriors did it the straight up and the way I figure it, that leaves the Lakers free to do the same thing. I am selfishly thinking of what the Lakers can do when the Warriors begin to decline.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They thought the Lakers were a lock in their fourth straight was well back in 2003 or so with Kobe and Shaq. LeBron announced that Miami would easily win seven in a row and was unbeatable. Those two examples alone tells me you are 100% correct. It's a long season and anything can happen. Lakers were slated for 30 wins, and with Andrew Bynum, they were in first place until Bynum got injured, the Lakers were gloriously given Gasol for Kwame Brown and they then went to the finals three years in a row and as I recall - Not many gave the Lakers a chance in 2008. Nothing is guaranteed as you pointed out

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that - even if completely healthy - the Warriors are not a 100% lock to win the finals.
I mean, I thought this point went without saying....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They thought the Lakers were a lock in their fourth straight was well back in 2003 or so with Kobe and Shaq. LeBron announced that Miami would easily win seven in a row and was unbeatable. Those two examples alone tells me you are 100% correct. It's a long season and anything can happen. Lakers were slated for 30 wins, and with Andrew Bynum, they were in first place until Bynum got injured, the Lakers were gloriously given Gasol for Kwame Brown and they then went to the finals three years in a row and as I recall - Not many gave the Lakers a chance in 2008. Nothing is guaranteed as you pointed out
Y'all can rub the shit outta a rabbit's foot, not step on cracks, not splitting poles, turn the lights out in the bathroom and say bloody Mary 3 times, pray to Alah, Jehovah et al...

None of that shit is gonna help. So, save the platitudes.

Unless Anthony Davis gets traded to the Spurs, nobody is beating the Warriors outside of the Grimm Reaper, Father Time, Mother Nature or Draymond and his big ass mouth.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all can rub the shit outta a rabbit's foot, not step on cracks, not splitting poles, turn the lights out in the bathroom and say bloody Mary 3 times, pray to Alah, Jehovah et Al....

Save the platitudes.

Unless Anthony Davis gets traded to the Spurs, nobody is beating the Warriors outside of the Grimm Reaper, Father Time, Mother Nature or Draymond and his big ass mouth.
I think anything is possible even though the odds are pretty good that the Warriors do win. All it takes is one injury to turn the tide. Look how the tide turned for Miami - Once Bosh developed blood clots, they were done. It has been said that Stephen Curry wants a maximum contract next time. Lets see how that works. Most likely the Warriors goes home as champions two years straight and may be a third, but as competitive as the NBA is, some one is going to find a way to challenge them eventually.

In the mean time - Good luck to the Clippers:suds:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anything is possible even though the odds are pretty good that the Warriors do win. All it takes is one injury to turn the tide. Look how the tide turned for Miami - Once Bosh developed blood clots, they were done. It has been said that Stephen Curry wants a maximum contract next time. Lets see how that works. Most likely the Warriors goes home as champions two years straight and may be a third, but as competitive as the NBA is, some one is going to find a way to challenge them eventually.

In the mean time - Good luck to the Clippers:suds:
Dude, what are you talking about?

Curry got a max deal two months ago.

Do you mean Durant, Dray or Klay?

As far as anything being possible, sure.

It's possible that I will be a millionaire after the Mega Millions drawing tomorrow.

But, is it probable or even likely?

Reactions: LAD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mean time, Tyrone Lue says Wade will be starting for the Cavs, so LeBron and Wade - with Isaiah Thomas if and when healthy

SG - Dwayne Wade
PG - Derrick Rose/Isaiah Thomas/Jose Calderon
SF - LeBron James
PF - Jae Crowder
C - Kevin Love

They could be pretty good if they can stay healthy - but injuries could easily decimate them as well. I know that if available, I would be betting big on at least Rose or Love being injured

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, what are you talking about?

Curry got a max deal two months ago.

Do you mean Durant, Dray or Klay?

As far as anything being possible, sure.

It's possible that I will be a millionaire after the Mega Millions drawing tomorrow.

But, is it probable or even likely?
Perhaps, I read something dated then - some times the old articles pops up on my computer and I miss the dates.

I gave up on hitting the lottery decades ago, but I did, I will share some with you:D

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the mean time, Tyrone Lue says Wade will be starting for the Cavs, so LeBron and Wade - with Isaiah Thomas if and when healthy

SG - Dwayne Wade
PG - Derrick Rose/Isaiah Thomas/Jose Calderon
SF - LeBron James
PF - Jae Crowder
C - Kevin Love

They could be pretty good if they can stay healthy - but injuries could easily decimate them as well. I know that if available, I would be betting big on at least Rose or Love being injured
I would not count on Thomas nor Rose.

Isaiah is gonna take awhile to get into shape and those guys will be several months into the Season.

My first thought about starting Love at Center was...

It's better than starting Dirk.

But, after thinking about it more , I realized he's gonna be a big mismatch on the offensive end because bigs don't want to have to guard on the perimeter and he is pulling them out of the post with his ability to shoot the three ball.

But, on the other end?

He has to be on the floor to take advantage of that mismatch and he can't do that if he's in foul trouble.

On a positive note, how many true Centers will he have to face?

Cavs are still top of the food chain in the East as long as Bron is healthy.