• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To don't want Irving.

You couldn't get him without giving up Ingram or Ball. Better to keep options open next summer.

Clarkson, Randle, Deng, and a 2024-2026 1st rounder.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta do some research, it's my turn in the mock Fantasy draft. Be back.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To don't want Irving.

You couldn't get him without giving up Ingram or Ball. Better to keep options open next summer.

People really are overhyping Irving. Good and talented player. But is no one really concerned with the fact that he just wants to put up stats in an attempt to get more money? He's in a prime position at the moment to be back in the Finals and have another shot at contention. Yet he's wanting to stray away from the best player in the game right now.

I've seen media members in Miami mentioning having Irving on the Heat. That would require given up Dragic and Winslow/Dion; likely the latter since the two (Irving) don't get along. I'd rather ride with 7/11.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dj.....be serious.

Why would the Cavs take Deng back?

You also can't give up a 1st round pick that far into the future.....I'm 90% sure of that. Cleveland's not going to take back Deng.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an asshat.

Lonzo seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders, very surprising as he grew up in that household.
Yeah, I love that kid.

It's kind of Ironic that the Showtime Lakers are headlined by two stoic, introverted Stars in the making.

Lopez is the most gregarious guy on the roster now that the Swagmiester is gone.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also can't give up a 1st round pick that far into the future.....I'm 90% sure of that. Cleveland's not going to take back Deng.
He has been Lebron's replacement two times, once with the Cavs.

Both on short term deals.

Nobody is taking that shit contract and giving them a Allstar in return.

Lmao....didn't even realize the year he put on the pick.

My bad.

He's obviously joking!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I just might (MIGHT) consider giving up Ingram and whatever other contracts would be necessary to make the trade happen. Ingram looks like he has a load of potential but you never know how a player will develop.....and all jokes aside, Irving is a really good player. He can light it up and a backcourt of Ball and Irving would be sick and take scoring pressure off Ball so he can just pass, rebound, defend (I think he has some serious potential there, think his wingspan is 6-9 if I remember right) and no we wouldn't get James next summer, but we could get PG and maybe re-sign Lopez.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People really are overhyping Irving. Good and talented player. But is no one really concerned with the fact that he just wants to put up stats in an attempt to get more money? He's in a prime position at the moment to be back in the Finals and have another shot at contention. Yet he's wanting to stray away from the best player in the game right now.

I've seen media members in Miami mentioning having Irving on the Heat. That would require given up Dragic and Winslow/Dion; likely the latter since the two (Irving) don't get along. I'd rather ride with 7/11.
I told @vye103 the same thing and he spit in my eye...lol

source.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe those comparisons between Ingram and KD. It's crazy talk.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I just might (MIGHT) consider giving up Ingram and whatever other contracts would be necessary to make the trade happen. Ingram looks like he has a load of potential but you never know how a player will develop.....and all jokes aside, Irving is a really good player. He can light it up and a backcourt of Ball and Irving would be sick and take scoring pressure off Ball so he can just pass, rebound, defend (I think he has some serious potential there, think his wingspan is 6-9 if I remember right) and no we wouldn't get James next summer, but we could get PG and maybe re-sign Lopez.

You'd have by far the weakest defensive backcourt in NBA history. Ingram looks like he's going to be good. I'd rather stick with the assets that you have now and take a chance at a PG/Lebron tandem next offseason. You don't find it concerning that teams with Kyrie as the lead man are just atrocious? That doesn't ring off any alarms?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving just said that to get out of Cleveland......if he was serious he wouldn't have included Minnesota. He can't think he'd be the man there with Towns and Butler.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dj....no.

You have your young nucleus.

Be patient.

Even with George and Irving, you aren't beating the Warriors until George is past his prime.I

If Lebron and Kyrie couldn't, George and Kyrie surely cant.

Just wait.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have by far the weakest defensive backcourt in NBA history. Ingram looks like he's going to be good. I'd rather stick with the assets that you have now and take a chance at a PG/Lebron tandem next offseason. You don't find it concerning that teams with Kyrie as the lead man are just atrocious? That doesn't ring off any alarms?

In fairness, there wasn't a ton of talent on those teams before Love and James returned.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dj....no.

You have your young nucleus.

He patient.

Even with George and Irving, you aren't beating the Warriors until George is last his prime.

Just wait.

GS has 2-3 years before they have to start figuring things out when Thompson and Green both are up for big raises. I think their reign is going to be pretty short.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Stockton and Kobe.....off to a good start with my Fantasy squad.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving just said that to get out of Cleveland......if he was serious he wouldn't have included Minnesota. He can't think he'd be the man there with Towns and Butler.
Buddy ball.

He and Butler want to play together.

I think it's disrespectful to Jeff Teague that Butler and KAT are openly recruiting him when they just signed a pg.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I'd like to see Irving in New York. Or Miami.