• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NBA DRAFT

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
x b
George and Porzingas make more sense because they are both still young. But Porzingas, looks as though he may have injury issues. He played in, I believe 72 and 66 games in his 2 seasons. That seems like a lot of games missed for a guy who is only 2 years in.

Maybe he'll be similar to Kyrie and Steph Curry who both appear to have put early injury issues behind them? But, he could also be Andrew Bynum whose injury issues just got worse and forced him out of the league.

I'm not sure the Lakers are in a position to take that chance.
Personally - I would love to hold my cards and play them. A little patience quite possibly sets the Lakers up long term. I am okay with a LeBron James of Paul George who are short term fixes only, but I would rather keep the majority of the young team. Honestly I liked the D'angelo Russell & Mozgov for Lopez because of the expiring contract and the one year rental on Lopez who is really a good player. I like having a 7 foot center who can play ball and be the last line of defense. That could work out really nice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
x b

Personally - I would love to hold my cards and play them. A little patience quite possibly sets the Lakers up long term. I am okay with a LeBron James of Paul George who are short term fixes only, but I would rather keep the majority of the young team. Honestly I liked the D'angelo Russell & Mozgov for Lopez because of the expiring contract and the one year rental on Lopez who is really a good player. I like having a 7 foot center who can play ball and be the last line of defense. That could work out really nice.

If you are patient, you might just get LeBron and George to play with Ball and Ingram.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day George stays on the Pacers.....they lose leverage. He can't be on their team when the season opens since he's made it clear he intends on leaving....if he's on the opening day roster how awkward would that be?

sburks1906

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think had Fultz no damn business going ahead of Lonzo Ball, let alone as the top overall pick. FWIW, I think Lonzo is the best player in this draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are patient, you might just get LeBron and George to play with Ball and Ingram.
The only thing the Lakers really need to do is dump the Deng Contract or convert him into a stud long enough to get value(this ain't gonna happen by the way - just saying) without losing Ball or Ingram.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every day George stays on the Pacers.....they lose leverage. He can't be on their team when the season opens since he's made it clear he intends on leaving....if he's on the opening day roster how awkward would that be?

I disagree.

In fact, it may be just the opposite as teams scramble to try and outbid one another. The deal probably happens this summer, but the trade packages I am seeing today are far better than the ones I saw last week.

Cavs better step up, or the Celtics might become a legit peer. Hayward and George would be serious additions to an already talented squad. Lakers should just sit back and watch it all play out.