• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Lions Draft Thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really struggling with this 3rd pick. I think with the addition of Hayden we might look at safety instead of CB this year. I might change back in 2 weeks. have to feel it out.

1 OLB Reddick Temple
2 DT Adams Aub (Hill wont make the team and Adams is moving up a round)
3 S Williams Utah
4 RB Hunt Toledo
4 WR Golladay NIL
5 TE Saubert Drake
5 DE Davis Chattanooga or Dimick Utah
6 DT Coward ODU (need to replace Ngata)
6 G Are FSU or other C/G (need to send LT back to school)

The first 3 rounds there are many scenarios that would work though. We could also go

1 S Peppers MI
2 LB Mitchell OSU or Davis FL or other that could drop like Watt or Williams or Riley
3 DT Qualls WA

It will depend on what positions go first before our picks. This second scenario is growing on me though.

I would be shocked if Williams fell to the late 3rd, I would be very excited if it happens though. He could end up very good.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really struggling with this 3rd pick. I think with the addition of Hayden we might look at safety instead of CB this year. I might change back in 2 weeks. have to feel it out.

1 OLB Reddick Temple
2 DT Adams Aub (Hill wont make the team and Adams is moving up a round)
3 S Williams Utah

It will depend on what positions go first before our picks. This second scenario is growing on me though.

Not knowledgeable enough to do the multi-round drafts like you, Old Lion. My question is, how much do you weigh on your projected picks physical health over their college career and mental health (i.e., lack of character issues) when you are projecting who to take?

The reason I ask is that it seems the Lions, in previous regimes, gambled heavily on these attributes. It may lead to a discount on draft day, but I don't see where a team like the Lions should go bargain shopping in the first two rounds, and even the first four are a stretch. Solid health, physical and mental, should be basic attributes to determine BPA. Let's face it, very few teams are so stacked at any position that they can't go BPA to either get younger, build for the future, or gather trade bait.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if Williams fell to the late 3rd, I would be very excited if it happens though. He could end up very good.

Happens to me every year. These guys start climbing and get drafted earlier then projected.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not knowledgeable enough to do the multi-round drafts like you, Old Lion. My question is, how much do you weigh on your projected picks physical health over their college career and mental health (i.e., lack of character issues) when you are projecting who to take?

The reason I ask is that it seems the Lions, in previous regimes, gambled heavily on these attributes. It may lead to a discount on draft day, but I don't see where a team like the Lions should go bargain shopping in the first two rounds, and even the first four are a stretch. Solid health, physical and mental, should be basic attributes to determine BPA. Let's face it, very few teams are so stacked at any position that they can't go BPA to either get younger, build for the future, or gather trade bait.

Agreed. I might not value College career as much except for a few games because playing against guys who wont be in the pros tells us little. I do like healthy players who dont cause trouble and can learn the pro game easily too. I want the most complete player if possible (usually isnt though).

Also, I certainly dont know everything about every player or I would not change my draft 10 times every year:D

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 OLB Reddick Temple

Can't get on board with that he only has one game played as a LB(senior bowl) and he has an Aaron Maybin frame i just don't think he will be able to bulk up enough to play DE in the NFL. He might be a good fit at LEO if we brought in a new DC that actually blitzed. Like your other picks though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion
Not that a 7th round kid always makes a impact. I would attempt to select a project LB or WR with that last pick. Getting LT removed from the roster can be done with a UDFA at that point IMO.

I see you stuck with the Drake TE but have soured on Tanzel Smart. Just wondering if you saw something? I'm still sold on him in mid rounds.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion
Not that a 7th round kid always makes a impact. I would attempt to select a project LB or WR with that last pick. Getting LT removed from the roster can be done with a UDFA at that point IMO.

I have Golladay already in the middle rounds and Williams is still sort of a project at LB although I hope he steps up this year.

I see you stuck with the Drake TE but have soured on Tanzel Smart. Just wondering if you saw something? I'm still sold on him in mid rounds.

I still like Smart a lot. The way my guys are moving up the draft board I will probably have to move them up and stick Smart in there as one of the 4th rounders. It will come down to what positions the other teams make a run on. Drafts rarely go exactly the way they are planned.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson. The Lions are going full Johnson. Lost a Johnson last year. Draft a Johnson this year. Who here wants some Johnson?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^
:lebowski2:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob, whatever you do, don't draft Dalvin Cook. He will be a bust. Draft Roderick Johnson, the guy that made Cook look good.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back to first-pick. I did not like how it turned out. I kept seeing players available that I felt are too good to pass up and ended up with Talent, but no real needs filled until late. I maintain that if Jamal Adams falls to 21 like he did here we would be crazy not to pick him.

1. Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
2. Kevin King, CB, Washington
3. Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (damned value!!!!!!!)
4. Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan
5. Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina
6. TJ Logan, RB, North Carolina (I hated this pick as soon as I made it. Another Small RB)
6. Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE, NorthWestern (REACH!!!!)
7. Kennan Gilchrist, OLB, Appalacan State (I actually like this one)

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back to first-pick. I did not like how it turned out. I kept seeing players available that I felt are too good to pass up and ended up with Talent, but no real needs filled until late. I maintain that if Jamal Adams falls to 21 like he did here we would be crazy not to pick him.

1. Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
2. Kevin King, CB, Washington
3. Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (damned value!!!!!!!)
4. Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan
5. Ryan Switzer, WR, North Carolina
6. TJ Logan, RB, North Carolina (I hated this pick as soon as I made it. Another Small RB)
6. Ifeadi Odenigbo, DE, NorthWestern (REACH!!!!)
7. Kennan Gilchrist, OLB, Appalacan State (I actually like this one)

Obviously I like Adams and Williams. You may be right though in that Willaims may not be there that late in 3. Glasgow looks like another Zettle. I dont think we need more than 1 of those. Rest are OK. I Like Gilchrist too. Could be a nice depth guy with upside.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I like Adams and Williams. You may be right though in that Willaims may not be there that late in 3. Glasgow looks like another Zettle. I dont think we need more than 1 of those. Rest are OK. I Like Gilchrist too. Could be a nice depth guy with upside.

First-Pick seems to be off on a lot of it's player values, but still fun to run. When I saw Adams there I should have traded back.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First-Pick seems to be off on a lot of it's player values, but still fun to run. When I saw Adams there I should have traded back.

I like doing that site with a bunch of trades involved. I trade back in the first once or twice and then use those picks to move back up early.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21 Charles Harris DE
53 Caleb Brantley 3 tech
85 Chad Hansen WR
128 Kareem Hunt RB
165 Channing Stribling CB
205 Ben Boulware MLB - Fantastic leader who can take on bigger linemen, cover well, and stuff the run may be a tad small and isn't very fast.
215 Jordan Sterns SS/ST
250 Paul Magloire LB/ST - These last 2 aren't gifted athletes , but they're try hards that are smart players both would be good additions to the ST and maybe decent backups down the road