• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally I believe but moved away a while ago. He can tell you the story, but he's definitely familiar with the area.

Hey stop by LeBron's crib in Bath & tell him I said hi.:D

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright. Been busy as hell. Mrs Redfoot had our third kid in November, so we've had to go into zone coverage. Slink Jr's (7yo) has started up baseball and soccer and I volunteered to be the head coach for the baseball team. The middle one, Slinkette, is into gymnastics and dance. Between all that shit and my job, it's insane.

Still been cooking, though. I got a sous vide deal for Christmas. Just made some awesome leg of lamb with it for Easter. I'll see if I can't get a pic of it up in the cooking forum.

How've you been?
Same. Busy as hell. Been traveling much more than normal recently, and since early February it's been nonstop with adding new vendors and dealing with other shit. There's a new Ms. ATF that has been occupying my time, as well. She's just awful, so naturally things are going as well as they possibly can. Meeting someone with my propensity for drinking and showing disdain for others has been a breath of fresh air. Plus she has a shitload of connections for tickets to OSU/Columbus/Cleveland area sport events, which is nice. Also been cooking more - making filet tonight, in fact.

Congrats on the new little one!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! My office is in Montrose, right around the corner from his place. I could literally be at his gate in about three minutes.

Whatever you do don't tell wiggyruss you live that close to LeBron. It would drive him crazy.

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pricey market, but they carried things you just can't find anywhere else.

If you were going to get steaks, I didn't feel their quality justified the price (except for flank and brisket - which are cheap cuts anyway). But some of their seafood was great and I could get a lot of specialty stuff.

Mostly, it was an Akron landmark. Had been there forever and I know foodies around the region (if not the country) who were aware of West Point Market. Call me crazy, but I was proud of it. Now we've got a Whole Foods, just like every other fuckball small town in the US.
Redfoot misses the days when Akron was a 3 fuckball town

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tangiers is still there. The Diamond Grill is a damned institution - only way that place will ever close is if the owners decide to close it. I did hear something about a possible sale a year or two ago, but I'm not sure if there was any truth to it.
Some oompa loompa from Arkansas tried to buy it, but they figured out pretty quick he was full of shit

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the Falls...hoping the move was a good one for you

It was just an office. I didn't live there. Still live in the Bath area.

I never really go to Cuyahoga Falls much, although they do have a really nice new movie theater.

Billythekid

I'LL MAKE YA FAMOUS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just an office. I didn't live there. Still live in the Bath area.

I never really go to Cuyahoga Falls much, although they do have a really nice new movie theater.
I just always got the vibe that the Falls felt it was more elite than Akron. That don't sit right with me!

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that when you go to Akron....you stop at Strickland's Ice Cream near the airport. The rest is a blur of my wives relatives.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger catcher James McCann has 7 hits so far this season....5 are homeruns.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander had an ERA of about 5.40 through early May last year. Last I checked, he finished runner-up for the CY. Anyone who has watched him regularly knows that sluggish April starts are not all that unusual for him.

Yeah, I realize this was a taunt directed at Doug. Still....
Iffy never lets the truth get in his way