• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap! 4-0 Yankees. I should have NEVER listened to that idiot @dougplayer.
The only winners doug ever picked, were out of his nose. Damn

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to figure out what is going on with the Rays and the A's before they consider adding teams. Plus, 30 teams is enough.

The only way 32 makes sense is to have 16 teams in each league and ditch interleague gayness.

The As need a new stadium is what they need. I can FULLY understand why fans don't go to games in that piss hole that doubles as a football stadium.

Most baseball fans are going to be established fans, not sure how much interest a new team would draw these days. I saw Portland was one of the maybe cities, just don't see Portland gathering a huge long standing baseball following.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The As need a new stadium is what they need. I can FULLY understand why fans don't go to games in that piss hole that doubles as a football stadium.

Most baseball fans are going to be established fans, not sure how much interest a new team would draw these days. I saw Portland was one of the maybe cities, just don't see Portland gathering a huge long standing baseball following.
You would think baseball fans in Portland would gravitate to the Mariners similarly to New England fans liking the Sox or Yankees.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think baseball fans in Portland would gravitate to the Mariners similarly to New England fans liking the Sox or Yankees.

Yea.

MLB is just one of those things, where even if your state doesn't have a team, you generally end up rooting for one thats close enough, or a national team like the Yankees/Red Sox/Braves/Cubs from a young age.

If you're a Mariners or whatever fan in Portland, you aren't going to change a lifetime of fanhood just because Portland all of a sudden gets a team.

I think the NFL and NBA could succeed somewhat expansion/team moving wise (NBA has with OKC, Texans/Panthers in NFL have at least decent followings and are fairly new expansion franchises) just don't see it for the MLB though.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug, is this suppose to make sense? D'Backs = 93-69 in 2017. Made the postseason. YOUR team? Dead last.

As long as that DETROIT logo is on your avatar doug......you are connected.
That mwans?? About la Russo dumb fuck?? D back gave him the boot. What's that got to do with tigers dumb fuck???

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new MLB expansion is likely to end up just like the Marlins or Rays. People may show up when they are seriously winning, but otherwise the stadium is half or more empty.

Tampa Bay had a run of decent attendance years the year they went to the WS and the few years after. It's tanked back to awful early 2000s numbers now though.

People actually could really care less about the Marlins even when they are winning, they won the world series in 2003 and their attendance that year was still bad.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap! 4-0 Yankees. I should have NEVER listened to that idiot @dougplayer.
The only winners doug ever picked, were out of his nose. Damn
Don't know how many games in a series.
D ont know how many innings in a game
Don't know h ow many quarters in a football game.
Iffy the dumb ass.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers are already tired of playing golf. Their post season started in early August.
(I still see that Tiger logo on your avatar. LOL)
Why don't you take that loser. E down on your icons? See you take out your ass. They are the biggest loser on college football. Why don't you have a d back up? They are losers like you

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new MLB expansion is likely to end up just like the Marlins or Rays. People may show up when they are seriously winning, but otherwise the stadium is half or more empty.

Tampa Bay had a run of decent attendance years the year they went to the WS and the few years after. It's tanked back to awful early 2000s numbers now though.

People actually could really care less about the Marlins even when they are winning, they won the world series in 2003 and their attendance that year was still bad.

I always thought the Carolinas maybe Charlotte might be a good landing spot for a team ... It's good to see intelligent baseball discussed here.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought the Carolinas maybe Charlotte might be a good landing spot for a team ... It's good to see intelligent baseball discussed here.

The Carolina's would be a lot better off than Portland I think. I just don't see Portland as being a city that would care much about baseball.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carolina's would be a lot better off than Portland I think. I just don't see Portland as being a city that would care much about baseball.

Granola eaters on bicycles is what I think of for Portland, but you never know. What changed in Montreal, they are in the mix for an expansion team.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault, my fault. I was hoping Verlander got back to the WS, so I listened to the advice of the biggest loser on SportsHoopla....@dougplayer.
If you want someone to pick your your nose or your ass, doug is your guy. A sports pick? Ask your dog before you ask doug.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they taking away the Indians from cleveland?? Like they did the browns???

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fault, my fault. I was hoping Verlander got back to the WS, so I listened to the advice of the biggest loser on SportsHoopla....@dougplayer.
If you want someone to pick your your nose or your ass, doug is your guy. A sports pick? Ask your dog before you ask doug.
Some one tell this dumb ass how long this series is. He has no clue about any thing but licking nuts

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday: Verlander is the last chance against Yankees
Saturday: Michigan travels to Happy Valley to play #2 PSU

Doug has picked Verlander and Michigan. I guess you all know where the SMART MONEY is going!

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2001 bawwwwhhaww
Tell us again about the big win in 2001 grand pa
Bawwwhaaa

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you take that loser. E down on your icons? See you take out your ass. They are the biggest loser on college football. Why don't you have a d back up?

Doug: This IS a Diamondbacks' logo. I have had the icon on my avatar forever. You just know nothing about baseball.
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

lgo_mlb_arizona_diamondbacks

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you take that loser. E down on your icons?

I graduated from Eastern Michigan University doug. What college/grade school did YOU graduate from. It sure wasn't the UM. Or do you want to tell everyone your Bo Schembechler story again? LOL

th

Tell us all about your educational background doug. From your posts, I think most people can tell you are very poorly educated...bordering on illiterate.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think so too. That is why I can't figure out this expansion talk. I'm not sure what MLB's angle is here. I really don't think they are strongly considering either Portland or Montreal.