• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The contract is nothing from a business standpoint. They have to sell tickets and BG will help dp that. I love Harris as a player but he doesn't have the marketability or personality to do what BG can as far as selling tickets and being the face of the franchise.

If Jackson can stay healthy, that's huge. Ish Smith started 35 games and he's a backup, not a starting PG in the NBA.
It was not quite a Jim Buss, Luol Deng , desperation Hail Mary.

But, it was clearly a panic move made by a guy whose job is on the line.

They are on the hook with Jackson until 2020-21, Drummond until 2021-22, Blake until 2022-23.,,,at about 71 million per.

Not to mention Leur and Galloway until 20-21 at a combined 17 million a year.

#CapHell

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game going in LA

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Lakers/Spurs. Turns out Channing Fyre is actually alive

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really tired of the Spurs losing to garbage teams like the Clippers and Lakers. Just miss the fucking playoffs at this point.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a part of the move but not the sole reason.

Healthy, BG/Drummond/Jackson is a pretty good trio.

I'm trading Drummond as soon as the offseason window opens. I'm with you on the BG trade for the reasons you mentioned. They were basically stuck with the guys they had anyway and were presented with an option to get a player like Griffin, something that just doesn't happen. In their situation, its a fine move. You get the star. But SVG's other roster moves have stunk. He's missed on basically every draft pick and role player piece. Reggie Jackson is likely untradeable. Drummond is his best asset and you could probably move him somewhat easily. I think Drummond/BG can play together, just not with the rest of that Pistons' roster. So move Drummond for more parts to get younger, smaller, and shootier (STFU, I'm totally making that a word)

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really tired of the Spurs losing to garbage teams like the Clippers and Lakers. Just miss the fucking playoffs at this point.

They built the entire team and roster to compliment and support Kawhi.
The whole Kawhi saga changes every day, but it is still a team without its star player.
Take Giannis off Milwaukee, Lebron off Cleveland, Lillard off Portland...etc etc

They are a tough out in San Antonio, but they cannot beat anyone on the road with this roster.
Lost 8 straight road games.
Won 8 straight home games.

They will get Portland (resting its players) and Sacramento at home the next two games.
They also would have the tiebreaks with both Denver/LAC if that happens.

But, the playoffs will be a 4-3 loss for them even if they do win both.
They wont win a single road game again this season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a part of the move but not the sole reason.

Healthy, BG/Drummond/Jackson is a pretty good trio.

The main reason for the move was to make the playoffs - you could make the argument that they got worst.

Selling tickets shouldn't even be close to a priority given that owners make more money off TV deals than ticket sales.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trading Drummond as soon as the offseason window opens. I'm with you on the BG trade for the reasons you mentioned. They were basically stuck with the guys they had anyway and were presented with an option to get a player like Griffin, something that just doesn't happen. In their situation, its a fine move. You get the star. But SVG's other roster moves have stunk. He's missed on basically every draft pick and role player piece. Reggie Jackson is likely untradeable. Drummond is his best asset and you could probably move him somewhat easily. I think Drummond/BG can play together, just not with the rest of that Pistons' roster. So move Drummond for more parts to get younger, smaller, and shootier (STFU, I'm totally making that a word)

I like their trio (with a full season I think they snag a playoff spot when James bolts the Cavs) but I could see them trading him if they got a good offer.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot being made of the recent 76ers winning streak...

... but, man, they've played a garbage schedule during that time. Best win during the streak is over a Jimmy Butler-less Timberwolves squad... and that may very well be the only playoff bound team of the bunch.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Caruso is a distant relative of Robinson Crusoe......the next 30 for 30 on ESPN.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot being made of the recent 76ers winning streak...

... but, man, they've played a garbage schedule during that time. Best win during the streak is over a Jimmy Butler-less Timberwolves squad... and that may very well be the only playoff bound team of the bunch.

I disagree. The best win was the 19 point win over Denver. Butler-less T-Wolves are not as good as Denver IMO.

But yeah you're right.

Just looked at the Sixers schedule, in their last 17 games they played 12 below .500 basketball teams. In the 5 games against teams over .500, they went 2-3. Losing to the Bucks, Heat, and Pacers while beating Minnesota and Denver.