• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire article is not just in summation of Mitchell being better, but the Jazz as a whole being better. I mean this is a total hindsight article. You wouldn't have read the Jazz are better off without Hayward, 5 months ago.

This article could have been written the exact same without using it as a hatchet job on Hayward. There could easily have been a path to this where they mention that even though Hayward left, the team is thriving. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are playing the best basketball of their career. The team has picked itself up and gelled together. The additions of Jae Crowder and Ricky Rubio have been steadying.

Instead the article focuses on Hayward for some weird reason. Everything comes back to him. Mitchell is better than Hayward. Gobert knew Hayward wasn't essential to the team. They've played better this season than last year without Hayward.

I mean, get over it.
....anyone who says they saw Mitchell coming is a fucking liar.

Come on....

He had a few good SL games.

Lonzo DOMINATED in Summer League.

That shit is not a telltale sign of how the Season will go.

They got lucky.

Be happy.

But, don't try to shit on the guy because he wanted to play elsewhere.

Where was all this when Utah didn't offer him a deal when he became a RFA?

He signed with the Bees and cheap as Utah matched.

Fuck em....and I am Team Mitchell all the way.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire article is not just in summation of Mitchell being better, but the Jazz as a whole being better. I mean this is a total hindsight article. You wouldn't have read the Jazz are better off without Hayward, 5 months ago.

This article could have been written the exact same without using it as a hatchet job on Hayward. There could easily have been a path to this where they mention that even though Hayward left, the team is thriving. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are playing the best basketball of their career. The team has picked itself up and gelled together. The additions of Jae Crowder and Ricky Rubio have been steadying.

Instead the article focuses on Hayward for some weird reason. Everything comes back to him. Mitchell is better than Hayward. Gobert knew Hayward wasn't essential to the team. They've played better this season than last year without Hayward.

I mean, get over it.

I get it. It certainly wasn't a particularly useful article. But I've read that article about different players so many times I can't even begin to list them. I'm Red Sox fan. It's almost obligatory that the Boston press crucify any Sox player that leaves Boston.

I'd imagine a lot of Jazz fans were upset that Hayward left. He was their big name player, something they haven't had in a while. Small market syndrome certainly kicked in.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like your typical beat writer beating up on the guy who left town. He doesn't really go after Hayward beyond saying that Mitchell is already better which is a bold claim but not outrageously so.
Mitchell is not better than Hayward.

Love Donovan.

But, no....

....unless somebody is privy to some secret xrays the rest of us don't know about.

This is totally premature.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It won’t be on account of Donovan Mitchell transforming himself in his rookie season into a better, more promising, more explosive player than Hayward ever was. His ceiling is higher than Hayward’s. His play more exciting. His athleticism, his talent, his popularity more profound.

And there’s no real revenge greater than simply replacing the dude who skipped town with a superior dude.

Truth is, no Jazz fan would trade Mitchell for Hayward now. They might, for an instant, wonder what it all would look like if Hayward and Mitchell played together in Utah, along with Gobert.

Monson: Gordon Who? Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert are the kings of this town

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. It certainly wasn't a particularly useful article. But I've read that article about different players so many times I can't even begin to list them. I'm Red Sox fan. It's almost obligatory that the Boston press crucify any Sox player that leaves Boston.

I'd imagine a lot of Jazz fans were upset that Hayward left. He was their big name player, something they haven't had in a while. Small market syndrome certainly kicked in.
Well, they could have avoided this, for at least another year, had they given him a 5 year extension.

Instead, they chose to play the old...." Let's see if someone else is willing to pay him that much before we commit to the max " game.

Someone did and they matched. But, it was only for 4 years.

Now they are paying the price for that decision.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah maybe that's my bias too because as a Warrior fan we were used to our best players either leaving on their own or getting traded for pennies on the dollar. Couldn't ever blame them.

Hell even when the Warriors had the We Believe team, Baron Davis opted out of his contract and left for the Clippers for more money. I don't recall any Baron bash pieces by the local media. It was just expected and another journey in being a Warrior fan.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah maybe that's my bias too because as a Warrior fan we were used to our best players either leaving on their own or getting traded for pennies on the dollar. Couldn't ever blame them.

Hell even when the Warriors had the We Believe team, Baron Davis opted out of his contract and left for the Clippers for more money. I don't recall any Baron bash pieces by the local media. It was just expected and another journey in being a Warrior fan.
.....we gave away a 1st round pick, which turned out to be Kyrie Irving, just to rid ourselves of that deal.

Clippers love taking " L's".

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....we gave away a 1st round pick, which turned out to be Kyrie Irving, just to rid ourselves of that deal.

Clippers love taking " L's".

Warriors were light years ahead as per usual.

Lowball Baron to let him opt out and sign with the Clippers.
Sell the team to a better owner.
Clippers trade draft pick to the Cavs to take on Baron Davis, which ends up being Kyrie Irving.
Warriors then lose to the Cavs in 2016 because of Kyrie Irving.
Because the Warriors lost, they were able to sign Kevin Durant.

Actually the reason the Warriors are a super team now is actually the Clippers fault.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shams is putting out trash just to be first...lol

The 6'5" Ball was rated by 247Sports as a 3-star prospect coming out of high school, and he was ranked as the No. 226 overall player and No. 50 shooting guard in the 2017 class.

Ball will look to follow in the NBA footsteps of his older brother, Lonzo Ball, who plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.

In December, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported LiAngelo had "no chance" at being selected in the 2018 NBA draft.

:lol:

He's going to spend his career overseas.....

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz may have played a solid game but he needs to revise his post-game interviewing.....

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors were light years ahead as per usual.

Lowball Baron to let him opt out and sign with the Clippers.
Sell the team to a better owner.
Clippers trade draft pick to the Cavs to take on Baron Davis, which ends up being Kyrie Irving.
Warriors then lose to the Cavs in 2016 because of Kyrie Irving.
Because the Warriors lost, they were able to sign Kevin Durant.

Actually the reason the Warriors are a super team now is actually the Clippers fault.
Had we just let you have Deandre Jordan, none of this shit would have happened.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just off the top of my head without looking at the roster.
Milos player option.

Rivers player option.

Beverley non guaranteed team option.

Juwan Evans midget.

All 4 could be gone in a year.

None of the 4 are the pg of the future.

So, yeah....Sexton.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had we just let you have Deandre Jordan, none of this shit would have happened.

That too. Dwight Howard and CP3 are also to blame because the Warriors went after them and were turned down.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I'll be watching the heat game on mute tonight